+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Trion, we ask that you honor your word on transferable slots

I wrote a long post about this, but everytime I try to submit it, I get the following error message:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 259122077352607727

I broke it down in several parts below, and if you are an OLDefiance Veteran insulted by how the character/loadout slots transference was handled by Trion, I beg for your patience in reading this whole thread. Thank you in advance.

First, I would like to bring attention to this thread:

So Trion was lying to us the whole time

As of the moment of this post, the above thread has 144 replies, 7,036 views and 15 pages of angry Trion customers feeling outrageously lied to about the transference of character/loadout slots. Read ahead to know more about it.

This post aims to clearly document and argue why the ire of so many Ark Hunters is justified, based on documents and images.

The case being argued here is simple: In the original Valor FAQ, published in March 2018 (4 months ago) and all its subsequent reiterations throughout the forums, Trion said our Account based slots (Character and Loadout Slots) would be transferred to 2050. In all of these iterations, there were no limitations or restrictions imposed to that rule, except that your Account would have to be linked before the Valor cutoff date (June 22). For those who do not know about it, Defiance was once a paid game, before it went to f2p. People who purchased the original game received 5 Loadout slots and 4 Character slots with it. As far as I know, there was never an option to receive free loadout/character slots through the entire history of the game (both paid or free). Therefore, every player that ever had a loadout/character slot PAID for it, either individually or with the game he purchased. This is fact.

Trion states that his policy regarding Free 2 Play is simple: "No Tricks, No Traps!", meaning they would never mislead us or fool us. However, contrary to the documents below and his own policy only 2 days before headstart, Trion said only loadout/character slots purchased in the bit store would be transferable to 2050 within the Valor program.

With effect, as dozens of players in the first thread above, I had 6 loadout slots and 4 character slots in OLDefiance, but only received 1 loadout slot in 2050.

Trion created the rules of the Valor program, not us. They should abide by their own word. During 4 entire months, they always said character/loadout slots would be transferred, no strings attached. To change the perception of the previous rule in place only 2 days before game launch dismissed, without regard, the clear expectations that were set before, months ago, and effectively "robbed" us from slots we could enjoy in 2050, without having to spend Valor or Bits to reacquire them. I stand before you all saying that THIS WAS A TRICK. THIS WAS A TRAP. Do you agree with this statement?

Let's not stop there:

1) The link to the original Valor FAQ, that still says that all purchased slots would be transferred, with no specifications or limitations on how they were purchased in the first place:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...or-Program-FAQ

2) Quote from the document above, saying Account based upgrades would be transferred without any limitations imposed:

Account based upgrades will be transferable to Defiance 2050.
    3) Quote from the document above, specifically saying character/loadout slots would be transferred without any limitations imposed::

What account based upgrades will be transferred to Defiance 2050?
    Specifically, character slots and loadout slots purchased on Defiance before the total Valor cutoff date (June 22 at 11:59pm PT) will transfer over to Defiance 2050.
    4) I am a software developer myself. If Trion tries to argue they could only verify "bit store purchases" with their routines, that would simply not be believable. All of our game data is stored on Trion's servers, to which they have full access, obviously. A simple code that would read the stats of all OLDefiance players from the servers' databases is still possible, at any moment - meaning Trion can, at any moment, query how many character/loadout slots we had in OLDefiance and create equivalent claims or bits in 2050. Trion only needs to order their programmers to do it. This code is nor difficult nor time-consuming to program, it would only take a certain amount of time to run, so the reasons Trion have not set them in motion are unbelievable, to keep this post as civil.

Since technically there are no reasons that would prevent Trion from creating and running the code above (even now), the last minute decision to not transfer our purchased slots is purely a BUSINESS one. And one that goes against the original statements in the Valor FAQ AND Trion's "No Tricks, No Traps" policy.

Even their Customer support, with limited tools, could simply verify your OLDefiance account, visually check how many slots you had and credit you the equivalent valor in Bits to purchase the missing ones in 2050.

5) To avoid editing of the previous document, I saved a copy of it in imgur, and commented on the points above:

Now, this post is an opportunity for all of us to think on this subject. I hope, beyond hope, that Trion's own words are important to them as a business. I hope, beyond hope, that they honor their "No tricks, no traps" policy and don't try to dissuade this issue with malicious writing and "clearer communications" BS. Trion was pretty inflexible when it set the Valor Program rules -- all we had in OLDefiance should simply be transferred to 2050 and that's it, no Valor Program would ever be needed in the first place if Trion simply did the right thing for those who supported their games in the past -- but we ACCEPTED the Valor Program and now we want Trion to RESPECT it as well.

Again, do you agree Trion violated their "No Tricks, No Traps" policy with this character/loadout slots transfer snafu? Comment below. Show your support. Make your voice heard

Remember: people who bought the original Defiance are not only players, we are customers here. And customers have rights.

I have this post saved elsewhere. I will be adding more information to it, in all sources, as the situation develops. And I will not let go of this until the whole Internet knows about it, including Trion's CEO on Twitter.

For those unfamiliar with the "No Tricks, No Traps" policy Trion adopted for all of their games (including Defiance), here's an article from the time OLDefiance went to F2P:

Defiance Going Free-to-Play in June, No "Tricks or Traps"

Like button needed. I am in full favor of everything said here.

Here's a fresh example of a F2P company doing what's right for its customers:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-compensations

Also REFER to "Defiance 2050 Faq" official thread too, and i also think should be included above in op's post, from in that thread where it took me but 1 time to read and my 1st read of 2050 news, to ask and wonder too on "page 11" of loadouts and character slots... trion your foresight sucks and issue was totally easy to pick up on yet you mislead us all countless times even when asked countless times of various means on forum, streams and social media...

to flip flop and change script on us last minute fowl play Trion tisk tisk

you had your chances, chose to mislead us all blind Trion,

and a reason some us bought into founders and all and commited to valor grind cause we had many benefits to look forward to, to get poop'd on by trion last minute with NO ACCOUNT upgrades WTF -_-

we will not rest

GIVE US OUR ACCOUNT UPGRADES

I agree with the above posts but feel you will get no reply from trion as they rarely reply to posts that draw attention to their failures

Here's a pro-tip: @hartsman is the Twitter of Scott Hartman, Trion's CEO on Twitter. He may not know what's happening. Tell him:

https://twitter.com/hartsman

I told him:

https://twitter.com/DigitalSanBR/sta...72735973986304