+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

did you hear the one about co-ops that are anything but?

as a generally solo minded player I never really enjoyed co-ops in OG and cringed when I came to learn advancement in 2050 'depends' on co-op participation, yet pressed on... finally hit PR3K and tried T3 co-ops several times... wow, I'll not do it again until they're fixed, probably sometime in 2050, like everything else

even in the OG, co-ops caused dissension among the community as some people want to kill all the bad guys while some want to run past as many as possible, and yet others want to glitch through... but everyone meets at a spot before boss- so people get 'kicked', verbally abused, berated, etc

here, in D2050, my first T3 co-op (via matchmaking), in scrapworks me and another new to T3 player are being bombarded with harassment about 1) not answering the question "what are we going to do?", 2) reviving fallen self appointed co-op lords, 3) not playing 'right'... not a cooperative vibe going on at all, and no explanation...

1) I don't type well anyway, and find it impossible when using a gun and running for my life- let alone, I didn't understand the question in the first place

2) apparently there's a way to glitch the co-op where everyone dies on purpose, comes back into boss arena, and maybe you can open chest, maybe not- or one person can decide on his own to forgo the boss fight, die, screw everyone out of their chance to legitimately complete the activity

3) the bosses are more difficult now, and require additional strategy (and cooperation), if you're actually going to try to legitimately finish the co-op, though I haven't seen the guide outlining said strategies (like the old warmaster guide, for instance) and this is matchmaking- hello?

so we have a game in which advancement depends on co-op participation, but co-ops are so ghastly to complete, and so broken (allowing this exploit) most people would rather, by glitching, take a 50/50 chance on losing the reward to skip the boss fight

this all seems ten times more frustrating than the pitfalls of OG co-ops, (and yes, this can all be avoided by avoiding the matchmaking function, and going in as a group, but if that were so easy, there wouldn't be a feature called, um, 'matchmaking') yet ego/PR is dependent upon this arktarded, broken shtako

the only other activity where advancement is quantified is pursuit rating- but amazingly a system centered around tabulating/tallying cannot count- whiskey tango foxtrot

Defiance 2050- hard to love

First: I feel your pain. Second I would invite you to join Brown Coats. We are a clan of mature, friendly, helpful players. We don't use glitches, exploits, or cheats. You can run solo and do your own thing, and join co ops when you like. See our thread in the forums for a list of officers, or find me or my wife in game.

Grimmaldy Grey PC NA
    Alisa Magchenko PC NA
    Grimmaldy Grey Warframe on PC

1. I've never had someone talk trash in a coop map and I've played many coop maps from all tiers.

2. I believe this is only impacting one coop map with the hulker boss, and out of the many coops I have done. This was only requested once to do, so it's not happening all the time like your post suggests.

3. Never had any problems with completing coop maps, only one I will not do is motherlode due to the amount of time it takes to kill the final boss, but this is supposed to be fixed in the next patch.

4. You're going to love T4 coops and the blue-headed mobs.

I think you just had a bad luck with your 1st coop experience.

I also never had any problem whatsoever in coops and have been paying since release (at 3.7k PR now). Coops are the 2nd most fun thing to do after PvP IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Draccon149 View Post
    1. I've never had someone talk trash in a coop map and I've played many coop maps from all tiers.

2. I believe this is only impacting one coop map with the hulker boss, and out of the many coops I have done. This was only requested once to do, so it's not happening all the time like your post suggests.

3. Never had any problems with completing coop maps, only one I will not do is motherlode due to the amount of time it takes to kill the final boss, but this is supposed to be fixed in the next patch.

1) thank you for your more expansive perspective... having a small sample set in D2050, I may have a skewed outlook based on my limited experience, though I encountered plenty of trash talking in the OG co-ops

2) again, thank you for the enlightenment... I encountered the glitch in Motherlode initially, after running 3/4 of it solo, when someone just took it upon himself to re-enter boss room without saying anything, and 3 of us had no idea what had happened, just that fight ended and we got no reward... the next time, within an hour, after running most of Motherlode solo again (because, apparently, few want to do Motherlode at all) dude says ''y'all know about the glitch, right?", talks everyone into suicide, re-enter for no reward... based on what the guy in scrapworks was saying, I thought he was referring to the same glitch in that arena as well... still think he was, though he may have been off base, apparently, relative to that being an option... though he was *****ing about our play, as well

3) me neither, and I really enjoyed Motherlode as I was alone through most of it... didn't care too much at all for having it end early with no pay-off... and "fixed with next patch" is about as reliable as getting a reward for glitching Motherlode boss

4) would embrace the challenge (if that's what blue-headed mobs represent) if my patience endures through another 1000pts of PR, but they'd have to fix the glitch

I can empathize with those that want to get through as quickly as possible, and forgive the brash means of communication- its the fact that they have a stance because the game is broken that's at issue with me... in the OG I could just opt out and sacrifice chimera rep, and had to, because for as long as I played, the exploits were never fixed... in D2050 you can't really just opt out

@AlexMonk thank you for the generous offer, I will consider it

I got your back Resi ! I know it’s not always fun to wait for me but I’ll help you out as always
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Draccon149 View Post

1 - Yeah, at T2 myself, I've never seen any trash talking in Co-Ops. I see more things like, "Anyone need datarecorders?" and such.

2- Only with Motherlode. I've never seen anyone ask to use the death for completion for anything else.

3- I've completed many co-op maps myself, including Motherlode, even though the fight is long.

4- My character uses the "Psycopath" title, so bring it on.

Coops take way to long, queing is still often impossible , and i have also encountered people pulling ******** , kicking trying to glitch. Coops are no fun. And take way to long (did i say that already lol ) at all teirs. Not uncommon to see someone die like 10 times or die till they just quit, i been stuck in coops solo do to this. Why is trion so insistant everything should take for ever and be riddled with failures. Coops , challenges among other tasks are just a waste of time. So much player effort for what feels like nothing.
    IGN - David Irwin * PSN - cruxkilla *

Austin, PC NA i7-4810MQ @2.8Ghz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, Win10 Home, GTX870M/6GB, 4K mon
    A lot of groups use some sort of voice communication. My clan uses Discord. I know I can't type and fight. No idea how anyone can.

This was a problem for me for about a year when I could not speak (well, the sounds I could make could not be understood) and both language and accent can be an issue.

Your best bet is to find a clan that matches your play style. Different clans have different personalities and some are top-player only go-go-go groups, some are more laid back and helpful, and some are so passive they hardly exist. And lots of variants in between.
    -- Tess
    Everything's cooler in the 4th dimension.

As people above have mentioned, they are really not that bad except motherload (and one other I can not recall-hardly run it or get it). You can go through them pretty fast, with the right group. I have done a few random co-ops myself. No problems. I am like you and cringed at the idea of co-ops because how it was in D13. I have a really good clan. We run co-ops often. I also often run 2kers through either a T2 or T3. Me join co-op. Other 3 lowby friends join on me. Ultimately, co-ops will and do reward the best gear.

Not saying you can not and will not run into horrible players. Many are actually understanding and nice. Like last night. Trying to run people, jumped in and out of one co-op. Eventually staying because 2 of my clan mates joined it, so felt bad and stayed. Apologized to the one random about jumping in and out as I was trying to help lower power people run higher tiers. Had a nice response.

Name: Sandy Rose

+ Reply to Thread