+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Player Housing

Player Housing

Hallo all, and Trion hopefully!

I have seen a few threads here about what to spend cash on in game. This may have been discussed before but I for one am a total sucker for player housing. In Defiance 2050 it would be amazing too. We could have one of the 3 main races as a base choice, plenty of items to customize. Tion already has a good system in place for housing in Rift, just imagine how great it could be here too.

I think housing locations, as well as furniture, soundtracks etc etc would be an amazing addition to the game. What do you all think? I for one certainly hope that it becomes popular, especially with Wildstar closing in Nov it could be a great way to get those players interested in Defiance! What do you all think?

From what I've seen of the TV series, from a lore perspective, housing is something only those who are wealthy or well off can afford. In the TV series only the Tarr and MaCawley families had such luxuries. Everyone else seem to be living out of shanties. It wouldn't make sense for a freelancing bachelor(ette) ark hunter to have that kind of wealth.

Not to mention there is a significant lack of housing in general in the game. There are admin buildings, farms, Iron Demon Ranch, and a few misc. buildings in the game, but there is no central community village anywhere that shows people actually LIVE in Paradise. Add to this, the fact that there is no central city or town in the game for players to congregate and socialize at.

Player housing should be on the very bottom of a very lengthy wish list that needs to be buried in a basement somewhere in a locked chest requiring a special community ark key. And the only way the developers can get the key is by grind out the bug and content fix patches at the same length of time intended for the community to grind to PR 5000.
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

That's a good point. I was just trying to think of something that they could invest time in that people could spend money on to help support the game.

Quote Originally Posted by neko_gunner View Post
    From what I've seen of the TV series, from a lore perspective, housing is something only those who are wealthy or well off can afford. In the TV series only the Tarr and MaCawley families had such luxuries. Everyone else seem to be living out of shanties. It wouldn't make sense for a freelancing bachelor(ette) ark hunter to have that kind of wealth.

Not to mention there is a significant lack of housing in general in the game. There are admin buildings, farms, Iron Demon Ranch, and a few misc. buildings in the game, but there is no central community village anywhere that shows people actually LIVE in Paradise. Add to this, the fact that there is no central city or town in the game for players to congregate and socialize at.

Player housing should be on the very bottom of a very lengthy wish list that needs to be buried in a basement somewhere in a locked chest requiring a special community ark key. And the only way the developers can get the key is by grind out the bug and content fix patches at the same length of time intended for the community to grind to PR 5000.
    I have 0 desire for housing in the game, but I must object to being called not wealthy enough for it. My toon is a gazilionnaire.

I think it might be cool if clans had there own base then they could sell customization stuff in the store for it I'm not talking about inside but the outside

this is a cool idea, but only once the bugs are fixed Imo.

I like the idea of a clan building thats edited by its members with permission, where each member has a room they can customize.

Plus what do you mean by too much scrip? Im always less then 12k scrip, as I still have over 30 vendor boxes to buy lol....

If anyone knows a good scrip farm I would love to know via message early ty

(yes I do all my dailys and weeklies for the scrip, and auto salvage nades and shields for scrip, but its never enough)

What purpose could this actually serve? The last thing this game needs is a resource management
    for chairs. If you want to play house, go play Skyrim, sims, or fallout 4.
    XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 3000)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 27xx)
    Clan: ogs

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Then maybe clans can have there own vendors fir storing trading ect could open up another part of the game

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    What purpose could this actually serve? The last thing this game needs is a resource management
    for chairs. If you want to play house, go play Skyrim, sims, or fallout 4.
    Gives something to do other then logging in just for dailys and a couple co-ops.

ESO introduced the same thing, and its become one of their most profitable store sales. They sell so much of it they are constantly introducing new items/packages in the store weekly and sometimes daily. While it takes 3-4 months for a new dungeon, as they don't sell those nearly as much.

Now this statement is something I would hope is correct. The more money Trion has coming in, I would hope correlates to more staff, which hopefully would mean faster updates/bug fixes, and new content. Wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Necronial View Post
    Gives something to do other then logging in just for dailys and a couple co-ops.

ESO introduced the same thing, and its become one of their most profitable store sales. They sell so much of it they are constantly introducing new items/packages in the store weekly and sometimes daily. While it takes 3-4 months for a new dungeon, as they don't sell those nearly as much.

Now this statement is something I would hope is correct. The more money Trion has coming in, I would hope correlates to more staff, which hopefully would mean faster updates/bug fixes, and new content. Wishful thinking
    People are complaining, and leaving the game about not getting oj's after buying keys. You think they will buy furniture that does nothing? Eso was built differently then this game. What works for others will not work in defiance. You also have a stash in eso and the house is a safe haven. In defiance it would be a shack just for S 'n G. Would be a waste of Dev time and resources that could go into new Co ops, and other stuff.
    XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 3000)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 27xx)
    Clan: ogs

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

+ Reply to Thread