Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ego Grid

Ego Grid

So I was messing with the Ego Calculator and I developed a query. I anticipate myself choosing the overcharge skill to start off with. While i was looking for skills that compliment my play style I noticed one wayyyy down at the bottom under blur. My question is can I unlock blur and that specific perk, put that perk in an open slot, and then switch back to overcharge and still keep the perk? Or will I literally have to carve an unlock path all the way from overcharge to underneath blur wasting countless ego points? If anyone can answer or hint at (without breaking the NDA of course ) i would greatly appreciate it. Also any thoughts are welcome
    ~You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it.~

Xbox 360~

As i understand it you dont even need to equip blur to get it. Of you unlock the perk it can be used. But you will be limited to amount of active perks
    Live as you want, life is only a moment in time, don't waste it.

Yes, you will have to carve your way down to get it
    Void Of Fear, We Laugh At Our Enemies And Their Gods

MRC Guild- Your Insecurities Manifested

you start with 1 ego power. and build from there. so if you want a perk from the other side of the grid you have 2 choices. 1 work your way to it. or 2 repec and pick the power nearest it., but ofc the last one you will loose your original power and perks etc
    Confirmed Codes: 1-90 <- here
    90-133:
    ZFR5TA - D91aqk - W72URO - 41US8B - ydbf4l - CNABZX - 6JOMJO - SZUZSY - XT4PMX - PKYLKN - 8KBMUT - JBS7QX - 7BRHNJ - TU3RJF - F3LZLK - MEBTWK - TA6NCJ - PTZ4QR - N4S9EK - 5X4WJ4 - UT7DE0 - 6VWFCI - 81HABS - HUBAZV - GEPKRJ - Q4DUBL - NC9VYK - TTDGX4 - 9C9N87 - ZZKJ2G - T76SN6 - XWRN9M - 88UPWS - NFQ7PG - 35P72U - 8UNKAD - YRE5SN - HP9X6X - C2VNDF - XQBG4H - 4HT2G9 - LYCEHY - 7P8NDC - U6Q9O7= 133 TOTAL found

[QUOTE=Dead_Phoenix; or 2 repec and pick the power nearest it., but ofc the last one you will loose your original power and perks etc[/QUOTE]

This is what i was afraid of... Now I am sad...

Xbox 360~

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow2400 View Post
    This is what i was afraid of... Now I am sad...
    why are you sad? it only takes 5 points to move from one Ego Perk to the next. Im only 203 on my second character and I already have Stealth, Blurr, and Overcharge. Im working my way to decoy then i can start my expansion of the minor perks and building my load outs.
    For you video viewing pleasure
    Friday Livestream Video Archives | Xbox Game Foootage | Beginner's Guide Video
    TrionWorlds Livestream Friday Extravaganza | IGN's Xbox Gameplay Walk Through | Beginner's Guide

Questions for Live Stream? You can post them here!
    Friday Livestream Question Compilation

Suggestions on gameplay? Create a Thread here!
    Suggestions Welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    why are you sad? it only takes 5 points to move from one Ego Perk to the next. Im only 203 on my second character and I already have Stealth, Blurr, and Overcharge. Im working my way to decoy then i can start my expansion of the minor perks and building my load outs.
    How long have you been playing that character? Does it take long to get a high enough Ego Rating for perks? About how many points were you say u've spent by then? Sorry for all the questions lol, but that's what the forums are for?

Xbox 360~

not sure he can say much more due to NDA, but if he can, would be nice.

as for your question however, Devs claim it takes a bit of time to level up, but not as much as other MMOs as the slope is more gradual. some of those certs, depending on where they are placed on the calculator need ego rating of 50-250 to unlock even one of, but i would say if you can get to ego rating of 50, you could likely skirt the sides of the grid to get to where you want to get rather quickly.

i personally would rather know when you get ego points; every level, every other, every three, every 5 levels, etc. but again, NDA likely prevents me from learning this. i am however registered for the next beta, so perhaps that will answer my question. if you are in the beta due to preorder, your questions will likely answer themselves as well.
    Live as you want, life is only a moment in time, don't waste it.

I am indeed enlisted for the beta.But! as a normal human being I grow impatient with soooo many questions without answers due to an NDA still in effect 26 days from launch.... Beta can't come quick enough!

Xbox 360~

Senior Member Prophet of Entropy's Avatar
    from screen shots of the live streams and some math ive figured you get 1 ego point every 10 lvls. so you will have to carve a path too blur, take it then grab the perk you want on the other side, since unlocking an ego power opens the perks its touching.