+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pvp build

pvp build

any advice on good pvp build atm am sick of having to use shotgun to compete with people in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by donald View Post
    any advice on good pvp build atm am sick of having to use shotgun to compete with people in pvp
    I've actually run across a guy today that was using the bio rocket launcher thingy (makes the ground all gooy and slows you) and then switched to an infector to kill me. Was pretty vicious, but then, infectors are just as skill less as shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulu View Post
    I've actually run across a guy today that was using the bio rocket launcher thingy (makes the ground all gooy and slows you) and then switched to an infector to kill me. Was pretty vicious, but then, infectors are just as skill less as shotguns.
    Agree'd @ Infectors.

I used the Sludge launcher for a while as well. It has it's issues, though. Namely, the hit detection for it seems a little flawed regarding goo'ing yourself. The radius seems to be much larger for the wielder than targets... or maybe it's just bad hit detection. My biggest complaint, though, is that it so greatly hinders your firepower. I would only recommend using the Sludge launcher when grouped with a friend or two.

As far as non-shotty, non-infector builds go... lately I've been loving my detonator-based build. I've put a good hurting on those "best PVPers" over the last couple of days, as well as doing spectacular in pubs. On average, I'd say I go around 10/3/5 with it.

Here's a couple videos to wet your whistle: (warning: ****ty dubstep and 0 editing)
    FRC Big Boomer + VBI AR2 Bonfire
    FRC Big Boomer + EGO Recharger

The Build
    • Overcharge - Hands down the best option for my detonator of choice, as the instant reload is vital for finishing off defensively-built players and 2-3:1 odds.
    • Overload - As noted already, your ability to reload quickly is often the difference between life and respawn. This one is a no-brainer.
    • Killing Machine - Extends the duration of overcharge, making Overload all the better for longer, more squirrely engagements.
    • Deadly Cascade - I go back and forth on this one. In the semi-rare instances where you can catch two people in an area, this all but assures you will instantly kill both.
    • Blast Shield - Don't blow yourself up, please.
    • Rear Guard or Pumped Up - Largely depends on your secondary weapon; see below.

The Gear:
    • FRC Big Boomer - I find this to be the only real option for a primary detonator for several reasons, not the least of which is the limited ammo pool you get in CPVP; you can't just waste shots all willy-nilly. Additionally, the Big Boomer has far and away the largest blast radius to help counteract others who might be using Blast Shield.
    • DPS or EGO Recharger - If using a DPS weapon (I prefer the FRC AC2 Bonfire launcher, just to avoid having to be a shotgun or infector 'noob') I would prefer Rear Guard for it's ***-saving potential (literally.) Now, what I mean by "EGO Recharger" is a gun with a single shot magazine, decent reload time, and ideally the "10% EGO Recharge on full reload" perk. Combined with Pumped Up, you can get your Overcharge back up in mere seconds, which will enable you to front-load your fights more readily. The downside is that this lights you up on the map like an xmas tree. This gameplay style was shown in the second video above (although I don't think I was using Pumped Up for that one.)
    • Shield w/ -30% damage from your own explosions. See: Blast Shield perk.
    • Bio nade or frag w/ 0.0 det time.

I would like to first state that I have not gotten into PVP yet, I guess I am one of the few people enjoying doing all the side missions and time trials. However, I have seen alot of people complaining about cloak + shotgun to the back and infectors. I watched your video, they look great, and have me wanting to try out the PVP. But you are for lack of a better term noob tubing people, what I mean is, you are hopping around shooting off rockets and small explosions that don't have to hit a person dead on to do damage. I have nothing against bunny hopping, its been around for a long time and is a perfect strat, even more so when you don't have to aim the weapon.

Back to the original poster, one of the grat things about a new game like this is you get to firgure things out for yourself. You have alittle time to experiment with weapons and perks before people start calling you a noob for not taking "x" perk with "y" weapon. I think there is some interesting possibilities with bio and flash grenades , and that sludge rocket was a nice idea.

i use cloak with sniper rifle and shotgun just to be able to defend at close range

The build is quite fun, Fascion. Very well done.

I went 9-1 the first time I used it then 11+ kills the rest.

Boomers are great for laying down explosives in doorways
    Character Name (PC, NA servers): Gimmick
    Clan: Ozz Squad Warriors

dont use infectors lol

comboing and teamwork in the game can really turn into piss poor mechanics. i've seen people group up with 1 guy using sludge, 1 using a trapper with extra links, 1 using big boomer , and 1 using infector. and all runnning together and all in cloak so 1st you get trapped by the auto aim BMG making you an easy target for the sludge rucket which then makes you an easy target for the auto aim infector and detonator. pretty much gives anyone who is not running with a group a 0% chance to do anything.

the issue in a PvP game is devs should NEVER put in anything that takes control away from a player IMO, but tehy do it to let less skilled people get more kills

Defiance Clan: Fartbox Fappers - join the fappage here => http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?t=67354
    Other Clans: Team Arelex, The Reckoners
    Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/avgamevids

Hard to help if you have no information provided. What weapons do you want to use? Do you have preferred EGO Power(s) you like? Perhaps a preferred style of play?
    Retired. Already proved myself as a top PvP player.
    Now playing games that actually have PvP.