+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    D2050 is basically an inbred baby of D13 and Destiny with much less support. Remember, they did a layoff right after the release of D13 and just by coincidence D2050. Per Brasse that DID NOT AFFECT D13/D2050 at all and Trion told everyone to hang tight because there’s major things on the horizon. Here’s a list of the things I thought they were talking about.

1. Lebron to the Lakers (long shot but even Trions rng has to get it right every other leap year)
    2. Ovechkin finally winning a Stanley Cup (same premise as the first)
    3. Rosie O’Donnell finally becomes a man who now goes by Ross
    4. The return of the McRib

I find it absolutely hilarious that new players are already burned out with the issues (like a month in or something?) and that the DCs and crashes followed suite to current gen consoles. What I don’t understand is how anyone that played D13 for as long as I did would actually download what I’ve termed Casey Anthony’s second baby and expect different results. Loyalty is meant for something where both parties prosper not for cash grabs.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed catching up with old friends on ps4 and the party chats bring back fond memories. So for that Trion, I thank you. Thank you for finally giving people a reason to leave D13 behind and for providing an outlet for all to see how terrible D2050 is in comparison to all the other f2p games.

Food for thought: if you’re unhappy with D2050 now imagine what it’ll look like in a year. Google before and after **** pictures if you need the visual.

kon

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbath82 View Post
    Sad isn't it....smdh. Trion is this huge company yet can't spare the change for stable servers or programmers that can fix a lil "back-end" issue with the store.
    I'll say only this: business decisions have an impact on technical issues.

Let's not forget phasing enemies or the fact everyone appears as "Scuba Steve" unless inspected. Or make war master guns supreme-able. This list could go on for hours. Sure I play still put a ton of cash into D13. I can tell you one thing for sure if...IF 2050 survives it won't be on my dime. I'm through supporting a game that doesn't get invested in by its own devs. All the things we have been asking for over the period of several year have yet to be addressed. Stability being one of the major items and to date they scratch their heads and go "Critical error? Oh no everything is working as intended. There are no critical errors on our end it must be your fault." Yeah chant and cheer for 2050 I think you nailed it "History will repeat itself".
    You have a car that makes your deliveries. These deliveiries grant you money. The more you spend with the car, less money in your pocket.

The car is OLDefiance and the Deliveries (the real money) is the BitStore. As long as we all ride the OLDefiane Car to the BitStore, there's no need to upgrade the car.

Let's not make the same mistake in 2050, and always demand a better car for the ride.

Look, Mom!

At the end of the day D50 is a loot shooter without any loot where the end game is the equivalent of pushing a boulder up the side of a mountain. Some people may enjoy logging in every day to get their 2 co-ops in with the hope of pushing that boulder a little further up the mountain but I don't think most people will. Without mass appeal there won't be enough revenue being generated to justify increasing development resources which means new content on the same size and scale that are released for Neverwinter and Warframe are not going to be possible. Instead the best that can be expected is the continued incremental release of D13 content and possibly some new anemic/limited/buggy content similar to Season 4.

For the game to succeed it needs a large and engaged player base and it's pretty obvious that is not the case right now. In my opinion it has 1 chance to right the ship by the end of year and that is with the vague roadmap that was released but given the track record this game has it's not very likely.

With loot dropping anywhere in the siege and disappearing after siege is completed, but before you have chance to pick it up, sometime before your eyes, yee sure huge success. I never played game such broken as D50.

I have to respectfully disagree with the OP. 2050 is WAY worse. It's D13 without anything I found remotely fun about the first one. This is eerily reminiscent of The Culling/The Culling 2 without the complete mea culpa by the devs. 2050, in my opinion, will not come anywhere close to even a modest interpretation of success. And from what I can tell, can already be deemed a complete failure and utter waste of time, money and resources. How anyone at Trion thought any of this was a good idea is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nick145 View Post
    I love the guy slinger weapons for some unknown reason... I may have a problem

SanCarioca since receiving a ban, the tone of your posts has got 100% more positive!

Still I agree with you on this one, I think D50 will do alright in the long run and the work they've done on server stability is starting to pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunch View Post
    SanCarioca since receiving a ban, the tone of your posts has got 100% more positive!
    Ahahahahah you'll make them ban everyone with this kind of thinking.

But seriously, I'm never optimistic or pessimistic. I try to be a realist. It is true 2050 is at a bad state now, but it's also true there's no reason for it not to improve in the coming months.

The only things that can truly hurt them, in the long run, is the flawed PR system (which sets in boredom too quickly) and their lack of communication with the community. First can be solved with great loot, the second, they really need to make an effort there.

Still I agree with you on this one, I think D50 will do alright in the long run and the work they've done on server stability is starting to pay off.
    Yes. To summarize the previous criticisms in this thread, 2050 is being launched with the least content possible, and we're all Trion's beta-testers, now. As soon as the game gets some stability definitely locked in, they can start advertising it en masse (has anyone noticed 2050 had ZERO marketing campaigns? Beyond streamers, you won't see 2050 being pushed anywhere, but Trion's own channels). Which will bring even more players in. And work on content, loot, and communications. There's really no reason to not do all of that, so, as I've said, for this game not to succeed, Trion has to actively work towards failing it. It hasn't been unheard of, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Greybush View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with the OP. 2050 is WAY worse. It's D13 without anything I found remotely fun about the first one.
    I respect your point, of course. My assessment was only an opinion, what you think about the game is also valid.

This is eerily reminiscent of The Culling/The Culling 2 without the complete mea culpa by the devs. 2050
    I tried to post about this case in the forums.

Tried. :-/

People should search Kotaku about what happened to The Culling 2.

in my opinion, will not come anywhere close to even a modest interpretation of success. And from what I can tell, can already be deemed a complete failure and utter waste of time, money and resources. How anyone at Trion thought any of this was a good idea is beyond me.
    Let's wait and see. We're not going anywhere, anyway.

While I agree, that currently D50 receives a lot of negative reviews and opinions. I think one the thing that everyone agrees on the most, is that the lack of communication we're experiencing is the main problem. Sure, there are bugs and such in the game we want them to fix, and it's frustrating that they haven't been fixed. But, that just compounds the frustration experienced in the lack of communication. We really have no idea what's going on, and we have just the barest of information to work with. Which leads to a lot of supposition and disappointment. We, the players, or the Beast, are calm when we know what's going on. We we don't and we're forced to guess and try and predict, well we rear our ugly heads and rage. This is true of any game, it's just the nature of the Beast known as the players.

The main thing I see that gives D50 the largest chance of success is the player base. We have a fairly stable core for it, you can see that just looking at the forums and reddit. But we also have, what a lot of other games lack, a good bit of mixed players. as I explained to a friend via Discord, there are three types of players. Those being:

The Meta player, these are your min/maxers of the game. While not a bad thing, it does have a penchant for leading to the elitist attitude of "It's my way, or no way." A normal part of any game.

The Mixed player, those that are the middle ground players. They're part Meta and part just playing the game. Usually the go-to's for information and help. usually the one more focused on the games balance.

The Regular player, those the just play the game, often referred to as casuals. They just play the game, generally learning the systems over a long period of time via playing and interacting with others.

The player base we have here, is balanced a bit differently that most any other game I've played. We're short on the Meta players, since there is no true Meta for D50. This is a blessing in disguise. Since there is no true meta, it just leaves us with the min/max side of it, where one loadout can be just as viable as any other. Thus, we're short on the toxic attitude that a lot of Meta players bring to the community.
    We have an abundance of mixed players. Sure, they're currently frustrated at how things are going, and some of the games balancing. But they're still here and still willing to help. Which they do in their own ways, be it offering advice in game, writing a guide on the forums or reddit, or even helping someone complete a mission. This is the core of the community. a bit unstable at the moment, but still strong.
    We also have an abundance of Regular players, or casuals. They're here to just play the game. While still a big part of the community, their population is always going to rise and fall. Some will progress in to being Mixed players, some will seek out a Meta to use. But, in general, this type of player will always be there asking for advice or help in some way.

The main thing here is that we, the players, are frustrated. The developers are working on what they need to, we just don't have enough information to work with. That's due to the lack of communication. Add to this, as the players, we want to see content and fixes more often. But, such things take time. The main thing we're facing currently, and that a lot of people are forgetting, is that D50 is still in the launch phase of release. We're two months into it. The inevitable time in the first three to six months of release, where we want things, like bug fixes, but fail to give the developers time to actually fix it.

Now I'm not white knighting or Trion here. As I said, the lack of communication hurt. For instance, not warning us that things we're going to slow down a bit, due to Gamescon, PaxWest, and the remodel of the building. Had they told us that, most of us would have likely said, "Hey, sure, that's understandable." But, they didn't, hence the frustration over it. However, one does have to give them credit about one thing there. Everyone was going to be out of the build, for the most part, for Gamescon and PaxWest, thus allowing them to get the remodel done, without actually affecting people's work. August was a painfully quiet month due to those three things. But, it's over now, they're back in the building, and not being slowed down or interrupted by the building be remodeled, since it was done while they were already out of the office. That, my friends, is well planned, we just didn't know about it until after the fact.

We the community will decide how successful D50 is, and right now, while we're asking for bug fixes and all. What we're really want is just more communication. Like a list of known issues tacked on to the end of an announcement of how things are going. This is especially true patch notes. So, that we, the players, can look at the patch notes and reference what was fixed with known issues. This is a major thing we need, since right now, we have no idea what issues the developers actually know of. Which means we keep reporting bugs, and issues, repeatedly and slowing down the process with an overabundance of said reports.

All I can say to to Trion is this, "Remember one thing Trion. I am the player, I am the consumer. I have the power to make or break you. You do not have any power over me at all. Your paychecks are in my hands. Just as it is in the hands of every other player."

To all my fellow players. Good job sticking it out so far, and remember you have the power as the consumer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjvp...7T-yalqYx8yBwQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast