+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Wow, the new breed of Defiance players

Just switched b/w 2 zones (I think) and talked in each, after this update (which btw I haven't tested as far as crashes go). Some are dissatisfied w/ the latest update...and others seem to be resolute in the belief that the game is fine as is. HUH... What are they seeing that I am not...

Any new players, your thoughts are welcome here
    xbox 360 NA - GT: peter1187 In-game: petero

Favorite weapons: The Enforcer , Death's Kiss , Laynard , Azathoth

6K In My Day

Just wait for the fade out. Fly by night players dont know what they are looking at yet. And vets are fed up. Its burning at both ends

I see areas for improvement but being new to defiance (never played the old one) its impossible for me to see the difference. That being said its free to play for crying out loud haha. This isn't a dev team in some high rise making big bucks under the banner of a brand name here lol. This is a group of people who started out with an idea no different than the 100's of ideas you and your friends came up with while talking. They're just doing their best. Thats why I don't gripe much. I'm a broke fool so I am all about the free to play games. As they go this one actually has the least amount of major bugs (aside from the crashing which seems to have increased since the last update) the daily updates and ignoring the minor bugs in trying to tackle the big ones is par for the course with free to play games. It all takes time, and worse once you get one kink worked out a new one always pops up thats just how it is. Paid games seem more ironed out because they have huge I.T. teams which means they can tackle multiple issues at once. Just my own experience as a pc and networking repair dude you can't even give a solid time table because with anything I.T. especially in games and servers crap always pops up... its a given. you fix one thing and 5 more pop up. I say just be happy its playable lol. If anything I'd say the vets expectations of a free to play game are set just a little high. lol some understanding wouldn't hurt either.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartlittle81 View Post
    Just wait for the fade out. Fly by night players dont know what they are looking at yet. And vets are fed up. Its burning at both ends
    If you recall, we used to refer to this as 'churn' back in the beginning of OLDFiance, when we started to see the handwriting on the wall.

They expected that the existing player-base clamoring for bugfixes would be drowned out by new players who weren't tired of busted code, yet.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

I never played oldfiance, and I have dived fairly deep into 2050. I do not deny that the game has bugs, sure the crashing can be incredibly frustrating but do you know what is even more irritating than the actual bugs in the game? Listening to the community over exaggerate, demand ultimatums and just overall submit nonobjective complaints about the game. New players might see this game as a buggy mess and complain sure, old players might come into it with the "This is the way it was" or "We used to have this" or "Where is this" kind of attitude. Either way, I am losing motivation to play the game not due to the game itself but to the community believe it or not. There are some great members in the 2050 community, I know because I talk to them fairly often but those voices who can approach 2050 with a sense of logic and reason are drowned out very quickly by the noise the masses are spouting what, 2 weeks into a FREE TO PLAY games lifespan?

If you bought a founders pack and didn't know that 360 defiance had issues and feel "cheated" that's on you for not doing the slightest bit of research into a purchase, if you haven't dropped a dime into the game by all means bring significant issues to the developers attention but please don't complain. Any seasoned gamer that has been involved in a community will tell you that whining accomplishes nothing while articulated, objective reports of what you feel or what is actually wrong with the game are more helpful and will yield results. I am trying to just phase out all the players who cannot seem to adjust to 2050 or are ignorant to how these growing pains will play out but it is very hard sometimes. At the end of the day, bugs aside, I am enjoying 2050 despite what many of the "nay Sayers" are trying to do to the game. 2050 has great potential, with the updated engine and the newer platforms and changes since the original defiance release, I believe that there is a bigger opportunity here for them to address a lot of the issues the original one had in time. I think the fact that people view this as a port and expect it to be fixed right off the bat is just hurting the game right now. Once they get stability down, they can work on quality of life.

I don't even know why I felt like ranting this morning honestly, I always seem to enjoy playing devils advocate and stirring the pot.
    *Pokes the forums with a stick*

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnome View Post
    I never played oldfiance, and I have dived fairly deep into 2050. I do not deny that the game has bugs, sure the crashing can be incredibly frustrating but do you know what is even more irritating than the actual bugs in the game? Listening to the community over exaggerate, demand ultimatums and just overall submit nonobjective complaints about the game. New players might see this game as a buggy mess and complain sure, old players might come into it with the "This is the way it was" or "We used to have this" or "Where is this" kind of attitude. Either way, I am losing motivation to play the game not due to the game itself but to the community believe it or not. There are some great members in the 2050 community, I know because I talk to them fairly often but those voices who can approach 2050 with a sense of logic and reason are drowned out very quickly by the noise the masses are spouting what, 2 weeks into a FREE TO PLAY games lifespan?

If you bought a founders pack and didn't know that 360 defiance had issues and feel "cheated" that's on you for not doing the slightest bit of research into a purchase, if you haven't dropped a dime into the game by all means bring significant issues to the developers attention but please don't complain. Any seasoned gamer that has been involved in a community will tell you that whining accomplishes nothing while articulated, objective reports of what you feel or what is actually wrong with the game are more helpful and will yield results. I am trying to just phase out all the players who cannot seem to adjust to 2050 or are ignorant to how these growing pains will play out but it is very hard sometimes. At the end of the day, bugs aside, I am enjoying 2050 despite what many of the "nay Sayers" are trying to do to the game. 2050 has great potential, with the updated engine and the newer platforms and changes since the original defiance release, I believe that there is a bigger opportunity here for them to address a lot of the issues the original one had in time. I think the fact that people view this as a port and expect it to be fixed right off the bat is just hurting the game right now. Once they get stability down, they can work on quality of life.

I don't even know why I felt like ranting this morning honestly, I always seem to enjoy playing devils advocate and stirring the pot.
    *Pokes the forums with a stick*
    You poor unfortunate soul... please remember everything you have written here within six months, when you leave the game.
    SAD PANDA CLAN
    PS3 EUROPE
    EGO: 6000.
    WE LOVE BAMBOO

I'm a new player, and I think 2050 is fun. Never played the original. However, I think it has a lot of issue, the biggest is the server lag. Last night the servers pretty much just died out twice during sieges. It was so laggy everything was running in place, and even the chat was taking forever to work. If the lag got fixed there are still a lot of other issues, such as not being able to choose what coop you want to play in matchmaking, vehicle handling (specifically the runner in time trials), and I even think the ui needs a lot of work. There are also things that make no sense like getting the "Explosions 101" side quest far ahead of when you get the prerequisite main quest "Pay the Piper" that allows you to do it - making a lot of preformed groups for it not able to start, because half the people do not meet the prerequisite. On top of that there is a severe lack of content aside from the "carrot on the stick" PR. There isn't a lot of content out to really look forward to, to get your PR up for, nor does their seem to be any new(er) content coming out in the near future.

In 6 months I know I won't be playing, won't have played for awhile, or play very lightly compared to what I do now. In 6 months there will probably be the new crusader class, and maybe new content, so either way I'd probably be back to check it out. A lot of new games in-between then as well, that I would leave the game for no matter how good for awhile.
    PC NA
    MahChurro - Irathient - 50
    Assassin - 25 | Combat Medic - 25

Well, I am sort of a new player too, I did pre-order first Defiance, played for a short time then quit for not being able to complete docks, then I decided to play Defiance 2050, I did like it at first, I even had level 50 character with around 1500 PL, with all frustration to get better gear and salvage I decided to start playing old Defiance, I logged-in with my old character and I could not understand why are NPCs are so bullet-sponges, I deleted all of my old characters and started a new one, that changed my mind about Defiance 2050, I am enjoying old Defiance a lot more then Defiance 2050, it's like heaven and earth, Defiance 2050 feel so empty and unrewarding, I just can't play it at the moment, I just wish Defiance classic did not have lag, but even if they decide to close down old Defiance I will not play 2050 in this state unless they have loot and upgrade system of the first Defiance.

I never played oldfiance, and I have dived fairly deep into 2050. I do not deny that the game has bugs, sure the crashing can be incredibly frustrating but do you know what is even more irritating than the actual bugs in the game? Listening to the community over exaggerate, demand ultimatums and just overall submit nonobjective complaints about the game.
    I appreciate your post as well as all the others. I'm curious though, what do you mean by the community over exaggerating?

Now I'll be the first to admit I haven't read every single thread/post (and if you're referring to something talked about in-game then feel free to just ignore), but I've noticed you use that term a couple of times.

And from what I can see, I can relate to almost every single criticism/complaint: Crashing constantly to the point that the game is nearly unplayable, weapons being akin to peashooters and enemy shields/health being a mess (which, granted, may be related to the crashes since it makes leveling up difficult), stated items not being transferred, frequently encountering bugs in-game, etc.
    xbox 360 NA - GT: peter1187 In-game: petero

Favorite weapons: The Enforcer , Death's Kiss , Laynard , Azathoth

6K In My Day

Once they get stability down, they can work on quality of life.
    5-years later...
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Understand that the players aren't your personal police force that must be looking out for hackers 24/7. That is your job.
    Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    Why do they focus on "lesser known bugs" that are not major concerns! Lag and disconnects On the other hand are the two main problems that everyone wants a fix for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Because after 4 years of defiance, if you're still here, then it's not that big of a problem. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Loot boxes are not pay to win.

+ Reply to Thread