+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    Best way to test is using a weapon with 0 recoil. But not sure there is any. Without testing with 0 recoil it is hard to compare.
    It's not really recoil - that just determines where the reticle will be immediately after your shot (likewise recoil recovery determines how quickly your reticle returns to where it was before the shot). It's bloom - the higher the bloom, the more it will shoot around the center of the reticle (and thus altering the angle coming out of the barrel). So, this could be part of the issue as to why a shot doesn't match up with the gun position - the bloom rating makes it go slightly different than the barrel of the gun is pointed.

Honestly, I don't even look at my character much - I'm always watching the reticle. I guess I kind of treat it like a FPS in my mind. The only time I look at my character/gun position is when I've been hit by an electrical shot and lose the HUD for a couple seconds - and then it is pretty obvious that things don't match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconeer999 View Post
    It's not really recoil - that just determines where the reticle will be immediately after your shot (likewise recoil recovery determines how quickly your reticle returns to where it was before the shot). It's bloom - the higher the bloom, the more it will shoot around the center of the reticle (and thus altering the angle coming out of the barrel). So, this could be part of the issue as to why a shot doesn't match up with the gun position - the bloom rating makes it go slightly different than the barrel of the gun is pointed.

Honestly, I don't even look at my character much - I'm always watching the reticle. I guess I kind of treat it like a FPS in my mind. The only time I look at my character/gun position is when I've been hit by an electrical shot and lose the HUD for a couple seconds - and then it is pretty obvious that things don't match up.
    Totally forgot about bloom too. Yeah i dont look at my char when shooting so dont even notice it being off if it is.
    In Game - Elastikspastik
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Red Thugs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    Best way to test is using a weapon with 0 recoil. But not sure there is any.
    Assault's Close Combat removes recoil from any weapon while it's active.