+ Reply to Thread

Satchel Charge suggestion

Allow Satchel Charge to be used for rocket jumping.

Suggested changes:

-Make Satchel Charge's self damage be a third of it's damage dealt instead of all of it.
    -If the Satchel Charge's user stand within 1 meter of it at the time of the explosion, the user will be greatly propelled upwards, in the same way that charge blade jump attacks propelled other players in PvP (but the rocket jump would have a much stronger lift).

The propulsion would only affect the user so as to avoid griefing by knocking mobs into unreachable places.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Allow Satchel Charge to be used for rocket jumping.

Suggested changes:

-Make Satchel Charge's self damage be a third of it's damage dealt instead of all of it.
    -If the Satchel Charge's user stand within 1 meter of it at the time of the explosion, the user will be greatly propelled upwards, in the same way that charge blade jump attacks propelled other players in PvP (but the rocket jump would have a much stronger lift).

The propulsion would only affect the user so as to avoid griefing by knocking mobs into unreachable places.
    No thanks, we don't need more exploits just so people can explore. If anything the satchel charge needs it's damage increased as it's almost useless in pve.
    XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 3000)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 27xx)
    Clan: ogs

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Satchel charge might be the most useless skill in defiance. It should be changed completely for something that does something. Maybe instantly recharge grenade? Anything at all, really.

The worst thing about satchel charge is you don't have a choice in the matter. At least for other skills you have alternate choices if one is useless.

I personally love the satchel charge. I love using weapons that have a high risk = reward factor. I would say about 15% (25% assisted) of my pvp kills are from satchel charge alone. If it got a larger radius I think I would be killing my player, just like the skill where you drop a grenade when you roll dodge.... As I always throw it and detonate within a second or less. I do sometimes use it as a land mine; however, it does glitch out and become invisible after ~10 seconds where it won't do any damage, and your skill won't regain unless you detonate the disappeared satchel charge.

I do agree that the jumping won't work, as its the main reason decoy was replaced - Glitch through wall with decoy, jump out of bounds with satchel.

I monitor all my pvp kills, and correlate the damage needed to kill a player in order to know when a player is shield glitching. Going against a player with grenades=shield, a satchel charge within 15% of its max blast radius will 1 hit kill. The only time a satchel charge won't 1 hit, is either distance from target or they are knowingly or unknowingly using a form of shield glitching.

Its why my setup is to kill any (non shield glitch) player is with
    3 Direct rockets
    3 indirect rockets with backup weapon or melee/reload
    1 grenade within 80% blast radius + 1 rocket
    Satchel charge (+1 rocket on low shield glitch)
    Satchel charge low damage clip + within 80% grenade radius

Again though, I love demolitionist for multiple reasons, it has a large reward for skill and has no exploits on its class (assassin bleed anyone? ). Plus throwing hatchlings past a fleeing opponent to run into is always fun. I will say that I never use the roll dodge grenade bonus, as you have to take the 90% damage reduction from personal explosives, loosing out on 2 other powerful skills.

My opinion= Leave it as is, it reminds me so much of the old school 1 shot courier.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Satchel charge might be the most useless skill in defiance. It should be changed completely for something that does something. Maybe instantly recharge grenade? Anything at all, really.

The worst thing about satchel charge is you don't have a choice in the matter. At least for other skills you have alternate choices if one is useless.
    Agree it is the most useless skill currently. They need to buff the damage or something, right now I never use it.