+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lol, I couldn’t help but laugh at your comment about a pistol being more deadly at 10 yards. I’d be interested in knowing where you get your information. A .357 magnum for example has around 550 ft lbs. of energy at the muzzle, whereas a very common rifle caliber such as a .308 has roughly 2700 ft lbs of energy. Anyone that is at all familiar with firearms would tell you the .308 is much deadlier.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAwesome78 View Post
    Lol, I couldn’t help but laugh at your comment about a pistol being more deadly at 10 yards. I’d be interested in knowing where you get your information. A .357 magnum for example has around 550 ft lbs. of energy at the muzzle, whereas a very common rifle caliber such as a .308 has roughly 2700 ft lbs of energy. Anyone that is at all familiar with firearms would tell you the .308 is much deadlier.
    considering that at that range the .308 would pass though the body doing minimal damage as compared to the .357 entering the body and then doing some tumbling around before stopping while still in the body . The pistol round would do more damage and is more likely to be fatal your are only looking at the force of the round and not at what it does on impact or after impact . if the round over penetrates then it will do less damage then one that tumbles after penetrating the body .

This is not a bug and shouldn't be discussed on this thread, it should be on the discussion thread.
    Also prototypes are not intended to be the best weapons in the game, there are plenty of other Ar's that put out much higher dps, due to changeable rolls and the fact you can add mods. Prototypes are intended to be unique weapons with set rolls, which is exactly what it is, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's broken or that it should be changed.
    Defiance: 6K Xbox 360 Eu
    Defiance 2050: Ego 50,
    4200Pr Xbox one Eu
    Clan: < Seventiq >
    Just trying to help the community
    -Azur

hes probably just gonna say that they need to change it since its the only ar prototype ingame despite what everyone else says he already said it after i said that if he doesnt like it use another ar and is more than likely to say it again wanting others to change stuff for him instead of simply changing the gun he uses. More and more people are sadly getting like this for this game

Also it doesnt matter if the bullet passes through or not getting shot no matter how powerful the gun is gonna screw you over. And if a bullet goes through you its gonna hit more internal organs than a bullet that is from a weaker gun that stops inside. Its like yea the bullet went into his lung and is stuck inside vs the bullet went straight through his body hitting his lung and spinal cord. Youd rather have it stay instead of it going straight through. And no theres is no spot on the human body you can shoot and not have it severly damage the person no matter where you get shot its gonna really screw you over only thing that changes is how badly youre screwed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer Deathsmane View Post
    any grenade launcher that is loaded with a chemical based grenade , these grenades come in many varieties including poison ,acid , and thermal types and most of them are illegal according to international law for use in any battlefield .
    From Defiance Data:

Venom Spitter - The result of grafting a genetically modified hellbug venom gland to a detonator. Venom Spitter fires a sack of corrosive fluid which bursts on impact.
    I'm guessing that hellbug glands are pretty difficult to come by in the real world but it doesn't really matter because you missed the point.

This is a science fiction based game (heavy emphasis on the fiction) and you are hung up on real-world details. If it makes you feel better then think of it this way: the gun is a prototype which implies that it still undergoing development and testing. Maybe the recoil is too much in burst and full-auto mode or they make the gun jam and explode and it needs further development. The thing is we'll never know because they are details that don't advance the story.

Its a dude with a mindset that an assault rifle has to be burst or full auto and is not simply accepting a semi auto assault rifle

A .308 passes thru with little damage? Try checking out pics of a deer shot with one and tell them that lol. You obviously know little about bullet design. Any round can be had in a full metal jacket or a solid that will provide little to no expansion. A .308 round designed for hunting will do far more than merely pass thru. I doubt you have much if any experience firing either to have such ridiculous claims.