+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Harrist View Post
    I wish they'd just get rid of 2050. And just update original defiance to the latest graphics tech

Update console defiance 13 aswell. And give console players a free transfer to the current gen consoles

Would make a lot of people happy I think

Only 4 months invested in 2050. Most of us have 5 years invested in original defiance
    According to the news, the staff got greatly reduced (to 25 from 200, so 87,5% decrease), so most likely all of their games will be technically on life support, so i don't think we will see new content and big updates anymore... My guess is that the new owner won't keep 2 nearly identical games to run parallel, so Oldfiance most likely will be killed soon.

I wonder how big the impact was on the Defiance dev team, since we don't know how many people worked on it, and how many got laid off. Hopefully we will get a bit more info regarding that in the next few days, maybe on the livestream (if there will be any livestreams after this).

Looking for a clan? Join Red Thugs!
    Thanks Sachek for the nice customized sig!
    Join Defiance Data's Discord server!

Quote Originally Posted by ATTEE View Post
    According to the news, the staff got greatly reduced (to 25 from 200, so 87,5% decrease), so most likely all of their games will be technically on life support, so i don't think we will see new content and big updates anymore... My guess is that the new owner won't keep 2 nearly identical games to run parallel, so Oldfiance most likely will be killed soon.

I wonder how big the impact was on the Defiance dev team, since we don't know how many people worked on it, and how many got laid off. Hopefully we will get a bit more info regarding that in the next few days, maybe on the livestream (if there will be any livestreams after this).
    I feel sorry for the staff that have lost their jobs and hope they find something soon.

I think you have called it right and the original defiance will now close down that's why they have been so silent on the issue of the store as they needed confirmation from Gamigo that they were going to continue running it before saying anything.

I would be nice for some one from Gamigo to post on the forum to let the community know what their plans are
    PC-EU

PS4-EU

Defiance, there is nothing else like it (to my knowledge). Only thing that came close was a game called Firefall. But that flame went out a while back. I only hope Gamigo screw their light bulbs and realise this could be a big money maker if done correctly.
    In Game - Elastikspastik
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Red Thugs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

Well on the downside a lot of people have lost their jobs and I doubt the new company will care enough to keep Defiance 2013 running if there's a newer version out so they'll probably kill that game

On the upside if the new guys see the potential of Defiance 2050 they could actually fix some **** and get the ball rolling on new content.

Could go either way though, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Well on the downside a lot of people have lost their jobs and I doubt the new company will care enough to keep Defiance 2013 running if there's a newer version out so they'll probably kill that game

On the upside if the new guys see the potential of Defiance 2050 they could actually fix some **** and get the ball rolling on new content.

Could go either way though, fingers crossed.
    Now we just play the waiting game.
    In Game - Elastikspastik
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Red Thugs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    Now we just play the waiting game.
    Yup. I have a feeling the next live stream, whenever that is now, will answer some questions...hopefully. I do hope those displaced by the layoffs get jobs soon. Though I imagine with the recent bankruptcy of Telltale Games and those devs looking for work, the market if probably packed now. That's what, 400+ people looking for work?

Even if those at Telltale go to Skybound, it's likely only temporary. I feel bad for anyone trying to gt a job now in the industry for the first time or looking for new work in general. They suddenly got a LOT of competition. :-(
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

Quote Originally Posted by neko_gunner View Post
    Yup. I have a feeling the next live stream, whenever that is now, will answer some questions...hopefully.
    We don't even know if there will be a livestream anymore, since we don't know who were affected by the layoffs in the Defiance dev team. I only know of 3 people: Brasse had to go, but Morgana and Fasti is still with Trion. But we don't know anything about Zephkial, Rarnok, Destromathe, Phrost, Ieatweirdthings, Nomis, Bonesaw, Zambonichaos, Averagejoe, Kerilar, and they are only those who appeared during the livestreams this year (sorry if I left anybody out, i just skipped through a bunch of streams for names, so I might've missed somebody).

Looking for a clan? Join Red Thugs!
    Thanks Sachek for the nice customized sig!
    Join Defiance Data's Discord server!

maybe they new buyers can fix the old defiance store.

Word is the new owner is primarily interested in Trove, which enjoys decent success. I am fairly concerned for other titles, since 25 people is nearly not enough for an active development, more like a "skeleton crew" to keep things running.

for some reason i highly doubt the new company knows squat about console game programming. after all...isnt it just a crappy cell phone game promoter