+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Defiance ( D13 ) Store? Game abandon

Can the devs please just allow us to buy everything with in game money from the store, meaning add all the store items to vendors, because it doesn't seem like they have no intention on adding the store back, D13 is abandon or what? the store has been out since june, might as well port every item , clothes etc to vendors in game so we can buy them please, thanks.

Don't get your hopes up. It's no longer supported by Trion Worlds and who even knows how long the server will remain up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malificarr View Post
    Don't get your hopes up. It's no longer supported by Trion Worlds and who even knows how long the server will remain up.

It is kind of surprising that Accounting hasn't had them shut down the servers by now to save on the electric bill.

If they shut down D13, you can say goodbye to Defiance, and probably their company lol. because unless 2050 is going to turn into d13 or d13 will be updated and upgraded which should have happen in the first place, 2050 is not going to last.

The only thing i can hope if they do shut down d13, make the game offline playable/into a offline client so we can play it forever, and its mostly pve game anyway, i don't see they will have trouble doing that. i hope something happens if they shut it down, because if not, i'm done supporting trion. defiance is too good of a game to let it die.

2050 is vanilla defiance with some changes(content will be added over time, but atm its vanilla.) To have it survive they need to remove old defiance. People enjoy old defiance more then 2050, so why keep it open when moving forward with 2050? Alot of the people playing old defiance right now will come back to 2050 once old defiance is down. Not saying all, but alot of players still playing old defiance are defiance lifers and only playing old defiance as its an option, not to mention a better option.

There are lots of us, that it will take quite a bit to get us to like D50. I play it yes, but if this next "Add to Content" doesn't also do something about the scaling or the amount of health and shields the enemies have then nah..... I'll move along. Especially given the amount of time (and money) I have invested in my collection on D13.

XBL: Fluffy KillNiT IGN: FIST PUMPER / Billy Chucklebutt

D13 - Freaks and Savages : Leader

2050 and the original game are not really in competition. They are run and owned by the same company. Any money made by either product goes to the same place.

I think it would be a better business decision to keep the original online until at least 2050 has settled into a “good place”. That means 2050 needs to have more of what is planned in the roadmap.
    I hope that the original is at least online until the winter (when more is planned for 2050).
    Logically, Trion needs to know they can bank on 2050 being a success before they remove the original from their servers.

Did ice cream makes stop selling vanilla when they introduced chocolate or strawberry flavours? So ... why should Trion do that? Usually in business ... you try selling new products but keep selling the old ones ... just in case the new products don't sell well.

It seems like a few of the players wanting the original shutdown are actually just angry with Trion about 2050 etc. I can understand why people might get angry, but it seems like they just want Defiance to fail (both versions). This kind of player is only trying to sabotage the game and ruin it for those people who still enjoy it. I still have a few friends who play the original Defiance ... some tried 2050 but came back. And recently I have seen quite a few new players in the original ... perhaps because "Defiance" has had more publicity in the last few months. They seem to be having fun, so why spoil it?

I'm still hoping to get and enjoy a few jackpots from Py'Numbra before they shut down the original. I was hoping for Heisenberg (the only one I need for that set) ... but they changed to the Cleansing Napalm synergy.

Eventually I think they should make it possible to buy the super jackpots from the Jackpot vendor. Perhaps for Loyalty or Bits or PG.
    There are a couple I would still like to test and play around with.

If they shut anything down imo it should be 2050. Then they can give us what they promised (remade from the ground up) or just port the original(which is what we all really want). That would solve the problems of valor or not receiving items on the transfer list. I myself will not follow to 2050. If you like it great. I myself am done with trions broken promises and vague descriptions leaving room for plausible deniability. Still waiting for promised compensation and the log in winners...........

I really don't understand how anyone can enjoy 2050 , but hey that's up to y'all. And yea they need to shut down 2050, and focus on D13 which is a million times better in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    2050 and the original game are not really in competition. They are run and owned by the same company. Any money made by either product goes to the same place.

I think it would be a better business decision to keep the original online until at least 2050 has settled into a “good place”. That means 2050 needs to have more of what is planned in the roadmap.
    I hope that the original is at least online until the winter (when more is planned for 2050).
    Logically, Trion needs to know they can bank on 2050 being a success before they remove the original from their servers.

Did ice cream makes stop selling vanilla when they introduced chocolate or strawberry flavours? So ... why should Trion do that? Usually in business ... you try selling new products but keep selling the old ones ... just in case the new products don't sell well.

No thats apples and oranges comparison, this would be vanilla and french vanilla type of comparison.

It seems like a few of the players wanting the original shutdown are actually just angry with Trion about 2050 etc. I can understand why people might get angry, but it seems like they just want Defiance to fail (both versions). This kind of player is only trying to sabotage the game and ruin it for those people who still enjoy it. I still have a few friends who play the original Defiance ... some tried 2050 but came back. And recently I have seen quite a few new players in the original ... perhaps because "Defiance" has had more publicity in the last few months. They seem to be having fun, so why spoil it?

Where are you reading into this? Everyone Ive seen complaining is doing so because of the issues and most are calling for D13 to be kept going in new port. Your making it sound as if there are trolls on here gunning for the games to be ended, I havent seen anything remotely like that. Sources?

I'm still hoping to get and enjoy a few jackpots from Py'Numbra before they shut down the original. I was hoping for Heisenberg (the only one I need for that set) ... but they changed to the Cleansing Napalm synergy.

Eventually I think they should make it possible to buy the super jackpots from the Jackpot vendor. Perhaps for Loyalty or Bits or PG.
    There are a couple I would still like to test and play around with.
    Are you playing on EU severs? They seem to have the least amount of issues.