+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lack of Rewards from Content

Is anyone else feeling like there is a lack of rewards from content? In coops, even T3s I feel a lot of times the chest gives me drops that are 10-20 PR below the base of what I currently have, conflicts don’t give you anything but a few scrip, and Ark Breaks are not even close to worth it, the Warmaster hasn’t even dropped anything better than a blue in the over 50 kills I have on him.
    I would say the only things that have worthy rewards would be arkfalls and challenges, 500 scrip for 2 minutes is nice, making a notable (and pretty much the only consistent) scrip farm, and arkfalls give decent rewards except the loot drops aren’t any good for anything but extra salvage. Competitive isn’t to bad either, but I feel we should get some salvage for it too, like even 3 pieces for losing 6 for wining would be nice.

What is yalls take?

Playing this game is very unrewarding. Especially if youve played 2013 recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sw Topher View Post
    Is anyone else feeling like there is a lack of rewards from content? In coops, even T3s I feel a lot of times the chest gives me drops that are 10-20 PR below the base of what I currently have, conflicts don’t give you anything but a few scrip, and Ark Breaks are not even close to worth it, the Warmaster hasn’t even dropped anything better than a blue in the over 50 kills I have on him.
    I would say the only things that have worthy rewards would be arkfalls and challenges, 500 scrip for 2 minutes is nice, making a notable (and pretty much the only consistent) scrip farm, and arkfalls give decent rewards except the loot drops aren’t any good for anything but extra salvage. Competitive isn’t to bad either, but I feel we should get some salvage for it too, like even 3 pieces for losing 6 for wining would be nice.

What is yalls take?
    My take on the rewards from content especially the co-ops should at least be better than your previous. I feel like it’s way to grindy right now for progression. I just now hit the 2k mark and did a few tier 2 maps but almost got no upgrades even from the chests. I can understand the grind but it shouldn’t be as ridiculous as it is.

13 would reward players with the occasional outfit for doing story. Not only does that not happen in 50, but you can't even buy the story outfits from the store.

they can keep their outfits. I dont consider that a reward. Also you get outfits for doing pursuits and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyblades View Post
    13 would reward players with the occasional outfit for doing story. Not only does that not happen in 50, but you can't even buy the story outfits from the store.
    Not true... I unlocked an outfit through completing one of the Madera story missions last night.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Before we announce the winners please consider that due to no clear information, we couldn’t determine the winners."
    Imagine thinking a recycled event is more important than server performance in 2021.

Yes , rewards seem very dull. Weapons are too few, mostly dull and not very effective. I dont care what kind of shield i use because they are all terrible. Vendors all seem to sell the same sorta stuff. The game real feels intentionally held back. It feels like the only reason to play it to save up for new classes. So many goals are such a long grind, or contracts broken ,unobtainable, I just dont care. Defiance 2050, better do your chores, feeling less and less like a game. Oh yea and all the cheating/ hacking. I think the only reason i keep playing is because i paid for headstart so i feel i need to get what i paid for. Doesnt trion understand people spend on what they enjoy, frustration and boredom leads to finding something else to do. Def 2013 has so much flavor and variety , so many ways to play. 2050 feels much more narrow, less creative, more repedative.
    IGN - David Irwin * PSN - cruxkilla *

Well technically 2050 feels like 2013 in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by David Irwin View Post
    I think the only reason I keep playing is because i paid for head start so I feel I need to get what I paid for.
    I know these feels.

Sadly, boredom sets in too quickly when it comes to this Defiance reboot.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Before we announce the winners please consider that due to no clear information, we couldn’t determine the winners."
    Imagine thinking a recycled event is more important than server performance in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Sw Topher View Post

What is yalls take?
    This is typical TRION. I fully agree, just like I said on the other post regarding the Daily & Weekly Contracts, viz., once TRION/Defiance went F2P they have been very cheep & in my opinion greedy!! This happened on the original Defiance (I played for over three (3) years only to leave because of TRION's BS.) and in my opinion they continued the practice here. They want to make it very very difficult to climb the Power Level Ladder unless you PAY for the Packages and new content as it arrives. I put a lot of cash into the original--I WON'T be doing that here!!

And if you want to know the worst of it--this 2050 version seems to be nothing more than a re-mastered FUBAR mess--the same Bugs that were in the original still persist in this version, e.g., getting one shot killed by an Electric Archer in the Arena's, or the Arkfall Finally where the Hellbug Pod floats in the air occasionally, or the game has so much Lag that you can't even get anything done or you get killed from a hit you did not even see coming. Well--you get the idea. The only good I've seen is the new Hellbug Swarms at North Point & Kinship, & the Mutant Swarm at the Academy.

V/R