+ Reply to Thread

Please Bring Back Charge Blades as Lootable Weapons

Being the honorable Castithan i am, i waited patiently to earn my first charge blade.
    Long i struggled and laboured to earn the respect of my peers.

What did my effort bring me? nothing but the taste of ASH in my mouth!

This Defiance 2050 class-based charge blade is a grave insult to every Castithans right to wield a blade and stand against those who would slur his or her good name!!

To whoever has perpetrated this injustice against my people i say this:
    "Give me my blade"...

I like your style and if it were up to me you'd have your charge blade. Alas, those that run the show have no plans in mind to restore your honor.
    < Brown Coats > PC NA - Floross.

the charge blade was the only reason for some players to do certain content in DF13 . so please bring it back as a non class weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Wok View Post
    "Give me my blade"...
    Don't go holding your breath... it could prove to be fatal.
    PS4 NA - Pine Tarr - Castithan - <Shanje Liro> - EGO: 50

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    I like your style and if it were up to me you'd have your charge blade. Alas, those that run the show have no plans in mind to restore your honor.
    Once again the ruling liros piss on those beneath them and display nothing but contempt for the rest of us.
    Someday a reckoning will arrive and i for one pray that day... is soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    Don't go holding your breath... it could prove to be fatal.
    There are so many of us Shan-je and so few of you.. i wonder, do you ever find that.. concerning?

There are so many of us Shan-je and so few of you.. i wonder, do you ever find that.. concerning?
    Translation, please?
    PS4 NA - Pine Tarr - Castithan - <Shanje Liro> - EGO: 50

Being the honorable Castithan i am, i waited patiently to earn my first charge blade.
    "Give me my blade"...
    Lootdrops of blades or other melee weapons?

This will never ever happen! Why? The Blade and all melee weapons are now one special skill of the assassin class.

The same for mass cannon! The mass cannon will never ever be in 2050. Why? The mass cannon effect (one single missile spread in multipe grenades and explodes) is now a skill of the demolitionist class. (The purgatory will never be in 2050 because of the same demolitionist class skill.)

We have the medic class now, so never ever we get a BMG for 2050...

They destory more fun, to bring stuff in the game to get more money.... classes....

In old defiance, we can use every perk we want... here you have to use classes... the freedom of a great game idea, sacrificed to get more money...

Thats ok, they hope to get more money with a "new" product, maybe they win.

But we, the customers loose a great game and years of fun.

But how the hell, they will get more money, with these new contracts? Only a few player like it, the rest of us hate it. So i don't think trion get more money with the rampages, hotshots and time trial contracts. Why they don't remove theses contracts and bring the old contracts from original defiance to 2050? They will hold back more than one customer, from deinstalling 2050. Why they don't do it? I don't understand this.
    No fun for us = no money for ..... That's it!

If i do not get my inventory / loadouts / charslots transferred from original Defiance to Defiance 2050, i will never ever buy something, again.
    (I bought in shop extra inventory slots, deluxe edition, standard edition, all dlc and more. For 5 accounts! I did spend over 500 Euro for Defiance and a lot more for Archage.)

I love Defiance (the original game).

ok heres the thing about classes. i like classes. i like the fact that there is different roles and abilities only certain classes can use so you can play diverse roles within a team but i dont switch classes... i have leveled the class i want to use and thats what i use.

taking away something fun like melee weapons out of the game and making it class based is not the right choice here.

A class based charge blade is not the way to get me to play the assassin class(or the game). i dont want to be an assassin. i am quite happy with the class i am playing(assault) and since i have a class and role i enjoy i dont want to switch.

The fact the assault class does not have access to close quarter combat melee weapons is in itself counter intuitive.. this is the class that is going to be rushing up close to the enemy and taking point, obviously they have a use for melee-range weapons since thats where the class plays: at melee range

as an absolute BARE minimum they need to introduce cosmetic options for your melee strike even if it stays at base damage and range, the current class based system does not inspire me to play the game more and collect new and better melee weapons. All of the loot goals i had in mind for once i had hit level 50 have now been rendered moot... i got an orange weapon and the kills i get with it dont count (bonesaw) i think ok, i will try to get my charge blade which i had been looking for everywhere and figured was a level 50 thing... nope. its been removed from the game and you can only use one if you are an assassin.

thorn liro arenas are group bugged?, alcatraz and silicon valley still arnt ready for release? orange weapon i get doesnt even work. what exactly are the goals for level 50 people? what do they think people are logging in to do? the same couple of arkfalls or the first 2 instances which are the only ones that seem to pop in quickmatch????

farming reputation? does more stuff appear at the various rep vendors or is what you see all they have for sale?