+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenoe View Post
    that's why Defiance has no trading. And it's Defiance very own flaw that made it this way.

It's in no way an argument for "most of the time trading is a negative in gaming" and "every single game with trading in it ends up with a Toxic Community" which you've agreed with and which is just not true.
    Totally agree with you.
    I almost always do.

But the part in red has happened in this previous game here, and seriously ruined the game for a lot of ppl for a long time.
    It ruined the community.
    Because of limitations in this game, cheating and scamming and duping has been far too easy and commonplace for people who come here just to break the rules of fun and gaming.

I mean, who cheats in PvE games?

Well, it turns out, a LOT of people will.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

One on one trading leads to toxicity. A third party like an auction house never has toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by kniferun View Post
    One on one trading leads to toxicity. A third party like an auction house never has toxicity.
    People came here and duped items like crazy, and sold them through the auction house the devs set up.

No disrespect:
    I see your join date, but your statement leads me to believe that you have no idea what people have done in this game over the years.

It's 'free'.
    They break the rules, get banned, create a new email account and come back to the free game again, having lost zero personal investment, but sucking the trust out of the game.

I had hundreds of paid-for inv slots storing stuff I gave away all the time.
    LOTS of other players did, too.

That didn't stop other people coming here to prey on the player base and make stuff ugly.
    I have lots of opinions.

NA/pc.
    2013:

Doesnt sound like an auction house issue. Every game has an auction house now a days and things run fine. Tera, ESO, Neverwinter, to name a few console games with an auction house where if used correctly people dont get ripped off. Although ESO auction house style is garbage.

Server based games shouldnt have a dupe issue for long if any.

Quote Originally Posted by kniferun View Post
    Doesnt sound like an auction house issue. Every game has an auction house now a days and things run fine. Tera, ESO, Neverwinter, to name a few console games with an auction house where if used correctly people dont get ripped off. Although ESO auction house style is garbage.

Server based games shouldnt have a dupe issue for long if any.
    We HAD an auction house.
    It was a dismal failure of hacks.
    Other games don't have that issue, but we do.

btw, many other games have guild traders, not auction houses, if the have something a step above just trading face to face.

Other games don't have hackers using the kinds of weapons we see every day, here, cheating out in the open.
    It killed PvP for the first 2 years, and never got stomped out, to the point where masses of players here won't even bother with PvP.
    Yet, Here we are.
    I have lots of opinions.

NA/pc.
    2013:

Well, its unfortunate they dont want to invest in a counter action against hackers.

I honestly believe the big reason we don’t have trading is related to the trade exploits that the devs never fixed in the original game spite being told exactly how it was being done and the reason we don’t have an auction house was because some players used a bug to exploit it creating duplicates and then selling them to unknowing players. In turn that unknowing player ended up without the traded item sometimes because it would mysteriously vanish from inventory. And just like what was written above. Some players were banned for abusing an exploit but created a new account. Then rinse and repeat.

It’s sad too because the auction house was awesome for us honest players got to auction many mods that otherwise would have been vendor food. .
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven Hybrid View Post
    I'm sorry but your wrong i play all kinds of games too, even though there is the occasional acceptance to the rule most of the time tading is a negative in gaming because people exploit and cheat to the point where it's unfair and unbalanced for everybody else then you have all the new players that don't want to wait or put in the work so they beg for people to trade/give them high level gear which in return power levels them to the top which ruins the game/economy/balance which makes the game not fun.
    Mods and scrip don't change power rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronial View Post
    One reason: The store and how players selling their mods/weapons and undercutting Trion was a huge problem in the last game.

The game is free now, and generates sales from bits. I know all the legit players would trade fairly, its just the people who bot games to sell for real cash would take advantage of this like any other game. This is why Destiny didn't allow trading.

You can buy mods in the store with bits (what they hope for) and earn them from the acquisition vendor, once you have all/instead of classes.

I do agree that as of now once you hit 2k pr, scrip is just piling on. Being able to buy a random mod cache for a large amount of scrip wouldn't be bad as a third option, but who knows what the future holds.

Heck I got a legendary orange mod at 2600 pr for a sniper, I'm saving it because it was my first oj
    why buy mods or use them at all until there are working correctly???

XBL GT - TTOWNZ DIRTIEST - THE Ogs - Leader/Xbox One

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Thumbs up.

This guy gets it.

They want players to work their way to the top over weeks, and play the game.
    Not trade their way to the top in days, and get bored/leave.

Players got to 50 EGO in 18 hours, and many are annoyed that weapons progression is slow.

If weapons progression matched EGO progression - what would players bother doing in the 3rd or 4th week?

They'd find a new game, is what, because they'd be maxxed out here and bored with nothing left to do.

Thank you, do the work and you get paid and if you don't then you shouldn't it's that simple. If you can't or won't put in the time then why play a MMO there's plenty of other games out there.

Welcome to the New Age

Defiance 2050

IGN: Draven Blackmane

Race: Human / Male

Classes: Assault - lvl 25 / Guardian - lvl 25 / Combat Medic - lvl 25 / demolitionist - lvl 25 / Assassin - lvl 25

EGO Level: 50

Power Rating: 2700

Pursuit Rating: 520

Xbox / NA

Clan: Ark Vault Hunters

"No time to ride the line."

"No rest for the wicked."

Lawkeeper Jon Cooper

+ Reply to Thread