+ Reply to Thread

disable major ark falls to fix lag

i have been watching for last 3 days and the major lag spikes are directly linked to the start and end of the major ark falls. its either the large number of players npc or the ******ed graphics but something with them is laging out the whole server everytime they happen

The hellbug swarms don’t lag much and they have a large amount of players and enemies. So I’d somewhat agree with you that it’s something in the arkfall code but I disagree it’s the amount of players and enemies.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

If they do away with AF’s, that leaves next to nothing to do. And I’d definitely be out.

XBL: Fluffy KillNiT IGN: FIST PUMPER / Billy Chucklebutt

D13 - Freaks and Savages : Leader

Quote Originally Posted by FistPumper View Post
    If they do away with AF’s, that leaves next to nothing to do. And I’d definitely be out.
    I totally AGREE with you...NO ARKFALLS???? IM GONE TOO... Already bad enuff there is going too be NO TRADE SYSTEM= NO IN GAME ECONOMY= BYE-BYE DEFIANCE 2050 !!!

XBL GT - TTOWNZ DIRTIEST - THE Ogs - Leader/Xbox One

Turn off minor/ major AFs and thats completely nothing to do as everything else is broken, bugged or unbalanced.
    Sieges - bugged / turned off
    hotshots/rampages - broken/bugged
    co-ops - broken/bugged
    arenas - broken/unbalanced
    mmb weapons - broken/bugged
    time trials/vehicles - broken/unbalanced
    warmaster - unbalanced
    dailies/weeklies - broken
    main missions - bugged/unbalanced
    side missions - bugged
    proto weapons - bugged/broken
    salvage - bugged

did I miss anything LOL

The crashes have a huge part to do with the amount of things on screen in general. Sieges and arkfalls crashes the same amount for me. It doesnt seem to have to do with sieges or ark falls, but the number of things my xbox has to run at once. Almost every time i crash now. Ive crashed in coops with only 3 other people, but i think those crashes are unrelated to arkfall/siege crashes.

Its the amount of information being thrown around and our systems and their servers dont seem to get along.

Crashes will never stop. I can guarantee defiance 2013 still crits. It was critting all the way up to a few days before 2050s early access.

Dont expect it to go away completely. I'll be happy to see less crashes, unfortunately with every "fix" it gets worse.

Like in defiance 2013 the cosmetics will need to be toned down. Hopefully not as much as defiance 2013 for trions sake.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Oh, wait, you wouldn't stick around for the time trials?

These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by kniferun View Post
    The crashes have a huge part to do with the amount of things on screen in general. Sieges and arkfalls crashes the same amount for me. It doesnt seem to have to do with sieges or ark falls, but the number of things my xbox has to run at once. Almost every time i crash now. Ive crashed in coops with only 3 other people, but i think those crashes are unrelated to arkfall/siege crashes.

Its the amount of information being thrown around and our systems and their servers dont seem to get along.

Crashes will never stop. I can guarantee defiance 2013 still crits. It was critting all the way up to a few days before 2050s early access.

Dont expect it to go away completely. I'll be happy to see less crashes, unfortunately with every "fix" it gets worse.

Like in defiance 2013 the cosmetics will need to be toned down. Hopefully not as much as defiance 2013 for trions sake.
    Nope, the code is based on the PC version of real Defiance which easily handled these situations. It actually supports more simultaneous players per shard than 2050 is advertised to, and more character customization than 2050 allows. In real Defiance other players would disappear as a way to compensate when there were hundreds of players and enemies at Events.

If crashes are being caused by number of objects on screen then Behaviour would have had to really screw with the spaghetti code they were given as both PS4 and Xbox One have graphics memory in excess of what was necessary for 1080p 60fps all avatars unique on PC. I can count the number of crits on real Defiance PC over the years on one hand.

something needs done i am wondering if its all the particl effects in the atmopher during ark fall covering large part of map in middle of mission right now and have been laged out for 5 min straight waiting for it to clear started soon as the major arkfall started and my mission is just outside the arkfall area

From what i remember the disappearing players patch came after the default cosmetic patch. That still wasnt enough, Even with these fixes and many more 2013 still crits when slightly populated to this day.

The issues in 2050 were around in 2013 when it launched. On console, 2013 was in worse shape then 2050 was at launch. But by this time in 2013 They made everyone run around with default cosmetics which massively reduced crits and lag.

That was back when they werent so dependent on cosmetics for profit. They are trying to find other fixes.

2013 PC might have ran fine from the start, but on console it was a disaster and wasnt decent until years after launch. I remember staying in warmaster during the zagger era was a nightmare.