+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Trion Worlds Acquisition Announcement

Greetings — We can confirm that there has been a transaction involving Trion Worlds and its games.

While many of the names and faces you’ve come to know in our studios will remain on through this transition, others will not be making the journey. To those who are leaving us, we are forever grateful for your incredible work and contributions over the years.

We’d like to assure our communities that the games will continue on in capable hands moving forward, as everyone involved is aiming to make this transition as smooth as possible for you. We will have more information to reveal as soon as we possibly can.

From the bottom of all of our hearts, we thank you for your time and dedication to our games and hope that you’ve enjoyed the experience as much as we have. From spending time with you in game, to seeing you at conventions, to talking with you on livestreams and forums, it’s been our pleasure to be a part of this exceptional community with you since our first launch more than seven years ago.

Please know that you have our deepest gratitude. As for our games, we hope you continue to enjoy playing them far into the future!

The Trion Worlds Team
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager/Bulldog

Read our forum standards before posting

Looking for help? Contact our support team!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

A source speaking to Gamasutra, however, has indicated that those layoffs may have affected the vast majority of the studio. According to that source, only 25 or so employees were given the opportunity to continue on with the studio. According to that information, the remaining developers at both the company’s Redwood City, California and Austin, Texas offices have been affected by the layoffs. Prior to this, Trion Worlds employed over 200 people.

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3..._by_Gamigo.php
    I'm sorry for anybody who lost their jobs! Based on another source, we lost Brasse due to this. Are there other Defiance/Defiance 2050 team members who we won't meet anymore?

Looking for a clan? Join Red Thugs!
    Thanks Sachek for the nice customized sig!
    Join Defiance Data's Discord server!

Makes you wonder how this will affect Defiance and who will be staying in the Defiance team.
    Would be easier to say "goodbye" to those who are leaving, if we knew who they were.

Quote Originally Posted by www.mmorpg.com
    A source speaking to Gamasutra, however, has indicated that those layoffs may have affected the vast majority of the studio. According to that source, only 25 or so employees were given the opportunity to continue on with the studio. According to that information, the remaining developers at both the company’s Redwood City, California and Austin, Texas offices have affected by the layoffs. Prior to this, Trion World employed over 200 people.

Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/news/trions-l...wci5oRybKyz.99
    Hope this "amigo group" will manage things properly: I think many players will have guessed something like this was happening behind the scenes.

[QUOTE=Light Energy;2131512]Makes you wonder how this will affect Defiance and who will be staying in the Defiance team. let's hope no one .

I honestly never heard anything about this G-Amigo group. Mexican company? Didn't know any well known games they have published.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn
    Hi Yonpachi,

I'm writing to let you know that we've removed the following post, and would like to take a moment to explain why. While we realize you were trying to be humourous, sexual innuendos are not appropriate for the forums.

Best Regards,

Alyn

Quote Originally Posted by Yonpachi View Post
    I honestly never heard anything about this G-Amigo group. Mexican company? Didn't know any well known games they have published.
    They are German in origin, but now they are "one of the leading providers of free-to-play online and mobile games in Europe and North America": I have just been reading about them

https://en.gamigo.com/

Same, but according to their Twitter, they claim to be "one of Europe's leading MMO publishers". I checked their website, but the only game I heard about from those they listed is Shaiya.

Looking for a clan? Join Red Thugs!
    Thanks Sachek for the nice customized sig!
    Join Defiance Data's Discord server!

German Company

https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/welcome/
    PC-EU

PS4-EU

Really sorry for all those who lost there jobs. The timing absolutely sucks with Christmas just around the corner.

Lol GG Trion