+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    As the devs said on the stream yesterday.Dmg if fine,the only issue with it is the op score you get from it.Soon to be fixed

Not every gun spawns skitterlings. The way the bug works is that if you had venom spitter before the patch, now all your guns get the 4th mastery, which is a random chance to attract ravenous skitterling. Actually, all your guns now have the 4th mastery of your protos and oj weapons. I have an oj that gives me evasive manoeuvers if equipped by assassin, and if I switch to assassin, I do get that bonus even if the gun is just in my inventory. If you acquire a new proto or an oj, the mastery isn't affected by the bug, so no need to go replicate a VS, it won't help.

Normally, Venom spitter is a marginally usable weapon at best. It is very slow to shoot, really clumsy to aim with, doesn't do much damage, and its only real advantage is its large area of effect. But the 4th mastery makes it usable, because every time an ennemy is damaged, there's a random chance to spawn skitterling.

However, if you add that mastery to anything, it gets nut. Say there's a 5% chance of spawning the skitterling, and 3 ennemies are hit by the large AoE. That's 15% chance. Given the low rate of fire, it's ok, but not really great. If there's only 1 enemy, it plainly sucks. But apply that to every gun, and you see why things are broken. A SMG that shoots really fast will spawn them in drove. That happens in PvP too.

In HH arkfalls though, a lot of ennemies spawn near each other, on the same square meter actually. So if you shoot in the middle of them you can spawn skitterling there. If you use a really fast detonator, like a soleptor, you'll cover most if not all the spawns, and if you have the VS apply to that, you'll spawn them like crazy.

What doesn't help also is that when a batch of hulkers survive the first round of attack after they spawn, then they all move together. They all have the same AI, are on the same spot, and have the same inputs, so they all move together, stay as a group, and get killed as a group.

All I know is what I've experienced on ps4...just about every score leader at the end of Hulk maj, has atomizer equipped. No, I don't have an atomizer and yes I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by RALTERMANN View Post
    All I know is what I've experienced on ps4...just about every score leader at the end of Hulk maj, has atomizer equipped. No, I don't have an atomizer and yes I'm jealous.
    eviscerate plays a huge role as well, this skill can wipe mobs with a quickness. I feel you on proto drop rate. Zero here, and all get from loot boxes are mods.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Im sorry but i only use barn buster and pumpkin patch at Hulker Hell arkfalls and run with demolition class. I had every proto before the update all at ego 5000 and i can tell you now the thing dropping hulkers so quick is the 4th mastery bonus on the Venom Spitter kicking in with almost every shot i fire. And getting accused of hacking the game is the best bet. Ive stayed out of pvp since this update due to this bug happening too.

Its not the atomizer, nor is it bio toxin. The weapons have nothing to do with the ridiculous high scores.

HH still has the same 3 problems as identified on the PTS - hulkers and afflicted spawning on too small a spot, hulkers attack afflicted so they dont move, and enemies dont have enuf hit points.

I got a 700k score in frisco using just my blue ar and blue det with assault class. So I repeat 'ITS NOT THE DAMN WEAPONS.'

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessss View Post
    Its not the atomizer, nor is it bio toxin. The weapons have nothing to do with the ridiculous high scores.

HH still has the same 3 problems as identified on the PTS - hulkers and afflicted spawning on too small a spot, hulkers attack afflicted so they dont move, and enemies dont have enuf hit points.

I got a 700k score in frisco using just my blue ar and blue det with assault class. So I repeat 'ITS NOT THE DAMN WEAPONS.'
    Darknessss do you have a venom spitter in your inventory? I even tried using my alt which is also 5k but not got a venom spitter and my scores are tiny compared to my main

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyroo View Post
    Darknessss do you have a venom spitter in your inventory? I even tried using my alt which is also 5k but not got a venom spitter and my scores are tiny compared to my main
    No I do NOT have a venom spitter, I do NOT have an Atomizer, I've never received those drops but would certainly love to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessss View Post
    No I do NOT have a venom spitter, I do NOT have an Atomizer, I've never received those drops but would certainly love to get them.
    Then if you think its because the enemies dont have enough HP then go and fight a Viscera and record it. I know its not at a hulker major but ill do the same and watch how quick the viscera dies as soon as bugs spawn from the Venom spitters mastery. They kill quicker than the old broken bonesaw. lol

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    Bio toxin with an smg is wrecking events, and one shotting everything. This skill has been talked about enough that it should have been Part of the patch. It just ruined this event.

So, yes atomzer IS in a good place, and is fine as it is.

So sorry atomizer users for blaming you, but I will blame you for spamming bio toxin =p.
    Yup, was saying this the day after the patch came out. Atomizer is fine. Does decent AoE damage. Enough not to be OP, but enough to be helpful. And atomizer with Bio Toxin is also what I mentioned. I mean I saw it right of the bat at my first HH event. Then when that was not happening (can tell by glowy animations), hulkers dieing instantly had something to do with either the Crusader class or something else.

Name: Sandy Rose

+ Reply to Thread