+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Many of you will not know me (some may) but I am one of Trion’s harshest critics and an ps3 NA OG player. I spent countless hours and $$$ supporting d13 over the course of 5 years. Over that time I amassed a large collection of both old and new guns. I left defiance for good in March ‘18 after fulfilling my promise.

https://youtu.be/fiBq3pRhXgU

Don’t waste your time, save yourself the frustration and broken controllers.

kon
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

And new players are allowed a different perspective as well, because they are not blinded by the past. Both are equally entitled/allowed a different point of view on the game. That was my point.

Most of the new players I talk to love the game, while the old guard just whines in chat about d50, just wants d13. Most Oldfiance players would rather have a buggy, unstable, broken 5yo mmo over a reimagined More stable version and while buggy at first, can only be improve upon, that is drawing more players to it.

D13 BC on an emulator would be a nightmare to play, and keep up, not to mention it would hurt them as they couldn't reach the PS4 players. The smart move was to build it for BOTH consoles, and relaunch the game. You still have d13 to play, Why do people see d50 as a bad thing?
    XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 3000)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 27xx)
    Clan: ogs

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by konstantinov View Post
    Many of you will not know me (some may) but I am one of Trion’s harshest critics and an ps3 NA OG player. I spent countless hours and $$$ supporting d13 over the course of 5 years. Over that time I amassed a large collection of both old and new guns. I left defiance for good in March ‘18 after fulfilling my promise.

https://youtu.be/fiBq3pRhXgU

kon
    Hey, I remember you - hope you are doing well
    D13:
    Insomniac Hunters: Tashinka, ZombieRahm Tak, Sgt Rasta, Purple Dude, tash.0, ZombieKupack Kurr,
    D2050:
    Terminators: tashinka

psn: j599kbvvaak

Quote Originally Posted by konstantinov View Post

kon

Hey Kon, good to hear from you!

I had a feeling you might be lurking around

I stopped playing and posting shortly after both of us got our spankings and you posted that video.

I still read the forums almost daily. They are far more gratifying than playing the game. It's such a spectacular slow-mo train wreck that I just can't stop watching...Total popcorn fest. And the sense of feeling completely vindicated by walking away from this grift is just icing on the cake.

Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    Most of the new players I talk to love the game
    It would be interesting to see what they think, if they now tried the original on PC.

...while the old guard just whines in chat about d50, just wants d13. Most Oldfiance players would rather have a buggy, unstable, broken 5yo mmo over a reimagined More stable version and while buggy at first, can only be improve upon, that is drawing more players to it.
    That's the thing ... I don't think 2050 is necessarily and inherently more stable because of the software ... it's just because the older generation consoles have very limited RAM etc by today's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    The PS3 has 256 MB of Rambus XDR DRAM
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    (The Xbox 360 has) 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM
    That is a big factor in how Defiance performs on those systems, especially compared to most (modern) PCs. The original game is pretty stable on PC in my experience (barring the occasional blip) - I would not have played it as much if I was disconnected as often as the old consoles were.

The stability (of 2050) on current generation consoles comes predominantly from their hardware (and having to meet their [64-bit] standards), not the software alone. We have seen the stability of the software when the July patch was released and then almost immediately recalled.

On PC ... personally I actually find the performance of 2050 is slightly worse: because it seems more data is having to load it, actually takes longer for enemies to become visible for me. Reducing the visual settings to their lowest made little difference in this regard.

D13 BC on an emulator would be a nightmare to play, and keep up, not to mention it would hurt them as they couldn't reach the PS4 players. The smart move was to build it for BOTH consoles, and relaunch the game.
    I wouldn't suggest just emulation. I think it might have been possible to iron out more bugs, to make the game more stable and to retain far more of the original ... and to make it available to the current generation consoles. It might have taken a bit longer, more money or more "man hours", but then 2050 might have been more popular with the existing players. Some "design choices" for 2050 were not just about cutting costs: for example, it seems to me that they reduced the overall accuracy of weapons so that the special accuracy perks are more impactful.

In 2050 I would miss all the gear in my original inventory ... but if (for example) more weapon types (e.g. mass cannons) had been kept in the game, I would have been happier. For me, mass cannons are part of Defiance - they were one of the fun weapons that spurred me to continue playing, when I saw them being used by others. They could have made the explosive VFX a toggle-able setting etc as people have suggested before, that would still help generally with some 2050 weapons.
    To me, the standard rocket launchers in 2050 seem so slow and have little splash damage - they seem really underwhelming: it feels dumb, unrealistic and boring that a bullet from a pistol is more effective than a rocket.

Another example: I was happy when I got El Diablo in the original ... but in 2050 it seems like some crummy non-descript Nomad SMG . I salvaged my 2050 version the same day it dropped ... and yet I still have my El Diablo in the original game.

It appears weapons have been made plainer to make the class perks and abilities more desirable.

Sorry, had to split my post - the forum software had a problem with is as a single block.

You still have d13 to play, Why do people see d50 as a bad thing?
    The answer would be a very long list.

One of the obvious top reasons would be that because of 2050 ... the original game gets even less attention. See the Bits store, flickering vendor bug and almost 8 month stale Ex Inanis synergies. D13 is not getting much love from Trion. It's like the first child was thrown out when the new 2050 kid was born.

Another is that the player base is split ... so ... despite an increase players (for the original) in December, January and February: after 2050 launched, the numbers have continued to fall (to perhaps their lowest ever). I have seen clan mates and friends leave and try 2050. In many cases, they tried 2050 for a bit, but then got bored and decided to play other games instead. Some are hoping 2050 will improve and then they might return to it.

There has been a general atmosphere in the original game, for some time now, that Trion will just pull the plug one day. It's a sense of impending doom ... to me it's quite depressing because it does feel like we have been abandoned. This dark cloud seems even darker when Trion seems to have their focus locked on to just 2050. It's like ... there is little point in obtaining anything and little point in playing if it could all quickly go "poof" (probably without any warning). The old home is becoming a wasteland, but the new one is not complete.

And yet how many kept pumping money in d13, and continue to pump money in d50 despite this? Some people just like to hate play.
    Just admit it dude, you love Trion's shaft the only question is do you like it up north or down south?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Effort Game View Post
    Just admit it dude, you love Trion's shaft the only question is do you like it up north or down south?
    Zero you need to either leave or get baned from the forums and deleted from any game for comments like this.

I don’t agre with everything that people say, but I respect their rights enough to let them voice their perspectives. As i would yours if they were respectful and not directed striaght to an individual, race or religion.

In my life experiences if one would direct comments like that to a person then they would have a tendancy to direct the same to race and religion as well.

You sir need to be ereased from this forum for disrespect...
    GT -- Abyss Hunter
    Xbox 360&1 NA
    The Abyss

To simply demonstrate that all the negativity about the game and trion is 100% deserved they started to delete and ban people that simply write the truth about the game,we old players know were this is going,proof is all the huge problems that the game has and that won't be resolved,they don't update the client since the first weeks after launch,do you honestly believe that they are working on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Another example: I was happy when I got El Diablo in the original ... but in 2050 it seems like some crummy non-descript Nomad SMG . I salvaged my 2050 version the same day it dropped ... and yet I still have my El Diablo in the original game.

It appears weapons have been made plainer to make the class perks and abilities more desirable.
    Each weapon in 2050 fills a certain role according to this chart:

And each faction has its own strengths and weaknesses according to this chart:

2050's weapons feel nondescript may be because each is made to fill a certain prescribed role rather than made from the ground up to be fun like the wild and varied Prototypes.