+ Reply to Thread

Stronger or weaker?

I hit 3k PR yesterday, and it seens the more PR I get, weaker I am, that makes no sense... I used one shoot stuff, but now my damage output is way lower than it used to be, even when using the same weapon, how do this scalling work? is it not worth it to level PR's up?

PR is just an illusion used to scale the numbers you see when attacking and how much damage you take. It's how you can do an arkfall in the starter zone with fresh characters all around and yet they don't get one-shot by mobs that appear to be 3k PR on your screen. High PR is needed for things like leveling weapon skills, but otherwise it's detrimental to increase your PR without also increasing the bonuses the weapon provides.

What is important is the rolled bonuses and the mods that you use. Rolled bonuses are higher on blues than they are on greens and so on, so ideally you want to be running around in yellows / purples with high bonuses to do the most damage. Just because that green has a higher PR and lists a higher DMG, it'll actually be worse than using a lower PR Purple because of how the scaling works.

Quote Originally Posted by Calmf View Post
    I hit 3k PR yesterday, and it seens the more PR I get, weaker I am, that makes no sense... I used one shoot stuff, but now my damage output is way lower than it used to be, even when using the same weapon, how do this scalling work? is it not worth it to level PR's up?
    Trion pretty much completly screwed the pooch in terms of balancing the game. Enemies have been given way to much health, the problem is not you, the problem is how much health enemies have and how they scale.

So... leveling PR up is just waste of time? stuff just get way more expensive to enhance and I am doing way worst than I was.