+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Trion, not mentioning nerfs to anything in the patch notes will destroy this game

The game is already one of the worst releases of the year by a long, long margin. You screwed up your progression math from the start, and then nerfed Power Rating adquisition on recent patches, claiming they were "bug fixes". Not only this completely destroys the fun of the game and makes everything way more frustrating than it already is, but also shows a complete lack of proper communication to your current and potential costumers, which makes this game and this company "untrustworthy".

In a proper game, you would create a decent head start (first 5 hours) then throw back the scaling a bit. As it is now, it's a rocket launch and then a completely flat progression when nearing 2K PR.

The game feels extremely unrewarding and unfun. I'm ready to uninstall and not play this anymore because everything now feels like chore. Maybe I'll return in some months.

Hope you reconsider the math and progression because players will leave in troves as they already are (pun intended).

Also, a lot of dailies don't work (7th Legion, Defiant Few) and it's impossible to get Acclamation daily, which is a loss of 75 Commendations monthly, at least, and 900 Commendations a year. Considering that new classes are a whooping 1000 Commendations, some kind of compensation should be in order until the issues are fixed.

I'm mentioning all this because I like the game and like the potential, and hope this feedback reach the devs so they can provide proper solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by NSANE View Post
    The game is already one of the worst releases of the year by a long, long margin. You screwed up your progression math from the start, and then nerfed Power Rating adquisition on recent patches, claiming they were "bug fixes". Not only this completely destroys the fun of the game and makes everything way more frustrating than it already is, but also shows a complete lack of proper communication to your current and potential costumers, which makes this game and this company "untrustworthy".

In a proper game, you would create a decent head start (first 5 hours) then throw back the scaling a bit. As it is now, it's a rocket launch and then a completely flat progression when nearing 2K PR.

The game feels extremely unrewarding and unfun. I'm ready to uninstall and not play this anymore because everything now feels like chore. Maybe I'll return in some months.

Hope you reconsider the math and progression because players will leave in troves as they already are (pun intended).

Also, a lot of dailies don't work (7th Legion, Defiant Few) and it's impossible to get Acclamation daily, which is a loss of 75 Commendations monthly, at least, and 900 Commendations a year. Considering that new classes are a whooping 1000 Commendations, some kind of compensation should be in order until the issues are fixed.

I'm mentioning all this because I like the game and like the potential, and hope this feedback reach the devs so they can provide proper solutions.
    Completely agree with you. Changes need to be made to the progression system, loot drops, and salvage costs or drops. The content in the "roadmap" wont do any good if nobodys here when it drops.
    Gamertag JI A Y D O G G Xbox NA

It's a pretty niche title, not like it was ever super popular in the first place. I don't think it really matters what they do with it now, basically a flop imo with the changes they've made, seems to be pushing players away. Maybe I'm wrong and I hope the game improves but as of now a lot of ppl returning to the original if they haven't already given up on it entirely. I mean let's be honest it was broken from the start. Not really sure where I'm going with this lol but I agree the premise is there. Instead of reskinning a broken game based on a failed show (was cancelled wasn't it?, idk, never really got into the show, I think I watched the first episode, too cheesy), should've just made something new all together. Lootin, shootin mmo with new name, story, lore etc weapons, gameplay yada yada. Feels dated like it doesn't belong.

Quote Originally Posted by NSANE View Post
    You screwed up your progression math from the start, and then nerfed Power Rating adquisition on recent patches, claiming they were "bug fixes".
    What? ͏͏
    PS3/PC NA

Quote Originally Posted by fm0987 View Post
    It's a pretty niche title, not like it was ever super popular in the first place. I don't think it really matters what they do with it now, basically a flop imo with the changes they've made, seems to be pushing players away. Maybe I'm wrong and I hope the game improves but as of now a lot of ppl returning to the original if they haven't already given up on it entirely. I mean let's be honest it was broken from the start. Not really sure where I'm going with this lol but I agree the premise is there. Instead of reskinning a broken game based on a failed show (was cancelled wasn't it?, idk, never really got into the show, I think I watched the first episode, too cheesy), should've just made something new all together. Lootin, shootin mmo with new name, story, lore etc weapons, gameplay yada yada. Feels dated like it doesn't belong.
    The show only failed because it aired on Scifi Chanel and they are famous for canceling good shows and, just because a show its canceled doesn´t really mean its bad.
    Furthermore, any show that gets 3 full seasons is by no means bad.

About the game, yes it's a niche game I have already said that before and the chance they had to improve it is long gone by now.

Did you watch the live stream? They avoid all questions about the real issues this game is facing and in all the streams what you ear more from them its:
    We're working on new stuff, we can´t talk about it but it will be so coooool...
    Hyping the word cool can get you so much unless you abuse the word and ultimately not delivering.
    They have been masters of hype since the beginning
    The new cool stuff they talk about will be more than certain the stuff that still misses in the game rebranded as new. It will be new content for sure, for new players.

They did mention a few planned nerfs in the livestream, such as nerfing pulse nades "cause the players arent using them the way they want us to"
    So anything we arent doing their way, gets nerfed as punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessss View Post
    They did mention a few planned nerfs in the livestream, such as nerfing pulse nades "cause the players arent using them the way they want us to"
    I started watching the stream almost to the end, so they are nerfing pulse nades? Why?
    It´s a grenade, we pull it, we throw it---» working as intended for me.
    Poor Trion, still can´t figure what to do and how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    I started watching the stream almost to the end, so they are nerfing pulse nades? Why?
    It´s a grenade, we pull it, we throw it---» working as intended for me.
    Poor Trion, still can´t figure what to do and how to do it.
    Because the stun it currently has is helping people kill the enemies with OP shields/armor and huge damage at the same time. The stun gives you a little breathing room to whittle down maybe a quarter of their shields/armor with the appropriate nano. It's kind of absurd to use 5 or 6 clips of a purple, current PR, electric nano'd, fully modded assault rifle, just to take down one elite's shield. It just means after the nerf to pulse grenades, it'll be that much more annoying to fight them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkin Tor View Post
    Because the stun it currently has is helping people kill the enemies with OP shields/armor and huge damage at the same time. The stun gives you a little breathing room to whittle down maybe a quarter of their shields/armor with the appropriate nano. It's kind of absurd to use 5 or 6 clips of a purple, current PR, electric nano'd, fully modded assault rifle, just to take down one elite's shield. It just means after the nerf to pulse grenades, it'll be that much more annoying to fight them.
    So, one of the few things that make the game bearable is being nerfed because Trion is once again...clueless.
    But fixing some of the Prototypes that are clearly broken, then they do nothing.
    How pathetic can this be?

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessss View Post
    Oh, really? Because a player made a Tip about Pulse Grenades here on the forums, a few days ago. He just wanted to help everyone. We warned him that we can't share anything good here in the forums, about the game, because Trion immediately nerfs it.

Boom, headshot.

+ Reply to Thread