+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Volge weapons are lame and boring

Am i the only one who never cared for them?

Id much rather see other guns and things removed return from d13... -_-

I must say hib syn varients were ok at best, but lol @ all others in d13

There are a number of great Volge weapons in D13:
    • Lightning Rifle/Plasma Bolter: Chargeable sniper rifle, great sniper for PvP
    • Typhoon X AR/Plasma Burst Rfile: Simply the best AR for PvE
    • Plasma Battery: The best LMG (PvE)
    • Mass Blaster: The best PvP weapon (need balancing)
    • Plasma Blaster: The best semi auto pistol

All of them, besides the Mass Blaster, are cold fire weapons which means that they shoot explosive rounds. Not to mention that they look cool!

I'm miss my rifle

I miss my typhoon and plasma battery.
    In Game - Elastikspastik
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Red Thugs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    I miss my typhoon and plasma battery.
    Same here miss both my Typhoon and Lightning Rifle
    PC-EU

PS4-EU

id like to see semi auto pistol come back. my ps3 would crash all the time when i used my prancer on d13. it was too powerful for its generation lol

ign(d13)iamsteezy(d50)gosha poptarts
    clan(d13)defiance terminators(d50)terminators
    psn:aaron_steezy

Quote Originally Posted by IAM STEEZY View Post
    id like to see semi auto pistol come back. my ps3 would crash all the time when i used my prancer on d13. it was too powerful for its generation lol
    That gun hurt my soul in D13 PVP...

I like(d) all the Hibernal Barrage weapons (which were mostly based on Volge technology). They seemed better than the standard Volge ones ... for example, Dasher (based on the Volge Recon Assault Rifle LMG) is faster and a lot more effective than the Volge Recon LMGs.

https://www.defiancedata.com/page=11...e-supply-crate

Vixen (Typhoon-X AR) is a favourite of mine and Dancer (VOT Volge Lightning Rifle) was a long sought after weapon (I think they cool).

Comet was my favourite detonator (I use Scourge Thrower now, because I like the nano combo) and I still use Donner as a main weapon. But those two weapons don't have the same "look" and don't seem very Volgey. Prancer (VOT Volge Thunderer Pistol) is powerful but I prefer automatic weapons.

Hmm ... sad that after all this time ... I never actually got Dasher and Prancer myself (I thought Py might have them one day). Sigh ... I remember when some of us thought they were going to add Hibernal Barrage (jackpot?) weapons to the Warmaster drops. I'm sure Rarnok mentioned adding HB weapons to the WM many months ago, in a livestream.

Well ... at least with Ex Inanis ... these weapon types are in the pool table ... so we can have a "Perfected" versions of them (even if they won't necessarily be the HB synergy).

Quote Originally Posted by Hit the Deck View Post
    There are a number of great Volge weapons in D13:
    • Mass Blaster: The best PvP weapon (need balancing)
    ...All of them, besides the Mass Blaster, are cold fire weapons which means that they shoot explosive rounds.
    I'm not sure the "Mass Blaster" counts as a Volge weapon; mainly because it is not cold fire, and it doesn't shoot explosive rounds . The 3D model is the same as the VOT Volge Thunderer Pistol, but it shoots more like modified VOT Blaster (but with an even higher DPS as each round splits into 3). At least ... I never thought it was a Volge weapon ... Mass Blasters seemed to appear with Event Horizon, in the form of Planck.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    I'm not sure the "Mass Blaster" counts as a Volge weapon; mainly because it is not cold fire, and it doesn't shoot explosive rounds . The 3D model is the same as the VOT Volge Thunderer Pistol, but it shoots more like modified VOT Blaster (but with an even higher DPS as each round splits into 3). At least ... I never thought it was a Volge weapon ... Mass Blasters seemed to appear with Event Horizon, in the form of Planck.
    Yeah, you may be right that MB isn't a Volge weapon.

Regarding the topic, I don't think that the majority of us consider Volge weapons boring. On the contrary, they are unique (because of cold fire) and we need more weapon variety in the game! Trion should be careful in bringing them though because explosive rounds weapons are very effective and desirable in D13.

PS: Make sure to ask the devs about Volge weapons in today's stream!