+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The "Warframe" Model

I see this is how the game is going to try to make money and popularity, which is a good idea IMO. You sell class packs with unique outfits for a price up front (like Warframe Prime items) and make it a long and painful journey to grind for if you want to do it for free, which is the case for Warframe as well. I am a Warframe Founder with Excal Prime and all, so I was there when they were struggling badly in the beginning..which they did. But I give them credit, they stayed active with the community and took ideas from players, which made a huge difference..

Now, I am not bashing Trion. People always bash the parent companies, it's like bashing the owner of your favorite sports team. The real people who will make and break this game are the current devs, whom I will totally support by buying different items as long as I play. I did the same for Warframe. But they do need to hit Twitter, respond to threads (which they do sometimes) and have some cool events and give aways. Say login for 50 days and get a unique roller. Warframe does something similar, something like 50 days you get a loot pack, 100 you get a unique gun, etc..

I see the similarities and weakness of both games as similar, just Defiance 2050 has a long way to go. But it does have potential, a lot of potential because the vehicles and outfits are cool.

One last thing, people need to stop complaining about needing a key at the end of the dungeon to get top loot. Should there be some loot for doing a dungeon, like a blue item? Yes. But a key for purple or orange in fine considering most MMOs only let you run dungeons once a day or so unless you pay in some way..Tera and SWTOR are examples.

The game needs to make some money people, not give away purple gear because you paid for a Definace DLC 4 years ago. And the devs need to step up as well, get these events and give aways going.

Sorry for the uneven thoughts, but trying to relate this experience to Warframe's early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravennest View Post
    I see this is how the game is going to try to make money and popularity, which is a good idea IMO. You sell class packs with unique outfits for a price up front (like Warframe Prime items) and make it a long and painful journey to grind for if you want to do it for free, which is the case for Warframe as well. I am a Warframe Founder with Excal Prime and all, so I was there when they were struggling badly in the beginning..which they did. But I give them credit, they stayed active with the community and took ideas from players, which made a huge difference..

Now, I am not bashing Trion. People always bash the parent companies, it's like bashing the owner of your favorite sports team. The real people who will make and break this game are the current devs, whom I will totally support by buying different items as long as I play. I did the same for Warframe. But they do need to hit Twitter, respond to threads (which they do sometimes) and have some cool events and give aways. Say login for 50 days and get a unique roller. Warframe does something similar, something like 50 days you get a loot pack, 100 you get a unique gun, etc..

I see the similarities and weakness of both games as similar, just Defiance 2050 has a long way to go. But it does have potential, a lot of potential because the vehicles and outfits are cool.

One last thing, people need to stop complaining about needing a key at the end of the dungeon to get top loot. Should there be some loot for doing a dungeon, like a blue item? Yes. But a key for purple or orange in fine considering most MMOs only let you run dungeons once a day or so unless you pay in some way..Tera and SWTOR are examples.

The game needs to make some money people, not give away purple gear because you paid for a Definace DLC 4 years ago. And the devs need to step up as well, get these events and give aways going.

Sorry for the uneven thoughts, but trying to relate this experience to Warframe's early days.
    No worries. I've been playing MMO's since I first picked up Guild Wars back in 2005. All game companies have stumbling periods, even WoW had a few. Another way to look at it is the launch of Archeage. Trion stumbled through it.

Right now, I think the majority of the problem is that developers are frustrated. If I were one, I would be. This is a reboot of a game, which is using different systems from the original. But, the majority of posts seems to be complaints. Seriously, who wouldn't be frustrated with having to read all this negativity? But the main thing for the players to remember here, is they have to have time to work these things out. This isn't Burger King, you'll never have it your way, right away.

After reading over the forums, as a player. I've noticed that other than the normal complains about bugs, cheaters, and server stability. The main issue is they want Defieance 2050, just to be a newer version of the original, with all the original systems. Which, they need to lay down the delusion that they're going to get that. It's not going to happen. The new systems brings with it new problems they have to solve. While I agree, items drops should be a bit more common place, mainly so we can have the salvage and scrip to work with vendors to help us out. I'm not expecting my power level to grow quickly.

To address the key part of this, I've dealt with this in another game. Star Trek Online to be precise. Which, the chests at the end of an Arkfall or Instance are the same thing as Star Trek Online's lockboxes. Hence, I don't buy keys. I know better than to waste my money on RNG boxes. Personally, I don't even worry over those boxes. I do Arkfalls and instances for salvage, scrip, and weapon skill leveling. The developers can want for me to buy keys to open those boxes from now until the sun blows up. I'm not concerned with what they want me to do. It is a sad system that preys upon those that want to be super powerful right now, all you need to do is pay for it.

However, I will agree, the developers are stumbling right now. There are a lot of things to address. The main issue, if you've paid attention, is the one everyone is making fun of them for working on, server stability and the issues there. Sure, you can want this or that from the original Defiance. You may even want to farm this drop or that one. But, if you can't even login, or the server keeps crapping out, you can't even play to do that. This is a MAJOR issue for all players on all platforms. They do have a rough plan on what they wish to do in the coming months, we've see the post. However, wanting that new content now, does no good, if you can't even play the game. On this, I'll give Trion a hat tip, this is actually the sensible thing to work on.

I will also agree, that Trion needs to step up on communicating better. The patch notes a re a bare minimum of information. A lot of the things about the changes they have done, we don't discover until we're in game.Take the change to salvage for example. However, on this as well, if Trion does start communicating better, we, the players, need to reign in our overwhelming desire to complain. We need to look at these issues from both side of the coin. As what we the players see, and what Trion sees. I'll just put this bluntly. The developers are people as well. Like most people, myself included here, if all you ever do is complain, then the highest probability is that no one listens to you. I'm not saying not to complain. Just reign it in some, add a bit of thought, and turn it in to a constructive criticism.

Every free to play game has a pay hill, not to so much a wall.

Neverwinter for example. Not spending money turns into a slow crawl when you a hit a certain point. This game has that too.

Games like neverwinter and warframe, you can earn premium currency, like bits, while playing the game. Spend $100s of dollars worth without spending a dime.

My biggest 2050 issue the lack of difference between 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 is my issue. Everything feels the same.

Most games that put a pay hill or slow grind give a good feeling of progression. You notice the grind or paying was worth it. This game isnt worth the time or money in the end like most games that succeed are.

Then you add in the issues this game has had with servers. glitches, bugs, cheaters and whatever else. Its a complete different ball game then any other free2play game. This game should have been released through the xbox game preview program while they fixed these problems.

Final straw will be spending money on bits and losing the things we spend those bits on.

poe? lol? dota? fortnite? all have a type of micros and they are doing great much better than most of the games today

I agree that the CM & Devs need to engage the community in a meaningful way. Give it time though as the game hasn't been out a month on current gen.

Someone raised the point about earning premium currency and i agree that Warframe excels in that area. A simple way to please the masses Imo would be to remove power rating from mods as they don't raise your pl anyways, and allow players to sell them for bits to other players.

I agree trading and using Bits as the currency would be a big step, but there probably needs to be more Bits in circulation for that to happen..which could happen by offering compelling reason for people to purchase them. Warframe would offer $10 of plat plus some crappy mods that you probably wouldn't use for long. Definace could offer $10 Bits and something like coupon codes Tera uses to buy outfits from a particular vendor. I know this sounds like just throwing **** together, but more variety in making Bits more valuable is a must for this game.

Also, as everyone says, the servers must stabilize...I just wonder if the issue with server stability is the hardware can't support enough virtual machines to manage all the concurrent users or what, but may need to re-think the server architecture if this is happening. These shard as gamers call them are nothing more than many virtual machines you connect through using a load balancer, which then directs the connection to the "most available" virtual server.

As long as we don't see any Prime versions of current classes, I think we'll be fine.

...although Combat Medic Prime would probably be awesome.

Why? I think Prime model works great. It gives slight bonus so you want one, it's source of money for developers, unlocked for all players at day 1, you can grind one if you want, doesn't take too long, you can either buy missing parts, keep selling found parts for "high" as F2P people want it fast.. you can sit on parts until they are no longer obtainable and sell them for higher.. while there never was a problem obtain anything vaulted or not from players. And you can tradeoff unwanted "trash" parts for unique rewards.

Jeez, even looting RNG and grouping for content in Warframe works very well. You can do it all solo, no problem. But more people mean higher chance you get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravennest View Post
    you most not be high power level because if you was you would know that the chest is the only way to get your power level up and when you can only get 1 or 2 keys a day and you wait hours for a coop and get a shield and nade that does nothing for your power level then you think what is point in playing byway i have all slavage i need for next powerlevel so dont say get slavage

@OP

I’m not quoting your novel.

Here’s the thing. If they wanted to do something completely different with the game that’s fine by me. But make more than 20% of the game different. Otherwise it’s the same game with the same issues as it’s predecessor.

In WF, how would you feel if every 10mr’s you had to buy or acquire your guns again? Because the ones you have are not strong enough?

XBL: Fluffy KillNiT IGN: FIST PUMPER / Billy Chucklebutt

D13 - Freaks and Savages : Leader

+ Reply to Thread