+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Regarding Connectivity and Log In Issues - 7/18/18

Hey Ark Hunters,

We’re working hard to fix the connectivity issues that console players have experienced during Arkfall events and logging in. Please understand that major fixes require certification prior to implementation. We are working to get major fixes in as soon as we can (and same goes for PC players).

Your bug reports and player feedback have been super helpful, we appreciate all your support as we work on a variety of fixes (like for Marin Exploration II and many others) to make Defiance 2050 better than ever.

Sincerely,
    Mobi
    Scott "Mobi" Jasper
    Community Manager

What bothers me is a real open beta for consoles would have allowed for so many of these issues to be caught before the official release.

I do appreciate the effort you guys are putting into fixing these things though..

Can't log on on PC too, so it's probably something for all servers. Been unable to log on for hours. They did a few quick server things, and that last "quick server restart" may have messed something up.

Happy you guys are doing it, just dont like how you take for ever to do it. i just wish you were a lil faster.

Your EU servers are great... but I'd rather not have to play EU over NA just to play the game.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by AWolfnamedRae View Post
    Your EU servers are great... but I'd rather not have to play EU over NA just to play the game.
    how are the eu servers great when most of us cant go to an arkfall/siege or enter a coop without being sent to the dashboard?
    sephiroth
    xbox 360 ego 6k
    xbone power 5k

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1 View Post
    how are the eu servers great when most of us cant go to an arkfall/siege or enter a coop without being sent to the dashboard?

Let me rephrase a little -- "Your PC EU servers are great..." Did some arkfalls, did a siege, absolutely no lag, no disconnect, no crashing. Far superior than anything I've seen PC NA side.

Quote Originally Posted by AWolfnamedRae View Post
    Let me rephrase a little -- "Your PC EU servers are great..." Did some arkfalls, did a siege, absolutely no lag, no disconnect, no crashing. Far superior than anything I've seen PC NA side.
    Did you turn off your shadows on PC? After I saw that someone had less freezing, and crashes by turning off shadows I tried it and it's been a lot better. The shadows wasn't stressing my PC, but something about them just seemed to cause temporary freezes.

Outside the Beltway in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    Did you turn off your shadows on PC? After I saw that someone had less freezing, and crashes by turning off shadows I tried it and it's been a lot better. The shadows wasn't stressing my PC, but something about them just seemed to cause temporary freezes.
    Mine got better last week around the same time I turned off shadow, turned down detail and the hotfixes rolled out.
    Cleared the hardfreezes up.

Alas, the freezes have come back the last few days, (mostly) exactly the same way.
    In the last 1/3 of Arks and Sieges.., but now I get hard freezes just ambling down the street while whistling a happy tune.

It gets old, fast....
    NA/pc.
    Mid E-5XXX main
    , but I play 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500
    Just my opinion.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Mine got better last week around the same time I turned off shadow, turned down detail and the hotfixes rolled out.
    Cleared the hardfreezes up.

Alas, the freezes have come back the last few days, (mostly) exactly the same way.
    In the last 1/3 of Arks and Sieges.., but now I get hard freezes just ambling down the street while whistling a happy tune.

It gets old, fast....
    Yeah it really puts me off when things like that happens. Enemies that do short teleports around, players on vehicles lag jumping, and framerate being below 60 for seemingly no reason. Hopefully things get better.

And I'm logged in. People that haven't been able to get in, maybe try it now.