+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is anyone's console getting really hot while playing?

Mine just turned off last night on it's own and I smelled a like burning plastic smell, that was the first time anything like that has ever happened.

I turned it on later and just left it sitting for about 3 hours to see how it would do and it seemed fine, still pretty odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Norris View Post
    Mine just turned off last night on it's own and I smelled a like burning plastic smell, that was the first time anything like that has ever happened.

I turned it on later and just left it sitting for about 3 hours to see how it would do and it seemed fine, still pretty odd.
    Mine hasnt shut off, but i do notice that the fan seems to run much harder when playing d50, compared to doing anything else. It was so noticeable that it actually worried me. I havent played for extended periods of time, anything over a couple hrs, so I dont know what would happen if i did that. The first time it shuts down, I'd wipe the game and never touch it again.
    God's Little Punchline
    psn: saikoteek
    EGO: 50 PR: 2004
    PS4-NA

Thats the built in safety feature on the ps4 is to turn off because it is starting to overheat ,it happened to me before ,you must having been playing 4 a long time like over 8 hours ,the best thing to do is play 4 a bit shut it off let it cool down ,like 15 minutes or so and start again ,is it a brand new machine ? If so u just broke it in .

It's the reg ps4 not a slim or pro so it may just dying out on me, i'll mostly play a different game the next day or two and see what happens. I have it sitting on a roll of duct tape so it's more elevated with a little fan pointed at it now, really don't wanna lose it.

Does the ps4 even have a ventilation system? Compared to my xbox one the ps4 exhausts nothing.

You may want to buy a cheap attachable fan built for a ps4, as air blowing in the ps4s direction doesnt do much.

Yeah it's funny you mention that because for the first time ever the other day my XB1-S just turned off while i was playing Defiance 2050 but other than that i haven't had any problems.

Welcome to the New Age

Defiance 2050

IGN: Draven Blackmane

Race: Human / Male

Classes: Assault - lvl 25 / Guardian - lvl 25 / Combat Medic - lvl 25 / demolitionist - lvl 25 / Assassin - lvl 25

EGO Level: 50

Power Rating: 2700

Pursuit Rating: 520

Xbox / NA

Clan: Ark Vault Hunters

"No time to ride the line."

"No rest for the wicked."

Lawkeeper Jon Cooper

I get the opposite problem on pc, The game is barely waking up my gtx 1080ti, I'm struggling to get it to come out of desktop power lvl's when the game is running

i'm lucky if it uses over 30% gpu power

It does seem to use alot of cpu power on one cpu core though, maybe thats whats causing the problem on xbox?

I wonder if it is running in software mode, rather than gpu acceleration
    Antony Harrist - PC NA

A clanmates PS4 has shut down twice while playing Defiance 2050. This was the same issue the PS3 had as well. Seems like the game is pulling a lot of power and resources from the consoles hardware. This is the only game that’s ever done this. The devs need to realize consoles are not like pc’s and that’s the problem. They built this game with the pc mindset.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

It's the reg ps4 not a slim or pro so it may just dying out on me, i'll mostly play a different game the next day or two and see what happens. I have it sitting on a roll of duct tape so it's more elevated with a little fan pointed at it now, really don't wanna lose it.
    I had the same issue months ago with the original ps4,it started to overheat about 10 months ago,then eventually it would shut my ps4 down constantly.The last issue was i needed to start to boot the system with the safe mode option because my ps4 was not starting normally,now its dead But it did last longer then i expected.

It´s not the game definitely.
    PS4 has some auto protect features.
    Just last night, coincidentely, my original PS4 started beeping when turnrd off and, this was more than an hour later after being turnd off.
    It´s the blueray drive in my case that attempts to eject the disc, but there`s no disc inside, most of my games are digital.
    I unpluged everything from the console even the power cord, pressed the power button, she turns on and after a second powers off.
    After that i plugued it again and stoped beeping.
    It´s to my beliefe that if the drivespends to much time without reading discs it starts acting funny.
    It also happened with my PS3, after years without playing/reading from the disc drive t started making the same noise (not the beeping) with the drive, attempting to start spining a disc without having one inside.

I know that what i`m discriving is a different problem but , n your case it could have been the internet itself that turned the console on or in the worst case scenario it could have been the internal power suply acting on to protect itself from a surge.
    It can have lots of explanations but the game being the cause i`m pretty sure it`s not.

+ Reply to Thread