+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

That "That's That" Nerf

The weapon went from very popular to 'noone using it'.

First we have to understand what kind of weapon it is: it's a slow reloading but very powerful weapon, and all that power is concentrated in a single projectile.

It used to be able to kill any non elite unit in a single hit anywhere in the game world. Now it can only do that on the overworld because that "slight" 10% damage nerf makes it unable to kill a regular Coop mob in a single hit due to their higher HP. Coupled with the slow reloading time, it become dangerous and inefficient to use and practically is just not worth it anymore if you can't kill a (regular Coop) mob in a single hit. The speed nerf just adds to this because it's now a short range weapon.

It received two nerfs at the same time. I suggest that the devs roll the damage back and keep the speed nerf.

Maybe even before the nerf it couldn't kill a regular mob in T4 and T5 in a single hit but I couldn't know either because my PR rating wasn't that high back then when the nerf dropped.

thats that wasn't OP. people are just so uneducated when it comes to things. oh I one-shot an enemy in a co-op. when that fact is they landed a crit against dark matter which are extremely weak to explosive. I woulda killed that dark matter faster with a lock on rocket. will elaborate more when i get home from work.

I still believe the main reason it got nerfed was due the high number of people using it in pvp. I currently use a 5000pr OJ Barn Buster Top Notch fully modded with T5 mods and it destroys everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyroo View Post
    I still believe the main reason it got nerfed was due the high number of people using it in pvp. I currently use a 5000pr OJ Barn Buster Top Notch fully modded with T5 mods and it destroys everything.
    Just wait soon they might remove it like they did Charge Blades.. This dev team isn't making the best calls lately..

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyroo View Post
    To paraphrase, Rarnok emphasized that it's not due to PvP but because That's That was overperforming everywhere which I tend to agree.

I also use Barn Buster now because it's the most optimal rocket launcher (has the highest damage, the fastest reload speed, medium blast radius, and the slowest projectile speed).

I dont use the rocket anymore ,and it was every noobs go to gun in pvp ,its so slow to use its not even worth it .

Quote Originally Posted by Hit the Deck View Post
    To paraphrase, Rarnok emphasized that it's not due to PvP but because That's That was overperforming everywhere which I tend to agree.

I also use Barn Buster now because it's the most optimal rocket launcher (has the highest damage, the fastest reload speed, medium blast radius, and the slowest projectile speed).
    rarnok is so full of it. I can think of many spots where I out dps a that's that with other rockets. the smoke and mirrors ain't fooling me. another sign it really was a pvp nerf is the fact they haven't touched a bonesaw yet. the thing is oneshoting all open world bosses. that's that isnt doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by vorxdargo View Post
    Just wait soon they might remove it like they did Charge Blades.. This dev team isn't making the best calls lately..
    terrible logic here. they will not remove rockets because they aren't unique like the charge blade. while is disappointing that all classes can't use a charge blade, you have to respect their choice of not introducing a new melee wep like a dagger for the assassin. the hours of real coding and programming can't be had by this team

Quote Originally Posted by The 5 Ds of Death View Post
    rarnok is so full of it. I can think of many spots where I out dps a that's that with other rockets. the smoke and mirrors ain't fooling me. another sign it really was a pvp nerf is the fact they haven't touched a bonesaw yet. the thing is oneshoting all open world bosses. that's that isnt doing that.
    That's That didn't have great DPS for continuous firing against bullet sponges like elites or bosses but its 2x damage rockets (that's how it's used to be, the devs put 2x modifier because it only has a single rocket as opposed to 2 like the others) instagib everything else so in general it did overshadow the other rocket launchers.

Regarding the prototype weapons, they have stated several times in streams that they already have a fix/patch for them but for some reasons we haven't got it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hit the Deck View Post
    That's That didn't have great DPS for continuous firing against bullet sponges like elites or bosses but its 2x damage rockets (that's how it's used to be, the devs put 2x modifier because it only has a single rocket as opposed to 2 like the others) instagib everything else so in general it did overshadow the other rocket launchers.

Regarding the prototype weapons, they have stated several times in streams that they already have a fix/patch for them but for some reasons we haven't got it yet.

it didnt over shadow anything. id out dps thats that with a longshot. prenerf thats that vs me and longshot id win everytime at any seige

+ Reply to Thread