+ Reply to Thread

57 Downs at Dark Matter Extraction Force

I’ve had that many downs when there were only 5 or so people present,never when there were 20 or more people like today as 4 Bulwarks and 20 or more Dark Matter were present every second of the finale.

I was worst despite being Power Level 2600. Two other people had more than 40 downs.

That isn’t a challenge, that’s just punishingly unfair for a Major that was already poorly designed. And it’s certainly not fun borne witness by more than a handful of players I saw just drive away despite nothing worth driving to on the map. I’m sure they wished to avoid the “death tax” sssigned to teleporting as you get killed while sitting on the loading screen.

sounds like when 99 problems rolled out in old defiance.

I really like the new DM majors. As part of a group of 4 I was able to finish it with only a few downs with my PR at 3100. There is a lot of strategy involved and you need the correct weapons. I used electrical ammo on a retaliator and digger with assault class. Use the green stims to take out the bulwarks, keep moving, and stay out of the middle.

I agree the death tax needs to be removed. If the purpose of the new majors is to give you more rewards via a better score then taking away 2k each time you go down is just wrong. You can easily end up with a zero score and zero rewards for 40 minutes of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessss View Post
    I really like the new DM majors. As part of a group of 4 I was able to finish it with only a few downs with my PR at 3100. There is a lot of strategy involved and you need the correct weapons. I used electrical ammo on a retaliator and digger with assault class. Use the green stims to take out the bulwarks, keep moving, and stay out of the middle.

I agree the death tax needs to be removed. If the purpose of the new majors is to give you more rewards via a better score then taking away 2k each time you go down is just wrong. You can easily end up with a zero score and zero rewards for 40 minutes of play.
    I agree with you. Use electric ammo on a high fire rate weapon like and AR or SMG. Use your grenades, stay out of the middle, keep moving and watch for fire bombs and rockets when the monolith is in the air. The green ego boost should only be used for bulwarks and the main boss. Sadly, people use it to run around and shoot the air.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.