+ Reply to Thread

Crusader meteor fails to launch

The Crusader class is obviously meant to drive the Synthetic story line and isnt really suitable for general play.
    But I got to the final main mission vs Nim and tried using the Crusader against him, and not surprisingly it was a total fail.

Hammer Time wont hit him, even when he's standing still bugged inside the chamber.

Charge leap wont stun him, doesnt affect him at all. I tried charge leaping at the chamber and veered off to the left.

Vortex wont pull him towards you. Even in open world Vortex doesnt work well, it will only pull one enemy a couple meters towards you if you can target one thats already close. Outside of 5m it wont lock on.

Absorption Shield reflects nothing back towards him, zero damage and only lasts for one blast from him.

Meteor Smash, now you would think even a near miss would kill Nim. Sadly it wont even activate, it just doesnt work, you cant even launch it to kill yourself with it. Now you might assume that it wont work inside a bunker, but it will, it works fine inside the Thorn Liro arenas and inside Cronkhite bunker. Like Nim, Meteor is bugged.

I must say I'm also disappointed in the graphics when it does work, I know Cass would say 'It's a freakin Meteor for cris'sakes!' When I think meteor strike, Im picturing something like the artillery strikes at a dm major, but combined with the blast back you get at the end. This looks like your holding a flaming bag of dog poo over your head and tossing it like a basketball.

So how did I kill Nim when he was bugged inside the chamber? Demolitionist - Cluster Projectiles of course, kills Nim in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessss View Post
    So how did I kill Nim when he was bugged inside the chamber? Demolitionist - Cluster Projectiles of course, kills Nim in seconds.
    And that's how we killed him in D13 with Mass Cannons - the spirit of the weapon lives on!