+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Member nate van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    On the beach.
    Posts
    237

    Spending money!!

    Hello Trion.

    First off fix the game. To many people have quit and I am lonely.

    Second tell us what is going on with old defiance store.

    Thirdly I want to support you and the game but there is nothing to spend money on.
    Old defiance I spent well over 3k us. This defiance 2050 I bought ultimate pack the other pack and few thousand worth of bits but now there is nothing left to buy.

    Normally buying keys would be a good money grab but after running tons of t5 co ops your end game content with the highest oj drop rate and receiving o ojs I said no way am I buying more keys.

    Then salvage would be the next cash expense but because I can not even get one good weapon drop I have nothing to spend that on so now I have a maxed out surplus .

    I am not really sure where you all are going with this game I want to support trion but what do I spend my money on?

    I was thinking maybe make ojs easier to get then add additional weapon customization features like double or triple rolls, change it to where you can manipulate the masteries.

    Possibly make it to where you can acquire items to buff the rolls and masteries so we can put 3 entirely different sets of mods on a weapon and customize the masteries to your favorite class.

    I think this would give players something to strive for and give the game more of a.feel like it is made for each individual not cookie cutters. Also with how you all are moving forward in the game I.E. massive amounts of mobs and leaderboards it would bring that competitive edge back. There is literally no end to what you all could do.

    I personally would spend untold amounts of cash to totally trick out my guns so they are massively overpowered and I was on the tip top of the leaderboards. But make sure that going after the gear is worth it cause nothing would make people mad like spending thousands of hours or dollars to trick you gear and character out then some 1 week new player with low gear destroys your score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexthat
    "you have stockholm syndrome"

    Xbox 360
    Xbox one

  2. #2
    Member neko_gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Galt, CA.
    Posts
    498
    2050 is not going to have the same formula for profit as old Defiance did. There are no synergies and pay for loot boxes, thankfully.

    If you are asking to spend money on something worth while, buy inventory slots and loadout slots. Keys are not worth the money IMO. We had a guy spend a few hundred on keys (at least) and he leveled faster, but he couldn't hit 5000 due to RNG. There are weapon skins coming next week. Some exclusive to the bits store, so check those out. You can buy vehicles that are among the fastest in the game only matched by those bought from the commendation vendor and the valor system. You can buy cosmetic outfits. Plenty of ways to support 2050.

    It sounds like you are trying to buy your way to 5000 PR, at least partially from what I'm getting. They designed the game so you couldn't so this. You still have to play, progress, and deal with the RNG like everyone else. Opening your wallet won't help you here. And frankly I'm glad. If it did, I'd be gone by now.
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

  3. #3
    Member DEATHBRINGER210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    2050 is a free to play game , i still dont see any reason to spend money on it ever. not with all the up coming games, from game companies with very stable servers.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    2050 is a free to play game , i still dont see any reason to spend money on it ever. not with all the up coming games, from game companies with very stable servers.
    So then why are you one of the ones that keeps asking when the d13 store is returning which is of course free. Also if you played 2050 you would see that those servers are very stable at this point...on pc not a single crit or disconnect in months. It's the old as dirt last gen consoles with the connection issues.

  5. #5
    Member DEATHBRINGER210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Celldweller View Post
    So then why are you one of the ones that keeps asking when the d13 store is returning which is of course free. Also if you played 2050 you would see that those servers are very stable at this point...not a single crit or disconnect in months. It's the old as dirt last gen consoles with the connection issues.
    the removal of the store has made it very hard to buy boxes from the lock box and rep vendors , and has added more lag and log in issues to game . which wasnt the case before. very odd . you can see for yourself about crits ,disconnects , server issues on a daily basis on 2050.

  6. #6
    Member nate van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    On the beach.
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by neko_gunner View Post
    2050 is not going to have the same formula for profit as old Defiance did. There are no synergies and pay for loot boxes, thankfully.

    If you are asking to spend money on something worth while, buy inventory slots and loadout slots. Keys are not worth the money IMO. We had a guy spend a few hundred on keys (at least) and he leveled faster, but he couldn't hit 5000 due to RNG. There are weapon skins coming next week. Some exclusive to the bits store, so check those out. You can buy vehicles that are among the fastest in the game only matched by those bought from the commendation vendor and the valor system. You can buy cosmetic outfits. Plenty of ways to support 2050.

    It sounds like you are trying to buy your way to 5000 PR, at least partially from what I'm getting. They designed the game so you couldn't so this. You still have to play, progress, and deal with the RNG like everyone else. Opening your wallet won't help you here. And frankly I'm glad. If it did, I'd be gone by now.
    I hit 5k weeks ago. As for vehicles and inventory slot ect I am maxed at 230 inventory 6 char slots and have bought everything from the valor vendor and still have 20k+ valor left. What I am looking for is stuff to buy to really customize my character and make him really fun for me to play. As for not spending money I think the ftp people do not get the fact that while yes it is ftp but only because others pay there way. No company takes a loss they are here to make money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexthat
    "you have stockholm syndrome"

    Xbox 360
    Xbox one

  7. #7
    Member nate van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    On the beach.
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Im Watching You Fasti View Post
    Lmao in all my years i have never seen such...... Why you spend 1000s on basically a dead game with only about a thousand players online at any given time on all platforms...? This is why Trion does nothing because they know that spending addicts will still pay up even if they are the last person playing the game...
    Maybe you should read the post. I'm telling them what I want so I will spend my money. Right now as it is there is nothing I want or need.

    However instead of reading the post you would rather make rude, derogatory and offensive comments towards anyone and everyone who doesn't share your point of view. If you do not like the game then why are you on the forms trash talking people who do like it but want to make it better.

    I think you might just need to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexthat
    "you have stockholm syndrome"

    Xbox 360
    Xbox one

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nate van View Post
    I hit 5k weeks ago. As for vehicles and inventory slot ect I am maxed at 230 inventory 6 char slots and have bought everything from the valor vendor and still have 20k+ valor left. What I am looking for is stuff to buy to really customize my character and make him really fun for me to play. As for not spending money I think the ftp people do not get the fact that while yes it is ftp but only because others pay there way. No company takes a loss they are here to make money.
    I think you've beat the game. Like in this non-MMO RPG, when you beat the final boss and the credit rolls and you sell the game on ebay, well you're at that point in d50. Until more content comes out, I believe pvp is your only option.

    Options to play dress up with your toon and gears will not entertain anyone for very long.

  9. #9
    Member nate van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    On the beach.
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    I think you've beat the game. Like in this non-MMO RPG, when you beat the final boss and the credit rolls and you sell the game on ebay, well you're at that point in d50. Until more content comes out, I believe pvp is your only option.

    Options to play dress up with your toon and gears will not entertain anyone for very long.
    I totally get that reference lol. Soon very soon those of us still left playing as with yourself will be where I am and wanting more this is why I made my weapon customization suggestions.

    It would give us something to strive for while we wait on content and give trion defiance so much needed cash to hire more programmers and developers to make new content for the ftp people to use.

    Win win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexthat
    "you have stockholm syndrome"

    Xbox 360
    Xbox one

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    ...
    Options to play dress up with your toon and gears will not entertain anyone for very long.
    That's actually the best way to make people keep playing - do you know the Diablo series?

    I want to play dress up and collecting gear but the game doesn't really give me that option (I'm now around 5k)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts