+ Reply to Thread

Do damage types stack?

I have a weapon with fire damage and a mod that adds radiation. If i attach the mod will i have both damage types. If they don't stack which damage type would i end up with?

Radiation damage will overwrite the Fire damage because of the mod, if I'm not mistaken.

You will not have both damage types on the same weapon.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

Kinda figured since i have never seen anyone reference a build with 2 types. Are mods that add damage type rare? Seems this is first one ive seen in my whole 10 days playing.

Thanks for the help.

Imo not any rarer than other mods.

I see. That's a converter mag. It changes the nano completely to what is present on the mag. No ones referenced a multi nano weapon.....shame on them. Flames of passion and cleansing napalm both add additional nano effects. Epidemic and parasitic impetus add shrill effects as well as the natural nano on the gun. Any of those plus an electrocutioner rig create devastating nano effect combos.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJack View Post
    Kinda figured since i have never seen anyone reference a build with 2 types. Are mods that add damage type rare? Seems this is first one ive seen in my whole 10 days playing.

Thanks for the help.
    Converter mags are 'pretty' rare in my experience. With so many synergies available in the original game (I assume that is what we are talking about, given the sub-forum) ... there are so many potential drops. I have only seen a few since Ex Inanis launched, hence I still hold on to some blue converter mags from before July 2017.

And yes, as Bloodbath82 said, there are ways of having multiple nano effects. A Cleansing Napalm jackpot with the default radiation nano (for example) ... when fully modded, will also have fire and bio effects ... like having 3 nanos from one weapon.

As Kevin said, Nano effects cannot stack on a weapon by simply adding a converter mag ... if you add a fire mag to a syphon weapon, it just becomes a fire weapon.
    But, in combat, the nano effects can stack on an enemy ... like with the Cleansing Napalm synergy, by quickly switching between different nano weapons, or from multiple players using different nanos.

More info on the Nano effects: https://www.defiancedata.com/page=15/nano-effects

Thanks for the additional input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Converter mags are 'pretty' rare in my experience. With so many synergies available in the original game (I assume that is what we are talking about, given the sub-forum) ... there are so many potential drops. I have only seen a few since Ex Inanis launched, hence I still hold on to some blue converter mags from before July 2017.

And yes, as Bloodbath82 said, there are ways of having multiple nano effects. A Cleansing Napalm jackpot with the default radiation nano (for example) ... when fully modded, will also have fire and bio effects ... like having 3 nanos from one weapon.

As Kevin said, Nano effects cannot stack on a weapon by simply adding a converter mag ... if you add a fire mag to a syphon weapon, it just becomes a fire weapon.
    But, in combat, the nano effects can stack on an enemy ... like with the Cleansing Napalm synergy, by quickly switching between different nano weapons, or from multiple players using different nanos.

More info on the Nano effects: https://www.defiancedata.com/page=15/nano-effects
    If i am reading this right nano effects can stack just not from the same weapon unless 1 of them is a synergy effect. Yes?

With less than 2 weeks under my belt I think i have a decent grasp on mods and I am just now "starting" to understand the synergy system.

Loving the game so far, wish i had found it sooner.

Be sure to pay attention to the T4 roll. If it's durability dmg and the nano on the weapon is syphon convert it to bio. Health dmg is more incendiary based but also works well with syphon, radiation and syphon. If it's armour penetration you want v radiation nano. If it's shield dmg then electric or syphon. Unless you own a Munition Amp keystone you probably always want shield dmg for the T4.