+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Electric works on shields, damage is bugged and seems to deal as much damage to health.
    Piercing works on enemies health who have armor, less effective on shields.
    Quantum works on health who have shields, less effective on armor.
    Corrosive works on armor, less effective on health.
    Incendiary works on health less effective on shields, and armor.

There is your guide, as written in the ammo description.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Is everybody forgetting about defiance data. They’re independant from trion, but have good info on all the new systems (which is the closest thing to a tutorial that you’re gonna find outside of u-tube, but all in one place). As well as updates, live stream info, news and upcoming events.
    They’re the one stop shop for defiance. (New and old).
    GT -- Abyss Hunter
    Xbox 360&1 NA
    The Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    Electric works on shields, damage is bugged and seems to deal as much damage to health.

Nailed it pretty well.

For everyone else, go to the "Intel" section and look under combat (I think) and all the ammo types are listed there. The Intel section lists pretty much everything you'd want to know that isn't explicitly stated by ego. It is your in game manual. So to the OP, RTFM in Intel. :-)
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

The FM could be a bit clearer. Electric, Corrosive and Incendiary are direct damage whereas Quantum and Piercing will pass through their respective shield/armor type to reduce health. From the description it looks like Quantum and Piercing are less effective once the shield/armor is depleted because they deal lower direct damage to health.

Also unless using the penetrative types then shields and armor have to be completed depleted before health will be reduced.

www.defiancedata.com is definitely the place to go for in depth information: http://www.defiancedata.com/page=139...0-nano-effects

Just fyi the floating numbers are wrong. It'll show you the same number but remove less hp from the enemy bar. Count your shots next time and you'll see electric does deal less to health.

Piercing and Quantum are crap, unless you're facing the Warhunter in arkbreak that summons drones to regen his shield.

If you have one main decent gun only you're most effective with no nano.
    < Brown Coats > PC NA - Floross.

It would be more accurate if you changed the term "works on xxx" to "is adequate against xxx but required or you'll probably die" and the term "less effective on xxx" to "almost completely useless against xxx". The rigidity with which nano's have been employed is just one the many things that contribute to the frustrating experience that the game currently provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessss View Post
    I came across this comment in a different thread but I believe he was actually criticizing players for not playing their game their way and he was being a bad role model by just having fun.

Also he seemed annoyed that they were going to have to create a way in game to 'teach us stupid players' how to use the right ammo/nade/weapons against the right shield/enemy.

Well just my opinion but I thing the devs need to quit complaining and just make a guide, as in RTFM.

For some reason Trion doesn't believe in documenting their games, no quick start, no how to's, no guides, no no patch notes, nada.

They cant seem to accept the fact that their shield/ammo/nade/weapon system really is as clear as mud. I know I just use whatever highest rated shield I happen to have and it seems to work. If there's a better/different way then they need to just tell us.

How long could it take to make and post a simple guide showing showing the bosses, mini-bosses what shield type they have and what they intended to be used against them.

I cant see the point of some sort of in game training mission to that could take months for them to create when there are so many bugs that they need to work on.
    I prefer the Devs be casual with the players and be more relaxed. If a bit of ridicule is necessary then ok so long as it's in a joking manner. Everyone being all uptight and serious constantly is tiring even for 3rd parties. But whatever not everyone can handle jokes.

Too bad there's no Intel guide on War Master to keep players from listening to EGO on breaking locks for a long, drawn-out fight. Have they fixed it in 2050?
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Understand that the players aren't your personal police force that must be looking out for hackers 24/7. That is your job.
    Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    Why do they focus on "lesser known bugs" that are not major concerns! Lag and disconnects On the other hand are the two main problems that everyone wants a fix for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Because after 4 years of defiance, if you're still here, then it's not that big of a problem. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Loot boxes are not pay to win.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valani View Post
    Too bad there's no Intel guide on War Master to keep players from listening to EGO on breaking locks for a long, drawn-out fight. Have they fixed it in 2050?
    Playing the game well.
    Playing the game efficiently.
    Playing the game like Leroy Jenkins.
    Playing the game to help others survive.
    Playing the game to grab everything first, whether other players get to an Ark to help or not.
    They aint all the same, and in many cases they're mutually exclusive.

And then you have the payers who just want to grief other players because they're having a bad day, or 'You're not the boss of me' forced on everyone in the area as a declaration that has to be proven even if no one is trying to be.

You're not going to get players to act as a cohesive team if they don't know or care about cohesion.

And there you have much of the issue wrapped up like a ball of snot in a wet tissue.
    It aint pretty, but it's there, and you just have to accept that it's there.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by boinged View Post
    From the description it looks like Quantum and Piercing are less effective once the shield/armor is depleted because they deal lower direct damage to health.[/url]
    That is correct. Basically if you to use ANY of the special ammo types (except fire) against enemies with armor or shields, keep another weapon, preferably fire, to use against just the health bar. If you are lacking fire, just use a no nano weapon.

Easy guide:

1) Bugs and Mutants - Fire
    2) Raiders, Scrappers, and Volge Bombers and Turrets - Corrosive and Fire or Piercing and Fire.
    3) Dark Matter, 99ers, and Volge troopers and Viscera - Electric and Fire or Quantum and Fire.
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

+ Reply to Thread