+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Questions and Concerns

Questions and Concerns

Since we have a new Community Representative, I figured we could bring all out current questions and concerns to one thread, to help out. This can also work for the live steam, since I'm assuming we'll have one this week. I may be wrong on the stream part though.

Known Issues:
    - Communication from the Trion
    - Bonesaw and Gore Auger
    - Motherlode
    - Time Trials
    - Reputation Gains
    - Power rating gains at higher Power Ratings
    - Black Challenger stats
    - Melee weapons
    - Defiant Few/Thorn Liro daily not counting
    - Original Defiance Bit Store

Some of these are not really issues, but things we see as suggestions and complaints for the game. This is mainly for the Black Challenger and Melee weapons. As we know there currently aren't any plans to add melee weapons back to the game, and the Black Challenger is an insult more than a reward.

What we know is coming:

Bonesaw and Gore auger will be temporarily disabled until the permanent fix for them comes with the October 15th update.

Motherlode should be fixed with the upcoming patch, as soon as it can be tested on the PTS.

New scoring and wave system for Arkfalls is coming with the next patch, it also needs to be tested on the PTS.

New scaling for weapons, the boon system, where you get benefits in zones for higher power rating and rarity.

Return of Sieges to Xbox, coming with the next patch.

Crusader arrives October 15th with Hulker Hell.

New weapon skin system, allows you to collect and reskin your weapon, if I remember correctly, this will come with the October 15th patch. I could be wrong and it come with the upcoming patch.

If I missed anything, feel free to add it. Also, feel free to add any questions you may have. However, let us be civil about it. Please try and refrain from ranting, or anything that isn't constructive. Remember, this is the community, trying to help our new Representative out.

Add an Atomizer rework to that list

But other than that I think you got it covered.
    Grimmaldy Grey PC-NA

Shield glitching.
    All Challenger stats need adjusted. Black Challenger was always the slowest and it should stay that way. Medera car races are currently impossible to get gold without runner exploit or severe lag.

- Broken weapon modification and enhancement system

Are you aware of this? Just want to make sure.

Nerf everything , get rid of pvp , non cut scene skippers in co ops higher than t3 get auto kicked after 2 seconds
    Anyone goes thru door at boss in soleptor and kills themselves to get up top , auto kicked
    Anyone not following the path in iols, auto kicked
    Make bronze in time trials the new gold
    Restore that’s that to its former glory
    Did I mention pvp ? Lol
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Stranger View Post
    Nerf everything , get rid of pvp , non cut scene skippers in co ops higher than t3 get auto kicked after 2 seconds
    Anyone goes thru door at boss in soleptor and kills themselves to get up top , auto kicked
    Anyone not following the path in iols, auto kicked
    Make bronze in time trials the new gold
    Restore that’s that to its former glory
    Did I mention pvp ? Lol
    Nerf everything? The only things I know they nerfed are That's That, Salvage, and Vehicle health. That's That was overpowered, hence why is got nerfed. Vehicles, so that people would stop using them to run over everything at Arkfalls.

The cut scene skipping, I'm doing T3's and have never run into that.

The Soleptor part, I didn't know about and can be defined as an exploit, in which case, I'd call it a justified kick.

Island of the Lost, well, a few invisible walls should fix that right up.

The Time Trials part, I had already mentioned the time adjustment in another thread.

PvP, well there are a few concerns here that I didn't mention.

- Freight Yard and Military Academy not being playable, which they're aware of and working on.
    - Shield Glitching, which they know of, and are working on.
    - Bonesaw and Gore Auger, which we already know what's going on there.
    - Second Life, something that's been brought up and discussed, though no word on what, if anything, they have planned for it.

Other than that, which we all already know. Other than your apparent dislike for it. Was there a particular reason why you wish to have it removed?

7.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer21b View Post
    If I missed anything, feel free to add it. Also, feel free to add any questions you may have. However, let us be civil about it. Please try and refrain from ranting, or anything that isn't constructive. Remember, this is the community, trying to help our new Representative out.
    Hey!

Thank you so much for gathering all of this in one place, it will be a big help to help provide more familiarization with the concerns everyone has. I'll be forwarding this to our development team and we'll give more info on these concerns as we're able to.

No , I actually like 2050 pvp , better than d13 , I still don’t do it often , had 4 toons in ol defiance with all pvp pursuits , not doing it on 1 in 2050 tho .
    I guess after 4 plus years , pvp has been the root of all nerfs. What’s wrong with having an op gun or two ? Pvp is why !
    I appreciate all your posts sorcerer , I can tell you have a passion for the game as do I . I like to joke around a lot , as you may or may not know . I tend to take everything lightly to a certain point .
    Most of my post was making light of all the nerf requests .
    Cheers
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Nomis View Post
    Hey!

Thank you so much for gathering all of this in one place, it will be a big help to help provide more familiarization with the concerns everyone has. I'll be forwarding this to our development team and we'll give more info on these concerns as we're able to.
    No worries. I try to help with it as I can. Since a lot of it gets mixed up and/or lost in other threads. Also I have the same post on reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Defiance/

If you let MagnusRune know who you are there. Well, you can read his comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer21b View Post
    If I missed anything, feel free to add it.
    The Ex Inanis synergies (in the original game) need rotating ... last rotation was 7 months ago.

We have been unable to use the Bits store for about 3 months ... so they should remove the weekly Arkforge cap or something like that, as others have suggested. Small changes in the original, which would not take time away from work on 2050, would still improve the "quality of life".