+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

E-Rep Retribution Assualt Rifle

the current setup for the E-Rep Retribution AR has it functioning more like a severely underpowered repeater sniper rifle instead of as a assault rifle .

suggestion to address :: make the weapon either full auto or burst fire , remove the scope , increase magazine to 40 rounds .

doing this would make it feel like an assault rifle instead of an underpowered repeater sniper rifle

Not all assault rifles are full auto or burst and many modern ones come with scopes

Quote Originally Posted by Moskyrath View Post
    Not all assault rifles are full auto or burst and many modern ones come with scopes
    Should I understand that you like it the way it is??

simply stating a fact and yes i do like it the way it is works well on all my classes i also have always loved semi auto guns lets me kill things fast and not waste ammo. Why shoot 30 rounds when 4 kill them? Yea full auto and burst are fun and effective but use a lot of ammo.

And why press the fire button 500 times to kill a boss when you can press it 10 times?
    Personally I prefer full automatic, that way I can control it as I see fit. Otherwise I am better using one of those sniper rifles with big clip, the damage is much bigger per shot.

name an actual assault rifle that is single shot only (here is a clue the AR15 from colt is not an actual assault rifle , it is styled after the M16 which is an actual assault rifle)

the only ones putting scopes on actual assault rifles are using them as underpowered snipers

the case of scopes on rifles styled like an assault rifle is high powered hunting rifles which are the precursor to sniper rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer Deathsmane View Post
    name an actual assault rifle that is single shot only (here is a clue the AR15 from colt is not an actual assault rifle , it is styled after the M16 which is an actual assault rifle)

the only ones putting scopes on actual assault rifles are using them as underpowered snipers

the case of scopes on rifles styled like an assault rifle is high powered hunting rifles which are the precursor to sniper rifles
    Name an actual weapon like the Venom Spitter.

if you really want to get into the crazy details of rather or not its an assault rifle then all the assault rifles you guys use all the times are not true assault rifles because by strict definition an assault rifle must be able to
    1 be capable of selectable fire
    2 must intermediate cartridge more powerful than pistol rounds but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle
    3 ammo must be provided by a detachable box mag
    4 must have an effective range of 300 metres

So right off the bat none of the so called assault rifles in this game are actual assault rifles because they don't have select fire they come in one fire mode but cant switch to another
    Also the games pistols are able to do more damage than the assault rifles so there goes another requirement that makes the games so called assault rifles not actual assault rifle now if all assault did more damage than all pistols in the game even by the slightest it would be fine but theres pistols that are not magnums doing more damage than assault rifles

Also if you want a full auto gun than use one they made the retribution different than all others by making it specifically for headshots so of course its gonna be scoped and semi auto. if you dont like it than dont use it that simple

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    Name an actual weapon like the Venom Spitter.
    any grenade launcher that is loaded with a chemical based grenade , these grenades come in many varieties including poison ,acid , and thermal types and most of them are illegal according to international law for use in any battlefield .

if you really want to get into the crazy details of rather or not its an assault rifle then all the assault rifles you guys use all the times are not true assault rifles because by strict definition an assault rifle must be able to
    1 be capable of selectable fire
    2 must intermediate cartridge more powerful than pistol rounds but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle
    3 ammo must be provided by a detachable box mag
    4 must have an effective range of 300 metres

So right off the bat none of the so called assault rifles in this game are actual assault rifles because they don't have select fire they come in one fire mode but cant switch to another
    Also the games pistols are able to do more damage than the assault rifles so there goes another requirement that makes the games so called assault rifles not actual assault rifle now if all assault did more damage than all pistols in the game even by the slightest it would be fine but theres pistols that are not magnums doing more damage than assault rifles

Also if you want a full auto gun than use one they made the retribution different than all others by making it specifically for headshots so of course its gonna be scoped and semi auto. if you dont like it than dont use it that simple
    your first point shows that your original statement was in error and you forget one other facet of an assault rifle it is shorter then a standard rifle .

most pistols in the real world are deadlier then any rifle at ranges less then 10 meters

if you are shot with a pistol at less then 10 meters your chances of dying are higher then if you where shot by a rifle or assault rifle . the rifle rounds are likely to pass right through you at that close a range leaving an ugly looking wound but less damage then the pistol round would do to your insides . this conversasion is one that can very interesting if a bit grim so we should let that drop .

as for not using the e-rep prototype I would if there was another AR prototype in the game but there is not . The best solution to this would be to give all AR's a selectable fire mode that can be switched from Semi-auto to burst or to full auto but that would be to hard for the developers to code into the game properly .