+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What I would like to see.

Player customization! Weapon customization! Vehicle customization!

Vehicle Customization

In addition to the character vehicle progression via vehicle skills I would love to see mods for vehicle's.
    For example, You could have 5 mod slots for you transportation.
    Tires
    Shocks
    Engine or Acceleration
    Steering
    Brakes or Paint, I am still undecided on which one
    Trion could introduce them in ark breaks with a Raider boss theme like a Raider War Master or something instance based and score based. Personally I would make the drop chance based on leader board score 1st has x% to drop mod, 2nd has y% to drop mod, 3rd has z% to drop mod and all the other people have j% to drop mod.
    I feel this way gives something for everyone. Your casual player has a chance to get what they want while your more competitive players are rewarded for there strive to excellence.

Player Customization

The first part of this is simple just introduce more outfits, hairstyles, and body mods. You can make in game drop only cosmetic items like helmets,boot's, earrings, face paint and of course outfits.

The second part of this is more complicated. The new defiance 2050 is class based I.E. demo,assassin, assault, medic, and the list goes on. Once you hit 25 in the class it is over and you have no more to do. This seems like a huge wast of a lot of work which was put into making them.

I would take it further after you hit 25 in a class you could do ark breaks to get items that allow you to upgrade your favorite class further to really push the perks up and make your character one of a kind.

Some thing like 25 additional items to raise every perk up or put all the boost into one perk but do it like you did with the weapons and make them diminishing returns.

Once you have maxed that out then you could make class/weapon bonding. Give the players the ability to bond there favorite weapon to there favorite class which would allow the weapon masteries to coincide with the chosen class. Each class could have one or 2 weapons bonded to it but make it where it is difficult to do this and to undo this.

Weapon Customization
    I would like to see something in the game to raise the value of the mod slots. This would add an additional multiplier to the mod value. We could make it tier based like green,purple,oj, and gold mod slot boosters. This would be fantastic for all player the casual players have fun playing the game and getting there casual rewards while the leaderboard chasers have an unlimited grind to make there character unique and powerful.

Additionally the rolls on the weapon could also be treated this way with catalyst to change each roll and different rarity catalyst to really push the threshold of a weapons potential.

As for the masteries of the weapons I would have them as generic masteries unless you hunt down and work for mastery catalyst which would allow then to coincide with classe specific bonded classes.

Again the options for this are limitless.

Bits Store

In addition to making all the upgrades as in game drops I would put most of them with the exception of the very highest Supreme mods and catalyst in the bits store. Now this is going to make some people upset and some people happy but i look at this way. most FTP gamer's have much more time on there hands than the players who use the bits store because of work related schedules. By placing the items in the bits store and in game the people with more time than money get what they want and the people with more money than time get what they want. Everybody wins so long as the very apex of the items remain as in game drops only. however all the catalyst to do the bonding and items like this can be sold in the store.

The profit for this will allow Trion do work out the in game bugs and provide us with a larger dev team to produce new content just like expos and the profit from them skyrocketed the swarm of new content for the old defiance.

All of this taken into consideration unless The defiance staff comes out and fixes the massive problems in the current game including fixing or at least telling the players of d13 what there plans for the bits store are i believe we may be looking at a long downward spiral.

P.S.
    I love the leader board and massive mob spawns idea. It is a great way to cater to both the casual player and the competitive players. This direction seem like a great start to a new unlimited defiance. now if you can get it to work and the basic game to work we might be on our way to recovering the lost players from launch to now.

P.P.S.
    as for pvp related balances untill our player base is up not much can be done. However once it is up i would make a simple suggestion. have 2 different types of matches a low lvl regulated match for the people who are chasing daily's and pursuits and a no holds barred 100% all out unregulated all weapon, player and class bonuses work match type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexthat
    "you have stockholm syndrome"

Xbox 360
    Xbox one

I believe you have some great ideas Nate. I personally don't care about vehicles but it's something cool to do. I'm behind all your ideas & would like to see them in game.
    Some game for Ego, others for loot. Me- I just like to kill stuff!

Agreed, there are some really great ideas that you've posted.

Wouldn't mind seeing some (or even all) of those ideas make it to the game.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "There will always be people who will say a game is dead because they either are not good enough at the game..."
    Medjed: "Before we announce the winners please consider that due to no clear information, we couldn’t determine the winners."
    Imagine thinking a recycled event is more important than server performance in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Br3ach View Post
    I believe you have some great ideas Nate. I personally don't care about vehicles but it's something cool to do. I'm behind all your ideas & would like to see them in game.
    Thank you very much breach. I also feel the same way the cars I am on the fence about but I know that it seems to be one of the items you see most asked for on the consecutive post.

Xbox 360
    Xbox one

Yes it's a shooter but sometimes you just want to pimp your ride!

One thing on mods I've asked before, I know you look at stats of the mod but I miss being able to see the mod tier while its equipped, doesn't D13 have that?

Quote Originally Posted by RALTERMANN View Post
    Yes it's a shooter but sometimes you just want to pimp your ride!

One thing on mods I've asked before, I know you look at stats of the mod but I miss being able to see the mod tier while its equipped, doesn't D13 have that?
    Lol well said.

Xbox 360
    Xbox one

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    Agreed, there are some really great ideas that you've posted.

Wouldn't mind seeing some (or even all) of those ideas make it to the game.
    Thank you very much Kevin. Every bit of input would really help the staff to see what direction the players would like the game to go in. Who knows from what I have seen of rag he typically goes his own direction unless he see something he like more. Maybe in a few months we can see something to this effect added to the game.

Xbox 360
    Xbox one

Well, I am not particularly interested in any of these mods and customizations but having more content in the store is a really good idea; at this point it is very-very limited.
    I think some of them would add value to the game and as the OP pointed out, it will give people something they want.
    Personally I don't have that much time to spend gaming and I prefer to buy stuff from the store instead of farming for it. I am a long time supporter (being a customer since Rift launched and having a patron subscription most of the time) and I don't mind spending real money to buy virtual stuff - I consider those money spent on "entertainment", same as going to theater, movies. So please bring more stuff to the store (useful stuff, because cosmetic is plenty).

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Well, I am not particularly interested in any of these mods and customizations but having more content in the store is a really good idea; at this point it is very-very limited.
    I think some of them would add value to the game and as the OP pointed out, it will give people something they want.
    Personally I don't have that much time to spend gaming and I prefer to buy stuff from the store instead of farming for it. I am a long time supporter (being a customer since Rift launched and having a patron subscription most of the time) and I don't mind spending real money to buy virtual stuff - I consider those money spent on "entertainment", same as going to theater, movies. So please bring more stuff to the store (useful stuff, because cosmetic is plenty).
    Thank you for your post tazz. Your response was and is exactly what I am looking for. I have felt for a long time now that there has been a huge rift between FTP and pay to play people. However it does not need to be this way if balance properly. To make a game fantastic you need to earn money to pay employees to make new content and fix bugs while at the same time you need the FTP to add volume and bodies so that there is enough players to make it fun and more of a community.

In addition you need to bridge the gap for people who have a lot of time to play but little money and people who have little time to play but an abundance of money. All the while taking into consideration that within those 2 sub groups you have 2 additional sub groups. The casual "hang out with friends and enjoy a nice steady pace" player's and the 'all out I want to be the best,I am the best give me more" players.

I feel that my game progression prototype covers something for everyone.with enough constructive input and a tiny bit of consideration for all 4 sub types. Us as gamers might actually come up with a better game. Who knows maybe ragnar will read this post and see how we feel and what direction we would like the game to go and implement some or all of this game model.

Xbox 360
    Xbox one

Thanks for raising this issue nate van - I would like to see it addressed (if possible) in the future.
    I totally agree with you that this is a business here - Trion has to earn some money out of this game not only to pay their employees but to cover a lot more expenses and taxes and to have something left to turn a profit. Unfortunately a lot of people fail to realize this and expect everything to be free - really sorry for them but charities are not in the video game business.