+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    I used a key in a co-op map last night. I received a blue weapon 100pr under what I am. I swear I was told that the good gear comes from running co-ops. I ended up breaking it down and getting exactly 1 salvage for it. Yay for nerfs.
    I'm not following your post. That means you got a weapon that raised your pr by 50 right? A blue 100 below when fully enhanced will be +50 above you.

If you are at 1500 pr, you get a 1400 blue + 150 fully enhanced takes you to 1550 which is +50 from your original 1500.

Terribly designed leveling system imo with how the game works. Idk what the drop rates are like in 2050, but I'm sure a lot of ppl from the old game knew how to exploit the system (thanks Combo). Potentially there was nothing gating your progression (idk, kinda guessing here). I mean unlimited drops, unlimited salvage right?

Quote Originally Posted by kniferun View Post
    You wont get a weapon higher then your power. Just the hopes itll raise your power when leveled. Technically a blue 100 under your power is a better weapon potentially.

On Xbox, with the lack of salvage, Youll want a shield or grenade, theyre always above your power in coops. Ive seen people wanting them removed from coops. Annoyed me abit.
    That’s usually what I get. A grenade, mod, or a shield. They never bump me up in PR a tremendous amount but it’s enough to start to get a little better drops. So I had no idea that drops from co-ops could be below your PR. I watched the dev stream and I was just taking what they told me as gospel since it’s their game. I was under the impression that you get the best drops from running co-ops.

The devs shouldn’t remove grenades or shields from those chests. After the drop I received last night I appreciate my +50 grenades from co-op chests a little more.

I just wish that the chest guaranteed an item either your PR or a little higher. I bet that would make people want to pay for ark keys a lot more. Because of what I just found out I’ll stick to my 1 key a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosee999 View Post
    I'm not following your post. That means you got a weapon that raised your pr by 50 right? A blue 100 below when fully enhanced will be +50 above you.

If you are at 1500 pr, you get a 1400 blue + 150 fully enhanced takes you to 1550 which is +50 from your original 1500.

The amount of salvage that I have to use to level up the gun in order to gain that +50 PR is why I trashed it and was really disappointed with the drop. Xbox one players don’t have sieges right now so getting the amount of salvage that I do have isn’t easy. I can literally be on a server for over an hour before a major pops up. Till then I try to run around doing minors to farm for salvage. Depending on what time you get on determines the amount of clan mates on due to work and life so tp’n to them isnt an option.

If the gun was my level or just 50PR below me then yes I would have leveled it up. But getting a +50PR shield or grenade would have been worth the ark key. The drop wasn’t worth the time and effort I put in to get salvage, do my dailies for a key, and then use all that salvage on +50PR I don’t think so.
    Before the salvage nerf and the removal of sieges on Xbox then yes I probably would have used the weapon. But I have to be smarter with what I spend my salvage on.

I'm on Xbox as well and currently at 3700 pr. I'm just saying, that's what you should be expecting from co-op chests usually is a +50 power gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosee999 View Post
    I'm on Xbox as well and currently at 3700 pr. I'm just saying, that's what you should be expecting from co-op chests usually is a +50 power gain.
    Perfect example of why the salvage system is bad. The game just dropped what 2, 3 weeks ago? And people are already near max (5k right?). There isn't even any content in 2050 yet to justify end game. And you shouldn't be thinking about end game anyway so soon after the games release.

All the salvage nerfs have been an attempt to slow paying customers. If people want to buy their 5k, let them who cares. Slowing the pay costumers is yet another reason for potential customers to move on.

Most games have level caps, and open the cap with future content. There is no reason why the cap should be any higher then 2500. Besides coops you unlock nothing. Doing tier 1 coops is no different then tier 3 coops besides a chance at better gear. Which seems to be tied to your power and luck not tier.

And so with this nerf, my play time has been cut down and then cut down even more. D2050 is boring now, nothing new. No time to sit and 'grind' when other games offer more fun.

It is also the main reason people have resorted to "cheating". It is boring, so 1 shot kill, speed run, fly, etc. They are bored and do not care.

Trion is shooting themselves in the foot with lack of content and constant boring nerfs. Take the fun out of the game = no players.

While it is not the end all be all, Steam shows barely 1k players (PC), MAYBE you could double that during peak hours. Include XB1 and PS4 and MAYBE total 4-5k players max @ peak.

That is not a sustainable figure.

Farming = Boring = People move on.

I know I have already started playing other games. Login for 20-30min and more or less done.

Quote Originally Posted by Peponi View Post
    And so with this nerf, my play time has been cut down and then cut down even more. D2050 is boring now, nothing new. No time to sit and 'grind' when other games offer more fun.

It is also the main reason people have resorted to "cheating". It is boring, so 1 shot kill, speed run, fly, etc. They are bored and do not care.

Trion is shooting themselves in the foot with lack of content and constant boring nerfs. Take the fun out of the game = no players.

While it is not the end all be all, Steam shows barely 1k players (PC), MAYBE you could double that during peak hours. Include XB1 and PS4 and MAYBE total 4-5k players max @ peak.

That is not a sustainable figure.

Farming = Boring = People move on.

I know I have already started playing other games. Login for 20-30min and more or less done.

steam charts show 660 peak in 24hours and 370 online right now, true this is not all the players, but it does show you +- how the pop have changed since start.

so if we had around 2400 peaking , and now about 660 i guess its pretty safe to say that in 3 weeks pop dropped by 3/4.

in a month, this game will be dead, those that will grind the boringness or p2w to get to 5k will quit after getting there when no new endgame presents

and those that are just hating the nerfs, and can't keep up with the grinding will quit and are still quitting into the 2k's-3k's (that's me, i left at about 3400)

+ Reply to Thread