+ Reply to Thread

Returning Player

First off, I have 5000 valor to spend. Is it worth buying cosmetics or should I buy the inventory/loadout add-ons?

Secondly, I randomly pulled a Gore Auger while driving around a Major Arkfall. The gun is good and does a fair amount of damage...if you can hit your target. It is extremely difficult to aim, and only has a single bullet, slow reload time, and slow bullet speed. Beyond that, the bullets seem to have a bit of bloom, if that's the right term. After firing, I feel like the bullets don't always go straight where you fired, especially when moving. Some fixes to make the gun more bearable to use would be adding more ammo, faster reload speed, a scope, a shotgun spread instead with a similar idea to the single drill, or increased melee damage.

Thirdly, Defiance 2050 feels... empty. Last I heard they weren't porting Defiance to newer generation consoles. After killing two PS3s by playing the game, I jumped ship. I recently found out the game has been available since July and I got really excited. When actually playing the game, I was confused on why they removed a ton of stuff and changed everything. Drops seem worse, features are removed, and the enemy difficulty scaling is just dumb imo. OG Defiance was nice because anyone could jump in on that Major Arkfall that just spawned and it would be an experience not necessarily filled with dying for everyone. The new power level thing or whatever, with the enemies and your own weapons certainly feel more MMO, but not really the same as Defiance. My thoughts on this game are honestly wait a few months or even a year and then come back, because it lacks a lot of stuff right now. Rip trading ;-;

So do you want our advice on your questions/concerns now or in a few months ?
    < Brown Coats > PC NA - Floross.

This is why i have taken a back step on defiance 2050..... 60k kills sitting at 3600pr and no prototype drop and you get one from driving around a ark?

Buy the inventory slots. Despite what the devs say, inventory is just as important as in old defiance. The cap is 200. You can play with two loadout slots easier than 40 inventory slots.
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

Use the Valor Points to buy a vehicle. I believe the valor vehicles have the same speed as purchased vehicles. It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in playing Defiance 2050. The vehicle they give you (and the ones earned through missions) are half the speed of purchased vehicles and slows the pace of the game and advancement tremendously. To me, that's the single most important thing you can buy in Defiance 2050. After about 30 minutes of playing 2050, I went to all the vehicle vendor locations from OG Defiance, cussed, then cashed in some gift cards to buy the class pack that gives you a quad as a bonus and it really did change the game dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by ttoomm View Post
    This is why i have taken a back step on defiance 2050..... 60k kills sitting at 3600pr and no prototype drop and you get one from driving around a ark?
    RNG is not forgiving. I'd give it to you but, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Falconeer999 View Post
    Use the Valor Points to buy a vehicle. I believe the valor vehicles have the same speed as purchased vehicles. It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in playing Defiance 2050. The vehicle they give you (and the ones earned through missions) are half the speed of purchased vehicles and slows the pace of the game and advancement tremendously. To me, that's the single most important thing you can buy in Defiance 2050. After about 30 minutes of playing 2050, I went to all the vehicle vendor locations from OG Defiance, cussed, then cashed in some gift cards to buy the class pack that gives you a quad as a bonus and it really did change the game dramatically.
    I bought a ton of stuff in OG Defiance, so I already have good vehicles. I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase the inventory slots, because as said above, they won't hurt to have. I'm honestly all set with my Halo + Cyberclaus Armor Combo as far as cosmetics go.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    So do you want our advice on your questions/concerns now or in a few months ?
    Up to you, do you honestly feel the game has enough content to justify sticking around now?

That one is always a personal choice.
    < Brown Coats > PC NA - Floross.