+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

THe new wave system at majors has something for everyone to hate

Now that I've played both hellbug and scrapper majors I can say that they just arent fun at all, theyve just added all the mean of defiance into one location. There really is something for everyone to hate.

1- Must have a timer!!! No really, must have a timer!!!

2- Need something like a 5 minute warning alerting you that the major is about to end.

3- Fail is the normal outcome for a major.

4-They arent scaling down properly. Ive only seen a max of 12 playing on the pts, the norm is 1-3 players at a major and the amount of enemies spawning in waves doesnt change.

5- Too many lag deaths. If you lag even for a even a second, your insta-dead.

6-The ammo top off bug is even worse. With all the ammo drops coming in closer to your character you are always out of ammo.

7-Range of enemy movement is too far. Enemies will follow you 180m away from center, thats way way past the large red circle.

8-Range of enemy bombardment is insane. anything like archers, hideous mouth, etc are now reaching out 200m from center.

9-auto extract and enemy one shot kills anywhere in the extended range of 200m The bosses are now getting one shot kills on players and triggering auto extract, and loss of revive.

10-enemy waves spawning just before the boss appearance are preventing attacks on the boss. enemy waves should spawn after the boss appearance not merely a second before.

11-enemies are not shooting in the direction they are facing, they can fire any directions inculding thru the back of their heads.

12-You only get 100 score for hideous mouth, heat sunk, demotivator kill. There's no incentive to destroy them when you can get 1000's killing enemies.

13-Enemies dont disappear during the 1 minute arkchest period. You may not be able to get to the chest as they are still attacking.

14-The amount of screen shake is just insane. If your one of those players that hate acid baths at the warmaster, just stay away from the new majors. With helions spewing, warriors suiciding, monarchs wave blasting, archers bombing, and players using det clusters, the shake is 40 times worse than a warmaster. (I like it myself )

15-Kill shot doesnt count towards the impossible 600 kill shot pursuit even if displayed. Thats if you can see the score display, cause thats still bugged of course.

16-Enemies refuse to drop focus and will keep pounding your *** even when your down and dragging yourself away, even when a dozen other players are shooting at them they just keep on pounding on you, cause trion likes to punish you and make you hate the game.

17-After extracting enemies refuse to drop focus and will immediately turn and attack you again if you come within 180m of the center, no matter how many other players are shooting at them.

18-Losing 1000 for going down, 2000 for auto extract, is ridiculous. Supposedly your supposed to be able to get a better score and thus more salvage. Instead with the increased number of deaths you end up with half the score you could get with the old majors.

19- You can get more salvage from doing 4 10 minute minors instead of one 40 minute major, not counting major fails.

There's probably more to hate, but thats all I got for now.

If that's the replacement for the current Majors - Game will be dead within days...

Geez... all of that sounds like a big bag of yikes.

Thanks for the info, though.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

funny that you say that you need a timer, i think that this is more like comedy post.

i personaly like those new majors but everyone should choose self i guess

#7, #8 and #17 yes, the range for enemy detection and their accuracy are beyond reasonable. Especially Raiders. If you die and the extraction is within 100m they do in fact follow you. This also happens on live.
    #13 This actually happens on the Live server currently as well.

The rest of this just seem more like preference than actual bugs.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

6.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #6
    Hey guys. Thank you for your feedback on this, and keep it coming! These changes to arkfalls are a work in progress and balance passes will be made. Also....yes a timer will be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    Hey guys. Thank you for your feedback on this, and keep it coming! These changes to arkfalls are a work in progress and balance passes will be made. Also....yes a timer will be added.
    Glad to hear there will be a timer. What about a giant healthbar for the boss so we know how close to death the boss is at all times I think that will be helpful.
    IGN-Quest
    CLAN-Devil's Rejects
    PSN-questfordays
    PS4-NA

Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    In addition to the timer for the boss stage, we want to see the timer brought back that shows how much time we have to complete the first stage. It's very annoying when it times out with no notice and essentially no rewards for your 10-20 minutes spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soba JP View Post
    #7, #8 and #17 yes, the range for enemy detection and their accuracy are beyond reasonable. Especially Raiders. If you die and the extraction is within 100m they do in fact follow you. This also happens on live.
    #13 This actually happens on the Live server currently as well.

The rest of this just seem more like preference than actual bugs.

Actually all of it is preference more than actual bugs. For example not everyone needs a timer, I know I do cause I get caught up in blasting everything that moves and forget to check the clock by the mini map. And maybe thats just me, but I think most players play like I do.

And while I agree with you on #7 #8 and #17, they already in exist in game in other places, and some players think its great. If you go to the bathhouse and get mele'd over the wall by the stairs, you will see 4 viscera run up the stairs and around the corner to keep pounding you even thou 100 other players are shooting at them, and some players love that.

On #14, I love lots of explosions and shaking. Most people dont, some hate it so much they will even zone rage and tell everyone their muting me cuz I use rocketlaunchers during a warmaster, yep lol.

I really believe that there is so much to not like about how they are at the moment that if they were to release it this way it would drive people away from doing majors.

But this is PTS and as Zephkial said they are working on it and will make changes, including a timer just for me

funny, timer is already added sometime now at pts

+ Reply to Thread