+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    I agree with every thing Knowfear just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowfear View Post
    Please let me be clear:

I played the original game from alpha onward. Through it's ups and downs. for years.

Now D50 is here.

Many folks have responded on this thread to explain and justify their complaints... most with comparisons to the previous version, old grievances, etc. Here is the reality... the game is what it is and will be what it will be.

If you think that your... complaints... will have any greater impact on how the devs and community managers build THIS game than they did for the previous version, you are deluding yourself. They are professionals. They will do the very best they can with the resources they have. Period. In fact, it makes a great deal of sense for them to start with a smaller scale and do their very best to get it right, and then add in more... also working to get it right.

Those of you who have played for so long have far, far fewer grounds for complaint than those who are new and just trying out the game. You KNOW what it was and is.

It seems clear to me that those of you who attempt to justify your complaints and negativity are doing no one any good, and may contribute to turning new players off... something that ABSOLUTELY WILL result in this game not being successful.

If you are not ok with the game, with what the devs and managers are doing, then the best thing you can do is stop playing the game. Find another one of the many, many others out there. If you decide that there is something about THIS one, issues and all, that you can't find out there, then by all means play it... That is what I am doing. There is something about this game that I just haven't found elsewhere.

But please, just don't spend so much of your time and energy being negative, and then tying to justify your negativity.

I know full well the massive blowback a post such as this is likely to generate, from all of the "helpful" folks trying to explain to me what they are trying to accomplish with their negativity... just know this: I will NOT be taking the time to read any subsequent"corrections", "explanations"... or "rants". If you still feel the need to post such, you are saying much more about yourself than me or my point of view.

I will be spending my time playing this game, enjoying what I just can't find elsewhere. I hope you all do, too.
    So basically I'm right don't care about what you have to say I'm right because I say I am bye!
    There has been nothing "professional" from the devs from the last few months as well as Trion firing the guys that made the game again! I don't want people buying into the scam anymore. Numbers don't lie. Ignorance is a bliss. The game could have been so much more! Also they don't have that many resources to work with! Are you serious? Defiance was one of the most expensive games ever created with around 80 Million dollars in development costs!... Trion isn't some indi game company Trion been around the block for a while and they have plenty of income from their other 5 games... So yeah stop with the Trion is too poor excuse! They even paid another company to rewrite the entire game for next Gen consoles! Trion ain't broke they should have invested more time into the game instead of rushing it out again like they did last time. I will admit that the first time they rushed the game out was because of the fact that the game and show was contracted to release on a certain day together. This time however no excuse!

I havent touched this game since a couple weeks after it launched in july and will say I am not bnb surprised but surely disappointed people try to get others to hush on the lack of progress this game has made in the 5 years its been Out? It's not new, there isn't a wealth of stuff for new people to explore.. the side things they did leveling up are the same things they will keep doing with no change.. and trion gets to keep their ranking in top 5 meh devs

Quote Originally Posted by Knowfear View Post
    Please let me be clear:

Those of you who have played for so long have far, far fewer grounds for complaint than those who are new and just trying out the game. You KNOW what it was and is.

It seems clear to me that those of you who attempt to justify your complaints and negativity are doing no one any good, and may contribute to turning new players off... something that ABSOLUTELY WILL result in this game not being successful.

I completely disagree. Yes, it's true that the older players knew what 2050 was gonna be like before they even released it. But we, or at least I, had a certain degree of expectations due to how much the dev team claimed that it was gonna be built from the ground up.

Being built from the ground up would imply that the devs were finally gonna try to understand the code, and therefore be able to fix many of the bugs that have been around since d13. However, that hasn't happened yet. While we did get better server stability, many of the bugs from d13 still exist within 2050. In fact, there are even new bugs to be added to the long list of bugs for them to sort out (to be expected).

So yes, older players knew what to expect, but we were still promised something that hasn't been delivered yet (typical of trion). And that brings me to your next statement. Most of the old players are not complaining just to complain and turn off potential new players. If you sincerely think that, than I think you misunderstand. We just want our voices to be heard and suggestions to actually be listened to.

We are tired of our concerns being ignored. We are tired of being lied to. We are tired of promises being made that are not being delivered upon. Yes, we knew it was gonna be like this, and that's why we voice our concerns.

In my opinion, if something doesn't change soon, 2050 will be as dead as d13 soon. If you've seen the steam charts, you know that I'm not lying.
    Platform/Region: PS3/NA
    Character Name/EGO Level: Protonyx/6000
    Alternate Character Name/EGO Level: Yuki Chan01/4900
    Clan/Position: DRH/Leader
    Link To Defiance Discord Server
    Link To Defiance Data Discord Server

Quote Originally Posted by Protonyx View Post
    We are tired of our concerns being ignored. We are tired of being lied to. We are tired of promises being made that are not being delivered upon. Yes, we knew it was gonna be like this, and that's why we voice our concerns.

In my opinion, if something doesn't change soon, 2050 will be as dead as d13 soon. If you've seen the steam charts, you know that I'm not lying.
    And I completely agree with all of this. Spot on, arkhunter!

I agree with everything Protonyx just said. My biggest disappointment is when they said "built from the ground up." Only to obviously not be. But its Defiance and it always has a hold over me.

That to me would imply all new written code for everything. Not just a copy and paste (and we know its this due to same bugs and stuff in Defiance 2050, that was in Defiance, but shoulnt be there. Bugs or otherwise). They just added new other codes to what they already had. That is called an update

I really do love this game, as I have from Defiances' beginning, when it works as intended. But if something really doesn't improve soon Trion will lose this game, and its players. Apart from the few that cant escape its addiction (like me)
    In Game - Elastikspastik
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Red Thugs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

+ Reply to Thread