+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Spam Posts & Moderation

Spam Posts & Moderation

It's an honest question.

Ever since Fasti dropped Mjolnir on the forums, we thought people would be banned immediately, for any forum violation. We were angry and scared because of that. People stopped posting on the forums (me included).

Instead, it seems we got the opposite: no moderation at all. Ever since the hammer dropped two Fridays ago, I've already seen name calling, reported xenophobic comments, people disclosing names of players and cheaters in the forums... all previous forum violations, some, quite severe, and nothing happened. People are going Scott Free with all kinds of issues.

And today, it's 3pm where I live, and the forum is covered with SPAM that generally is removed in the early hours of the day.

Do we actually still have moderation staff working on these forums?

Can some CM please explain what's happening?

It would seem Trion is currently in a transition period. They got rid of the Community relations members that did anything but community relations. They switched from protecting cheaters to ((eventually ) dealing with them. The spam bot posts got cleaned up rather quickly as well. It looks like a proper step forward in establishing a new Community relation.

Though the xenophobic and negative posts should be dealt with. If it's not for the betterment of the game and community, it should not be on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleBeard View Post
    The spam bot posts got cleaned up rather quickly as well.
    As I write this reply, all the phishing posts in my picture are still in the forums. I think they've been up all day.

There might be a issue on your end then, they got removed pretty much right after your first post on my end:

5.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #5
    Hey there,

I've cleared out all I found but spam is a sad reality of open forums. Keep reporting posts and we'll get them cleaned up as quickly as possible. The spam today was definitely still visible for longer than normal but we'll do our best to keep on top of it.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager/Bulldog

Read our forum standards before posting

Looking for help? Contact our support team!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    It's an honest question.

Ever since Fasti dropped Mjolnir on the forums, we thought people would be banned immediately, for any forum violation. We were angry and scared because of that. People stopped posting on the forums (me included).

Instead, it seems we got the opposite: no moderation at all. Ever since the hammer dropped two Fridays ago, I've already seen name calling, reported xenophobic comments, people disclosing names of players and cheaters in the forums... all previous forum violations, some, quite severe, and nothing happened. People are going Scott Free with all kinds of issues.

And today, it's 3pm where I live, and the forum is covered with SPAM that generally is removed in the early hours of the day.

Do we actually still have moderation staff working on these forums?

Can some CM please explain what's happening?

yep it get pretty bad and fast. and takes a while to take down. but it gets done

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Hey there,

I've cleared out all I found but spam is a sad reality of open forums. Keep reporting posts and we'll get them cleaned up as quickly as possible. The spam today was definitely still visible for longer than normal but we'll do our best to keep on top of it.

Yea, but um how about you please tell us what is going on with the Defiance 2013 store? I have requested many times now for a idea if the store is not coming back, port everything from the store(all the clothes, vehicles, etc) to in game vendors and let us buy everything using in game scrip/rep, etc. Its been 4 months now, no store.

and the spammers are back

Maybe its time they sold defiance?
    one CM, game playerbase dying for both games, the 3 devs look very oblivious in the latest stream, like they have no idea what is going on with their game or maybe they do and don't care. 2050 money scam, ignoring us about the defiance 2013 store?

sell this game before it dies already

Quote Originally Posted by JungleBeard View Post
    There might be a issue on your end then, they got removed pretty much right after your first post on my end:
    I did refresh the new posts, but ok -- however, that was not my point. Look at the relative time of this thread (I said it was 3pm) and the time stamps of the SPAM posts on my picture: they were all dated from 8:35am (again, my timezone) on.

That means the SPAM posts remained on the forum, unattended, from 8:35am until 3pm, when I posted. This never happened before in this forum (at least, I don't remember).

It is now 3:50am where I live. The forum is littered with SPAM again. It looks like there's no one else taking care of this forum, full time, anymore.