+ Reply to Thread

Low Damage Help Please

I'm around 1200 power level, I keep my weapons enhanced and modded, but I'm emptying a full clip to take down one enemy. What am I doing wrong? My bullets seem to avg around 60 per bullet, and I'm using an LMG. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I love this game but I need to figure out why I'm doing such low damage

In my experience so far I find it best to pace my shots and focus fire on headshots/crit spots. Even with low damage numbers, if you’re able to pump a bunch of bullets into an enemy’s face instead of their chest, leg, arm, etc. you’ll find that they go down much easier. Other than that, try doing arkfalls and major arkfalls and co-op missions and instances to have chances at getting better loot. Take advantage of the compare feature in your inventory to find out what weapons will pump out the most damage and what’s actually worth enhancing and modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereboz View Post
    I'm around 1200 power level, I keep my weapons enhanced and modded, but I'm emptying a full clip to take down one enemy. What am I doing wrong? My bullets seem to avg around 60 per bullet, and I'm using an LMG. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I love this game but I need to figure out why I'm doing such low damage
    Problem is that enemies scale to your level, you´ll never be overpowered compared to any foe.

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    Problem is that enemies scale to your level, you´ll never be overpowered compared to any foe.
    Yeah. The 2 Bullwarks from the 7th mission Trap, behind Muir are just going to have to stay waiting on me until the devs figure something out about scaling. Even at lvl 50 and pr of 1300, the mop the floor w me.
    God's Little Punchline
    psn: saikoteek
    EGO: 50 PR: 2004
    PS4-NA

Depends on mob. The big ones take that. Normal mobs... shouldn't, so..

- pick better weapon type - SMGs are better then AR for enemies/mag
    - aim for criticals - most of shots should be to head, you use short bursts and aiming to keep recoil at bay
    - snipers will oneshot enemies while not alerting others, they die fast (that is if you control the situation, like prespawn and range)

At 1.3k it wasn't issue for me at all so you should look elsewhere first.. but for raw power solution.. use ammunition (mod) based on what type shield/armor enemies in your zone use. Doesn't matter for sniper (that much, 1.4k unmodded sniper was still killing 2k dark matters with one shot) but having two SMGs one for shield, one for armor are not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SaikoTeek View Post
    The 2 Bullwarks from the 7th mission Trap, behind Muir are just going to have to stay waiting on me until the devs figure something out about scaling. Even at lvl 50 and pr of 1300, the mop the floor w me.
    Bullwarks are nasty

If I remember which mission that was I've got them separated, they were not the same spot (unlike Defiance Few arena :P). And it was not in tights space either (like in bunkers). The way I need to fight them is hiding. You can always shoot at the arm while covered from their main gun. If they fire missiles hide for 100% those are deadly and precise but takes like 10s between firing them.

What I couldn't figure out where/if there is weak spot while they are downed. Couldn't find any.

And even when two I kill them circling some obstacle. They only oppose problem in narrow halls without obstacles or without the ability to slowly go back.

its not ideal, but I've found it can be helpful to use assassin vs Bulwarks if you have the active-3 Big Charge rifle. Go stealth (personally I pull out the gun first then go stealth), then let the gun do a full charge and shoot it in the missile rack. Even if its at full shields, the combined bonuses help you pull down the shield relatively fast, and you're not using your own ammo (since the charge sniper has its own ammo pool). If you're lucky with timing you can get 2 boosted (by stealth buff, even if you're visible now) full shots in.

You can sorta do it without stealth, but really that also means you're probably getting shot in the face.

Your overall power rating seems to be about the only thing used in calculating damage. So to get the most of it, you ideally want to have weapons that are as fine tuned as possible for whatever your rating currently is.

The power level of the weapon itself seems irrelevant, you can spawn an event with your current power rating, then remove your grenade and second weapon and you'll find that even though your weapon and shield are still the appropriate rating, you'll do no damage and take considerably more damage.

So you can cheese things a bit by doing the reverse, remove your grenade to run an event as your weapon and shield will be OP for the resulting PR making you very tanky with high dps. However, the downside, I think, is that drops will all be at your new reduced PR. Or you can focus higher quality items / mods to increase the bonuses as much as possible to increase your overall damage.

TLDR: From what I've seen and figured - a green with a higher damage number will likely reduce your actual dps because of how the PR scaling works. Instead of increasing your PR, focus on getting the best mods and stats to increase dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereboz View Post

Are you using an elemental damage type? Certain types of ammo are more effective vs enemy defenses and HP than others, the same as their attacks are towards your shields.

I think someone posted a helpful grid on this elsewhere.

It's a lot of different parts that can add up to that result.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingK View Post
    So you can cheese things a bit by doing the reverse, remove your grenade to run an event as your weapon and shield will be OP for the resulting PR making you very tanky with high dps. However, the downside, I think, is that drops will all be at your new reduced PR.
    I was wrong, ran some events and got drops at my current weapons level even though enemies were at half that. So I guess an easy way to give yourself a bump in damage / resilience is to just run around without a grenade and a single weapon as long as the weapon and shield you do have equipped are high quality with good stats and mods.