+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The manually detonated grenades accompy great for Shadow war. Set a bunch on the ground near the capture point, wait for unsuspecting enemy to try to cap and boom. O.o

Austin, PC NA i7-4810MQ @2.8Ghz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, Win10 Home, GTX870M/6GB, 4K mon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
    I'm sure I had some burst weapons like that in D13. But I use a controller on my PC so maybe that was the difference. I have yet to get any burst weapons in D50 so I can't say how it works there. Weird with others saying they get them all the time. Not that I'm complaining...
    Since I posted this I have gotten a lot of burst weapons and all are one burst per trigger pull.

Back in D13 some were this way while some others were burst, pause, burst, pause, etc. so long as you held the trigger. The reason that is different from auto is that in the pauses the weapon would recover from recoil and the bloom would reset. So after a second of fire accuracy was much better than on a full auto weapon.
    -- Tess
    Everything's cooler in the 4th dimension.

Austin, PC NA i7-4810MQ @2.8Ghz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, Win10 Home, GTX870M/6GB, 4K mon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth_HSH View Post
    The manually detonated grenades accompy great for Shadow war. Set a bunch on the ground near the capture point, wait for unsuspecting enemy to try to cap and boom. O.o
    That's why you rally with your buddies before going in while the loan wolf types run strait at the capture point.
    -- Tess
    Everything's cooler in the 4th dimension.

I like manually detonated grenades for somethings, i dont mind burst fire once and awhile.. but there are far to many burst fire guns in 2050. 3 clasess of AUTOMATIC weapons and all full of burst fire weapons, almost all full auto funs have too small a mag as well. I dont understand why the game went in this direction, people complained about all the burst fire guns in the old def, so trion added more to 2050. Time and time again it seems like trion wants to troll it's own fan base
    IGN - David Irwin * PSN - cruxkilla *

Quote Originally Posted by David Irwin View Post
    I like manually detonated grenades for somethings, i dont mind burst fire once and awhile.. but there are far to many burst fire guns in 2050. 3 clasess of AUTOMATIC weapons and all full of burst fire weapons, almost all full auto funs have too small a mag as well. I dont understand why the game went in this direction, people complained about all the burst fire guns in the old def, so trion added more to 2050. Time and time again it seems like trion wants to troll it's own fan base
    To help you understand the Assault and SMG mags. The weapons they are modeled after have a max of a 30 round magazine. This is because their original form, take the assault rifle, the primary example being the M16. The M16-A1 had a semi-automatic and fully automatic selection. The later models, the A2, A3, and A4 all have semi-auto and 3 round burst, usually on a 20 to 30 round magazine. Though banana magazines do exist with this to up their round count to 60, just not in the game.

The LMG family are either magazine, belt, or drum fed. They're full time automatic weapons, generally fired in 3 second and 5 second bursts. This is to prevent the barrel from overheating to quickly, something you don't have to worry about in game. They have the one I use the M279 modeled after the M249 SAW, or the M240 Bravo. The M240 being the replacement for the M60. The LM-73 Thunder, is the same, though it gives a feeling that's it's more like a M60. The Duraama is a energy weapon, so, it's just the oddball of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer21b View Post
    To help you understand the Assault and SMG mags. The weapons they are modeled after have a max of a 30 round magazine. This is because their original form, take the assault rifle, the primary example being the M16. The M16-A1 had a semi-automatic and fully automatic selection. The later models, the A2, A3, and A4 all have semi-auto and 3 round burst, usually on a 20 to 30 round magazine. Though banana magazines do exist with this to up their round count to 60, just not in the game.

The LMG family are either magazine, belt, or drum fed. They're full time automatic weapons, generally fired in 3 second and 5 second bursts. This is to prevent the barrel from overheating to quickly, something you don't have to worry about in game. They have the one I use the M279 modeled after the M249 SAW, or the M240 Bravo. The M240 being the replacement for the M60. The LM-73 Thunder, is the same, though it gives a feeling that's it's more like a M60. The Duraama is a energy weapon, so, it's just the oddball of the three.
    I realize real life guns have certain specs and restrictions , but this is a game of fantasy, not a simulator. And i will alway compare these weapons to the def2013 weapons, which at this point commonly had much bigger mags , and seemed all around better. More interesting, more useful, more effective.

I realize real life guns have certain specs and restrictions , but this is a game of fantasy, not a simulator. And i will alway compare these weapons to the def2013 weapons, which at this point commonly had much bigger mags , and seemed all around better. More interesting, more useful, more effective.
    Oh you aren't going to here my disagree there. The SMG and Assaults damage always felt weak, compared to their magazine size. Looking at the setup, 300 rounds max, it generally takes 1-2 magazines to down an enemy. I feel like I'm fighting with a freaking BB gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer21b View Post
    Oh you aren't going to here my disagree there. The SMG and Assaults damage always felt weak, compared to their magazine size. Looking at the setup, 300 rounds max, it generally takes 1-2 magazines to down an enemy. I feel like I'm fighting with a freaking BB gun.
    In 2050 there are a bunch of guns that are literaly more effective as a club, sure find myself jamming r3 alot lately.

AR mags would be less of an issue if we still had + mag % as a stat option on mag mods and stat rolls like in D13.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
    Since I posted this I have gotten a lot of burst weapons and all are one burst per trigger pull.

Back in D13 some were this way while some others were burst, pause, burst, pause, etc. so long as you held the trigger. The reason that is different from auto is that in the pauses the weapon would recover from recoil and the bloom would reset. So after a second of fire accuracy was much better than on a full auto weapon.
    That is one thing I noticed about drops. They tend to favor SMG, Assault, and rocket launchers. Mod drops tend to favor sniper, shotgun and grenade launchers.

As I said, the only problem I have with the SMG and assault weapons is that their damage just feels weak compared to their magazine size.

+ Reply to Thread