+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Am I doing something wrong? PR concerns

My highest Power Rating item in my possession is a Thumper with 2074 Power Rating. I'm getting Shields and Grenades that have 2K+ Power Rating. Yet, I have yet to get a single weapon with a base Power of 2000 or higher.
    Is there something I need to do or am I just being unlucky?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    My highest Power Rating item in my possession is a Thumper with 2074 Power Rating. I'm getting Shields and Grenades that have 2K+ Power Rating. Yet, I have yet to get a single weapon with a base Power of 2000 or higher.
    Working as intended.

I think they planned it this way to make the grind slower. If you have a maxed gun at 2k and pick up one at 1900, by the time you max it, itll be over the old gun and your pr goes up slightly.

Its all about that salvage..
    God's Little Punchline
    psn: saikoteek
    EGO: 50 PR: 2004
    PS4-NA

Quote Originally Posted by SaikoTeek View Post
    Working as intended.

I think they planned it this way to make the grind slower. If you have a maxed gun at 2k and pick up one at 1900, by the time you max it, itll be over the old gun and your pr goes up slightly.

Its all about that salvage..
    That seems like a terrible system, considering PR maxes out at 5000.

That seems like a terrible system, considering PR maxes out at 5000.
    Especially when you get guns with a lower PR that are better than the higher ones. This was constantly brought up during beta, and of course we never heard a thing about it.

better how? My PR (base) difference seems to be much more influential to damage then anything. Rarity itself seems worth less then 20 PR.

But yeah, I've noticed a wall at 2k too. Mainly because sudden jump in level price while you still don't get blue salvage. And weapons range seems to be a bit less favorable. So when for PR 1000 you might get 950-1050. At PR2000 it feels like 1800-2050 for weapons.

But.. while I spent more time at 2k it was just temporarily. Blue salvage appeared. And I'm going up slowly again.

The extra PR you add to weapons by upgrading is not figured in when you get new drops. To raise PR fastest you have to run with base guns and just equip whatever's higher. But then you aren't earning any weapon skill either...

It's a pretty crummy design choice. If enemy scaling is going to be based off my avg PR, which includes weapon upgrading, then my drops should be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zertael View Post
    The extra PR you add to weapons by upgrading is not figured in when you get new drops. To raise PR fastest you have to run with base guns and just equip whatever's higher. But then you aren't earning any weapon skill either...

It's a pretty crummy design choice. If enemy scaling is going to be based off my avg PR, which includes weapon upgrading, then my drops should be as well.
    So hold on a minute. If I don't mod/enhance or upgrade a weapon you gain no experience point for said type of gun?

I don't think that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Zertael View Post
    The extra PR you add to weapons by upgrading is not figured in when you get new drops. To raise PR fastest you have to run with base guns and just equip whatever's higher.
    what is source of this new "knowledge"?

Because I observe opposite.

First, what I carry doesn't matter. I normally carry low rating weapons. Still looting raising power items. Average time for very specific type I'm writing for is 400 PR. By your way I don't see how could I ever go any higher.

Second.. when I enhance two highest weapons to +150 I suddenly start getting much stronger items and it takes only little time until grenades/shields match and all items start their "normal" pace again.

Modding doesn't seem to chance anything on loot.

I slowed down significantly after 2k as well. I think it has something to do with no longer getting main mission gear drops, which always seemed to be at the max possible power rating (as opposed to drops, which can be higher or lower).

I don't mind much. 2k power "feels" right, all content is doable without being a faceroll, and I like that it will (seemingly) take a long time to hit 5k.