+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by comeonguys View Post
    with all joking aside i walked away weeks ago.
    Likewise... hoping the (targeted) October 15th game update does something to change that, but I won't hold my breath.
    PS4 NA - Pine Tarr - Castithan - <Shanje Liro> - EGO: 50

I stopped complaining. Cause I stopped playing lol. October 15 may get me back, for event purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Players who supported the original game ... who invested time & money over several years ... who paid towards the wages of Trion staff ... they are entitled to have a different perspective than new players who never played that version. If new players can play and enjoy 2050 as a "free" game, as it is ... then that's fine by me . But fans of the original game know Defiance can be so much better.

Trion (the company) is responsible on the most part for all the backlash and negative criticism ... because of how they treated the game and the players. Trion dug that hole for themselves, it didn't just come from nowhere ... there is a logical explanation for why things are the way they are ... and it's not really just players being negative for the sake of it.

The players are not the ones responsible for making 2050 the way it is, nor are they the ones responsible for Trion's treatment of the original game.

Some players like to blame other players for the state of 2050 ... but ultimately Trion owns the game and controls the code. And often, Trion could have addressed the issues differently and more elegantly. For example, completely disabling trading for all, just because of a few bad apples (Trion has given other reasons for why they removed trading, but it still seems like a step backwards IMHO) ... that's like closing all stores because of a few shoplifters. It's not addressing the root cause ... and those bad apples seem to be getting their kicks in other ways.

Time after time, players have asked for a little more information, a little more communication, a little more attention on the game. Trion has had countless opportunities to make players happier ... but they rarely take them.

I'm fairly sure they want to make money too ... hence all the packs that have been on sale, plus the increased prices on vanity items, salvage chests, ark keys ...

I had no demands, merely requests and suggestions … but they often fall on deaf ears. And currently and personally, I am not asking for "new content" ... just sad that much of the original content is missing.

Before you leap so quickly to defend something ... you should really learn who and what it is you are defending. You may be surprised if and when you discover the truth.
    Trion is not some fluffy little bunny who is making the game on their own, from their basement, who just wants players to be happy and is doing it from the goodness of their heart (and whose spirits will somehow be crushed from the slightest negative feedback).
    Trion knew the kind of response 2050 would get, their CEO said as much.

https://mein-mmo.de/trion-worlds-sag...h-kein-rework/
    I want a happy, nice community for the game as much as anyone (and for the Dev Team to be happy producing something that we enjoy) ... but asking customers to stop complaining when they have legitimate concerns is not the way to do it. Good business is about listening to your customers and trying to address issues in a correct and timely manner.
    Being a whale doesn't make you more entitled. That is what's wrong with this community. Everyone feels entitled and complain when they don't get their way.
    XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 3000)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 27xx)
    Clan: ogs

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    Being a whale doesn't make you more entitled. That is what's wrong with this community. Everyone feels entitled and complain when they don't get their way.
    Did you even read what he wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
    Could you please stop the negative comments and just let it be, the game is old to you guys, most of you played it since 2013, but not me and many others, you guys demand new content, while I still going through this one, you want d13 comes to d50 while me and many others did not know that d13 does exist at all, never heard of it.

Could you just take it easy over dev and staff, they brought the game to us for free just to enjoy, and that how we do repay them in return?

Could you old arkhunters stand with us new arkhunters in our demands in properly ways, not hurt nor harm their (dev) courage and passion.

Could we just enjoy the game as it is, and have faith upon them, they will fix it step by step and the best still to come.

This game is a unique and we should take the developers hands to bring it forward.

Could you please?
    I was like you until Trion (I presume) intentionally broke D13. I defended them when people joked about crit error issues, lag spikes, system freezes (for console players). I've invested a few hundred dollars into D13. I played constantly with my clan for a couple years. There was always issues but you looked past them. I watched the game I was always on get nerfed and nerfed and nerfed and then get its arms and legs broken permanently. Yes I can still play it, but if its an extreme hassle to spend my rep after I've done my chores, why bother. Expo lagged like crazy and I died before I saw what killed me. The last and greatest insult.....bit store gets broken and Trion basically says 'no refunds, no bits transfer to 2050'. I have around $20.00 of bits in D13 that I can't do anything with. 2050 looks better graphically, but thats about it. Almost everything else I find more irritating. My condolences that you never got to see D13 at its prime('ish?) state.
    Guardian Warriors is always recruiting! (Xbox 360, NA Server)

what's funny is that you make all these threads explain all the issues etc... and Trion don't gaf lmao

here is a tip for all you that remain playing this dead duck... find another game as Trion will continue to ignore everything you post or question and like all the livestreams so far answer next to fk all and bang on about new content

sad but it's the truth and been proven since the launch of this lame duck

I love this game, been playing the original since before launch.
    Been playing D-50 since beta.
    MOST of us on this forum come here because we're showing through our time and effort, in text, the things that are broken, and don't work correctly, that hamper the success of the game we log in to play.

I'm really not feeling the love or respect from the company here or in game, as a dedicated customer who has invested my time and money supporting a game I want to continue playing.

There aren't many ways that the leaders on this mothership can regain and maintain our trust, and without OUR trust - they're going to have a hard time bringing in NEW players in enough numbers to make this a going concern after they chase us out through neglect.
    Chase US out, and we just end up telling everyone we know about the failure.

They need to acknowledge the actual issues:
    1. Enumerate them, in black and white. Tell us what THEY think/know are the issues. The things that are broken, and the things they recognize we want in the game.
    2. Compare that - in black in white to the lists of issues WE have told them about. If they want us to trust them - they have to show us that they know and understand what WE have been telling them all this time. We talk among ourselves, we know what we post to the bug-lists. You ignoring our buglists doesn't make the bugs or buglists go away. It makes the players go away.
    3. TELL us what they CAN fix, in black and white.
    4. TELL us what they WILL work on to fix. This includes what they're working on fixing now, and how it's progressing.
    5. Give us updates, in black and white, with no sugarcoating, how the fixing is progressing. Don't go weeks between updates, you lose players when you forget that we're here.
    6. STOP treating us like ATMs who have no memory. If we give you our time/money in good faith - You owe US the stuff you claimed you were going to give to us and you owe it to us in a timely fashion. If you can't make the schedule, you owe us an explanation we can trust about why we should stay.

I'm tired of this game's management trying to distract us from the existing broken stuff, or the bad game-play ideas, with 'new' whizzbang gimmicks and outfits/classes, only to ignore the underlying broken basic gameplay some more.

I have money in the DEFI games and bits in the bank on more than 2 accounts.
    Lots of people do.
    If the games want more time and money from We The Players - they had better step up. We stop spending time/money on games we delete because the people who produce them act like we don't matter.
    If they assume they'll just keep what they already have in my accounts and let me walk away - I'm up to walking away.
    They wont notice me, just one guy walking away, but I'm not 'just one guy' - I'm representative of a portion of their player base.

I want to stay a sponsor of the game.
    I want to keep playing the game.
    But you have to meet me in the middle, TRION. Make it worth my while.

And stop the Power-Ranger crap.
    There are reasons why this game stands out in atmosphere and storyline that set it apart from other games.
    Stop trying to be like them, and be the game you got our attention with.
    Be the game we came here to play.

Quote Originally Posted by binky View Post
    There aren't many ways that the leaders on this mothership can regain and maintain our trust, and without OUR trust - they're going to have a hard time bringing in NEW players in enough numbers to make this a going concern after they chase us out through neglect.
    Chase US out, and we just end up telling everyone we know about the failure.

[U]They need to acknowledge the actual issues:[/U
    If the games want more time and money from We The Players - they had better step up. We stop spending time/money on games we delete because the people who produce them act like we don't matter.
    If they assume they'll just keep what they already have in my accounts and let me walk away - I'm up to walking away.
    They wont notice me, just one guy walking away, but I'm not 'just one guy' - I'm representative of a portion of their player base.

I want to stay a sponsor of the game.
    I want to keep playing the game.
    But you have to meet me in the middle, TRION. Make it worth my while.

And stop the Power-Ranger crap.
    There are reasons why this game stands out in atmosphere and storyline that set it apart from other games.
    Stop trying to be like them, and be the game you got our attention with.
    Be the game we came here to play.
    I agree with this binky. What they need to do as well is fix the bugs and bring in the new story lines like they say the’re doing in the 10/15 update & reintroduce ark-forge to make trades available - so that we’ll have to bring the items (down or up) to our level before we can use and have the benefits of them.

Trion lost an extremely valuable revenue source by not including the trade menu.

Yes people got ripped off because they didn’t pay enough attention to whom they were dealing with. That was on them. I was always the last one to accept the trade and never asked outside of my clan-mates for forge based upgrades to my weapons.

Thus I never got ripped off outside of the clan, but you still have to be casuist inside of your clan as well. Actually talking too someone instead of just typing to people will always give you a better sense of there true nature & values.

Hearing the inflictions in their voice as they speak will always give you a better understanding of the type of person they are. Words that are just typed means nothing.

It’s just common sense to trust no one until they give you reason to do so in any online situation.

So trion!!! Bring back trades...
    GT -- Abyss Hunter
    Xbox 360&1 NA
    The Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Im Watching You Fasti View Post
    Did you even read what he wrote?

Yep. Did you miss the part when he said "Players who supported the original game ... who invested time & money over several years ... who paid towards the wages of Trion staff ... they are entitled to have a different perspective than new players who never played that version"?

Just because you paid for bits, or buy dlc doesn't mean you are entitled to special privileges, or rights, nor does make your opinion any more valid.
    XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 3000)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 27xx)
    Clan: ogs

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    Yep. Did you miss the part when he said "Players who supported the original game ... who invested time & money over several years ... who paid towards the wages of Trion staff ... they are entitled to have a different perspective than new players who never played that version"?

Just because you paid for bits, or buy dlc doesn't mean you are entitled to special privileges, or rights, nor does make your opinion any more valid.
    The part in red doesn't imply or aver privileges or rights, it says/means perspective.

And the opinion of someone who has long term experience with promises made, product not delivered, and bugs not fixed is a more valid opinion of the game as it is than someone who downloaded it last weekend and has 6 hours playing the game casually without seeing the faults, yet.

White knights can be fun guys, but choosing to ignore problems and issues isn't automatically a virtue.

That doesn't mean we can't be civil and friendly, but it does mean we'll probably disagree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast