+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    any who fallout 76 is almost upon us. and red dead 2 is already here.
    So much this... hallelujah! XD
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Spocksbeard27 View Post
    **** all you Trion 8==> heads. You didn't deserve to work in the industry you hapless gaggle of ****s
    Tell us how you really feel, it's not very clear lol

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    Just because Gamigo acquired the Defiance IP does not mean that it has a future. ....

If Gamigo's intention is to continue development and increase the player base of Defiance (or any of the games for that matter) then I would have expected them to have released a statement directed at current and future customers by now....

r1p nails it again.

If Gamigo thought the success of their acquisition was dependent on retaining Trion's existing player base, they would have already issued statements reassuring the community that Gamigo is going to take good care of them.

I'm not saying Gamigo won't come on the forums and say something eventually just so that a few of the more die hard players will keep dropping money into the game until the bitter end, but the fact that they haven't said anything yet speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    So much this... hallelujah! XD
    ^^ This, for RDR2
    I'm Offended.........That You're Offended.
    If At First You Don't Succeed........Then Winning Ain't Your Thing.

N/A PSN: DEATH-_DEALER-_

Founder: Defiance Legion Clan

IGN: MoreCOOP4RDR

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman Joe View Post
    I was trying to remember where I got that from and I think I found it here: https://www.mmorpg.com/news/gamigo-i...lds-1000050245

Where it says "Trion was acquired via an “Assignment for the Benefit of the Creditors” process, in which the buyer only buys those assets with which he wishes to continue the business" I read that as Gamigo had options on which games/assets they wished to buy and chose to buy Defiance specifically because they wish to continue the business, a positive sign for us.
    There's a lot more that goes into it. And when "Assets" are mentioned that is more than just the games and the "Name/IP". Obviously none of us know the details of what was, and could, be bought by Gamigo, but based upon what I have seen from the past, it would be more problematic for Gamigo to only buy 2050 and not D13. As much as I hate to see MMOs shut down, even if I don't play them, there are legitimate legal and licensing reasons why companies just don't hand out the server code and such so players can run their own private servers - even if they don't charge a dime when people use them.

It's just like buying a house. You can take a walk through, and see some issues. You can even get an inspection that will uncover more things to be concerned (or pleased) about, but you will still never know the complete "story" of the house and the real shape it's in until you start tearing down the walls.

As others have pointed out, there are other reasons to buy up a game and it's IP other than just to keep it running. But regardless, at the end of the day, the games still need to make a profit for the new owners. If they can do so in their current form, then it's better for us. But I really don't think that's going to be the case. More than likely, if some of the games are going to continue on past the near future, they are going to look a bit different, especially in terms of how they are monetized.

Streamer and Trion Gamigo? Creator
    https://twitch.tv/BJWyler

ATTEE, I really really hope you are wrong. There are a lot more players in d13 then there are in 2050. I think 2050 died the day it was released. If this new owner had any brains at all they would see that the old time players are still playing d13. If they fix the store in d13 I can bet you for sure the money will start to roll back in. I have talked to many players that I have played with over the last 4 years and they all hate 2050. After all it was just a copy and paste of d13 anyway. At least in d13 after grinding and grinding you got somewhere. I played 2050 for a month and was no better after a month then I was on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo191 View Post
    ATTEE, I really really hope you are wrong. There are a lot more players in d13 then there are in 2050.
    I only can find player numbers on steam charts and def2050 are top between the both with 400 more on per day .With that believe 2050 will be top on xbox 1 and ps4 compare to def13.Not sure how you assumed this,but favouritism alone won't save our game,numbers count in business

I think 2050 died the day it was released.
    Wish I could confirm or deny this, but I wasn't able to log into the game for the first several days around its launch.

#ItIsWhatItIs
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

ATTEE, I really really hope you are wrong. There are a lot more players in d13 then there are in 2050. I think 2050 died the day it was released. If this new owner had any brains at all they would see that the old time players are still playing d13. If they fix the store in d13 I can bet you for sure the money will start to roll back in. I have talked to many players that I have played with over the last 4 years and they all hate 2050. After all it was just a copy and paste of d13 anyway. At least in d13 after grinding and grinding you got somewhere. I played 2050 for a month and was no better after a month then I was on day one.
    Exactly...

@ttoomm:
    They are facts. D13 and D50 now have the same number of players. But D13 started with 12000 players and D50 with 2000. After more than 5 years D13 still had 600 players and the number of players only dropped to 200 after the shop was closed. In D50, the number of players dropped to 300 within 3 months. With the update in October, the number of players increased from 300 to 400. Wow, 100 players more. After 3 weeks, the number of players dropped to 200 now. Nothing can help D50 yet. And I mean nothing!

D50 - https://steamcharts.com/app/743090#All

D13 - https://steamcharts.com/app/224600#All

Quote Originally Posted by mahatma andy View Post
    Exactly...

@ttoomm:
    They are facts. D13 and D50 now have the same number of players. But D13 started with 12000 players and D50 with 2000. After more than 5 years D13 still had 600 players and the number of players only dropped to 200 after the shop was closed. In D50, the number of players dropped to 300 within 3 months. With the update in October, the number of players increased from 300 to 400. Wow, 100 players more. After 3 weeks, the number of players dropped to 200 now. Nothing can help D50 yet. And I mean nothing!

D50 - https://steamcharts.com/app/743090#All

D13 - https://steamcharts.com/app/224600#All
    I do know the numbers as i was one of them,I've played since a year after launch on def13.I am talking about the count charts now not 5 years ago.The new company will look at it the same way.Especially with def13 currently riddled with p2w and fixed rng boxes.Well thats if the store was up, wink, wink.But also the chart for 2050 nearly doubles the avg of def13 so i am not sure what your seeing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast