+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bone saw

It is a community issue if there is a weapon we like that doesn't work. So your complaining about someone's complaining is irrelevant.

Bonesaw Bug

This shouldn't boil down to an argument between the "haves" and the "have nots". It's a simple matter of a game bug that we are asked to report. I do have a bonesaw, and I would like to see it fixed, but until it is, I don't use it. I admit, it is powerful, but aren't prototypes supposed to be? As one person said (and I agree with) it is balanced to some degree by the difficulty to hit things (that disk bounces off of everything) its slow projectile, and the small magazine ( I can miss with three of those disks in a heartbeat). Try shooting a skitterling that isn't running toward you and you'll see what I mean.
    The point is, if they are going to have it, it should count like every other weapon. It boggles my mind that someone can make a game, but they can't fix a bug. (Of course, Trion didn't make the game did they).
    I hope we can agree that all bugs should be fixed, regardless if it effects everyone or not.

the fix for the bone saw is coming soon. next month we hope

Prototypes being Powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Spud Knuckles View Post
    This shouldn't boil down to an argument between the "haves" and the "have nots". It's a simple matter of a game bug that we are asked to report. I do have a bonesaw, and I would like to see it fixed, but until it is, I don't use it. I admit, it is powerful, but aren't prototypes supposed to be? As one person said (and I agree with) it is balanced to some degree by the difficulty to hit things (that disk bounces off of everything) its slow projectile, and the small magazine ( I can miss with three of those disks in a heartbeat). Try shooting a skitterling that isn't running toward you and you'll see what I mean.
    The point is, if they are going to have it, it should count like every other weapon. It boggles my mind that someone can make a game, but they can't fix a bug. (Of course, Trion didn't make the game did they).
    I hope we can agree that all bugs should be fixed, regardless if it effects everyone or not.
    I was going to post this in another thread, but here might suffice (I suppose I could also type up a post there too...hmm).

With how the mob prototypes are as of right now, to put it simply...they are not that easy to get. In many games that I have played, there seems to be this..."idea" (probably not the right word to use, but I feel it works) that goes with it: the rarer an item is, the more powerful it is. In other words...power equals rarity. This article from TV Tropes discusses it in greater detail here, and even gives some good examples with it.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...erEqualsRarity

Now to relate the "idea" back to this game. The prototypes that drop from mobs are powerful weapons. I personally find them to be above legendary due to their capabilities, but with some stats I can see how they would be placed below them. As of right now, the effects that make these weapons Prototypes can have them all 1-shot something easily in the overworld (or in the case of Atomizer....kill a group of mobs with just touching one with a few bullets). I will place them in an Alphabetical order just to help sort them out easier.
    1. Atomizer
    2. Bonesaw
    3. Continuum
    4. Gore Auger
    5. Venom Spitter
    • Atomizer

Personally my favorite of the bunch since it is a submachine gun, Atomizer's effects allow a user to kill swarms of nearby enemies instantly with just the use of a few bullets. This is even more noticeable when you unlock the final perk of the weapon. I did not make the weapon, so I have little idea of everything that could be wrong with it. However, I believe the damage the Overload effect does could be bugged like how Bonesaw's damage is bugged. As it stands right now, Atomizer is one of the ways to get a High Score in Sieges, and I have personally heard few complain about this. After all, everyone gets more loot drops potentially on the ground, even if they do not get killing blows (or at least, that is what I am aware of the case to be). The downsides to a case like this would mean that people without Atomizer will potentially have a harder time completing pursuits, or getting a high enough score. I have personally not seen the score be that much of an issue, but I shall still keep the idea out there regardless.

Now, with the new systems to scoring and how salvage will work with events coming in a couple of weeks, I hate to say it because I truly love this weapon but... I believe something will end up happening to the Atomizer in the form of a nerf/fix. Why do I say this? If it already is so powerful it can wipe out a swarm of enemies in a mere few seconds...there is the possibility this will carry over to the new Arkfall changes. From what I have heard and read about it so far...if it functions similar to this....Arkforge (I might be wrong so I apologize, I just remember reading a name of something like that) system back in old Defiance, then it will be greatly beneficial to the person with Atomizer....and greatly harmful to the person without one. As an example, imagine a person of 3000 Power Rating with an Atomizer versus another person with 3000 Power Rating without an Atomizer. These two people meet up at the same Arkfalls several times. The person with the Atomizer is reaping in heaps of salvage, while the person without the Atomizer is losing out on a fair amount of salvage. Now imagine there are 10 people with an Atomizer, and 100 without (Obviously the numbers are way more than this. This is just a rough idea of what I feel like will end up happening.) Yeah....problems are going to arise. Note that I am not dissing on Atomizer, as I love this weapon. However, for it to not mess up many people's game, something may have to be done to Atomizer sometime around the place of the Arkfall changes.

• Bonesaw

Ah Bonesaw. Probably one of the most unfavorable weapons in Defiance 2050 right now. Not only does it grant zero score for the kill (unless you trigger its final perk), you also get no kill credit. This no score applies to events like Sieges and Arkfalls. Whether or not the loss of 1-2 cores for major arkfalls is that dreadful is another discussion, but as long as you at least participate in the final boss, you should be hopefully getting 1 regardless. Bonesaw usually prevents this from happening. Even worse, the bonesaw can glitch out an arkfall to the point of not being able to complete it. This is most noticeable with the Scrapper Progenitor final boss. When someone goes to shoot it with bonesaw as it is forming together, it will cause it to glitch out and not have everything fully spawn. At this point, usually only Mongrels will spawn, and the arkfall will remain there until it times out. Not a win for anybody. It can also kill Warmaster with ease, and from what I have seen, people have reported not being able to obtain loot due to this.

However, not all is bad with Bonesaw right now. When the Hellbug Hellion glitches into the air, Bonesaw is one of the few weapons that can kill it. Score may not be able to be obtained, but at least then the arkfall will finish, and everyone can get their salvage. Hopefully when the Bonesaw fix happens, this issue gets fixed as well.

• Continuum

1 of the 2 known Charge Snipers currently in the game. I will not go much into this 1, as last I recall the devs are very aware of the last perk of Continuum being glitched. However, as it stands right now, this Sniper can very well compete with Big Bang, and in some cases, greatly outmatch it. I would not call this a bad thing though, as I can see that it would be better for short DPS timeframes such as when fighting the Monolith. However, hopefully when the perk gets fixed, it will still be a viable option.

• Gore Auger

A weapon not nearly as hated as Bonesaw, but still pretty powerful to negatively affect other peoples' game. I have yet to obtain this weapon, but I believe it functions similar to Bonesaw with its shots. Instead of doing instant damage like Bonesaw though, it does damage-over-time. If someone is quick enough, it can get lots of kills without anyone being able to get hits in. I have seen this weapon give score, and I believe it can also give kill credit. Aside from being possibly 1 of the hardest prototypes to obtain and possibly 1 of the hardest weapons to hit with, the fact it can cause people to lose out on stuff is a good reason for it to get fixed. Hopefully it can still be viable in some situations since it is a prototype.

• Venom Spitter

A strong detonator with a perk that can 1 shot up to 3 enemies. Due to the cooldown of this ability though, I personally do not see a reason to change the damage of that. The arc of the weapon is something that may need changing, but that is another discussion. Other than that, there is not much to really talk about with the Venom Spitter.

Back to the original quote and introduction paragraph... if these prototypes are that rare, they should be strong. Otherwise, they are just collection pieces then and/or just used for their unique effects. However, I do not think they should completely overshadow other weapons. Legendary weapons are hard to obtain too, and should be at least somewhat viable in comparison to these prototypes. Mainly to the point where prototypes should not be 1-shotting event bosses. Also to where they are negatively affecting other people's experiences like in arkfalls for example. People should at least have an opportunity to be able to hit the boss and get some score. Hopefully people will be able to enjoy the open-world events more when they get fixed.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    [*]Gore Auger

A weapon not nearly as hated as Bonesaw, but still pretty powerful to negatively affect other peoples' game. I have yet to obtain this weapon, but I believe it functions similar to Bonesaw with its shots. Instead of doing instant damage like Bonesaw though, it does damage-over-time. If someone is quick enough, it can get lots of kills without anyone being able to get hits in. I have seen this weapon give score, and I believe it can also give kill credit. Aside from being possibly 1 of the hardest prototypes to obtain and possibly 1 of the hardest weapons to hit with, the fact it can cause people to lose out on stuff is a good reason for it to get fixed. Hopefully it can still be viable in some situations since it is a prototype.
    I do have Gore Auger and I've got it after about a week of killing an many 99ers wherever they were (the kill count is something like 10,000+)
    It does take some practice to get used with and it is a very good weapon but it has a few issues. It is most of the time a one shot kill (except bulwarks and siege volges which will soak a very good amount of shots - let's say 10 shots for bulwarks and maybe 50 shots for reinforced viscera) and it will kill instantly a monster with quite low HP because one tick is enough but if the HP is higher it will take a few ticks and in those extra seconds somebody else can kill it and get credit.
    One issue which will need to be adressed is: if a group of monster spawn one on top of others (hellbug sieges, and minigunners at Academy siege) if you get the first shot in (when they are fully stacked) the whole group will die when your shot lands in but if you wait 1 or 2 seconds more and the group starts to spread out, that won't be possible anymore. If something needs to be nerfed, that should be the thing and the damage tuned a little bit but not very much.
    About kill credit: you do get kill credit. You will get score as well but it won't advance Shotgun weapons at all.