+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Effort Game View Post
    Look back on topic the op is on here asking about an update when the game literally switched hands Yesterday along with almost 90% of everyone at Trion being fired. Seriously dude? You expect that the skeleton crew is able to do anything with 25 devs spread across 5 games?! Nothing is going to happen soon that will be good for the game trust me. I don't care which cloud you are on, but what part of 90% less staff do you not think of? Like I get it, reality sucks but this is unreasonable atm it is like you're a super optimist where the glass has one drop of water in it but you believe it's only one drop away from being filled to the brim! The devs don't even know if the game or even their jobs has a future right now and you want them to magically make a patch somehow and you don't even know if the guys who coded the game is still here or not!
    I was thinking the same thing. The whole company is going through a major shake-up and he’s here asking about bug fixes...At this point the devs that are still left are probably worried more about finding new jobs before they too are fired.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsPharaohJoe View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. The whole company is going through a major shake-up and he’s here asking about bug fixes...At this point the devs that are still left are probably worried more about finding new jobs before they too are fired.
    Whats wrong with asking for bug fixes? Some lost their jobs but whoever it was should still have been working on bug fixes for the last week and a update should have been ready for release.

  3. #13
    Member Ryu Soba JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Effort Game View Post
    Ah okay well I'm sure the same kind of people like you said the same about Firefall, guess where it's at now? Why does a game like Warframe has around 50 Thousand players on Steam at any given time while Defiance can barely muster 200? They both came out at the same time and both were bad! If Defiance was magically statistically more popular on consoles then why is Trion selling the company surely consoles has more players just because no data lol! Not! have you even played the game on Xbox? It's a ghost town nobody plays it. So just because we have no data you can't just assume that there is more people on consoles without any evidence! Don't let your love of the game delude you. The popularity of Defiance can be determined by the data we do have and it shows that when this game is highly unpopular on one platform the correlation usually can be used to determine the popularity on a different platform. But look you can keep your head in the sand all you want but when this game gets canned don't act all surprised. What exactly is 25 people across 5 games supposed to magically do to fill up this huge hole Trion dug for themselves? Hire more people you say? Well if they do that they will be at step one again as the new people will have no idea what or how to fix this impossible puzzle of code that the last devs could barely work with. What makes you think that this new company is going to magically take extreme interest in an old and outdated game and throw millions into it or just take the game that already has a decent playerbase (Trove) and work with that instead? If you guess that they would spend millions on that outdated game that most people hate for the chance of getting its reputation back and pay off the costs of reworking, readvertising, and building new modern servers for it then you just don't really know how businesses work at all!



    Also this pretty much...
    You apparently haven’t been reading the forums. A dev for Defiance has stated to continue to post bugs and the game will continue to receive fixes and content. The PS4 community is far larger than Xbone at the moment and again, steam charts do not represent pc Definance as a whole. I personally play on Pc through Glyph and Not steam. I have no clue what Fireball even is. Warframe is more polished yes, but just because it’s doing great on one platform doesn’t mean it’s doing great on all of them.
    Again you are praising steam but not considering the other platforms.
    Just because a company is sold doesn’t mean it’s being canned. Many companies get sold and have life breathed into them again.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

  4. #14
    Member Ryu Soba JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Effort Game View Post
    Look back on topic the op is on here asking about an update when the game literally switched hands Yesterday along with almost 90% of everyone at Trion being fired. Seriously dude? You expect that the skeleton crew is able to do anything with 25 devs spread across 5 games?! Nothing is going to happen soon that will be good for the game trust me. I don't care which cloud you are on, but what part of 90% less staff do you not think of? Like I get it, reality sucks but this is unreasonable atm it is like you're a super optimist where the glass has one drop of water in it but you believe it's only one drop away from being filled to the brim! The devs don't even know if the game or even their jobs has a future right now and you want them to magically make a patch somehow and you don't even know if the guys who coded the game is still here or not!
    You should really read more of the forums. The game is still moving forward.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soba JP View Post
    You apparently haven’t been reading the forums. A dev for Defiance has stated to continue to post bugs and the game will continue to receive fixes and content. The PS4 community is far larger than Xbone at the moment and again, steam charts do not represent pc Definance as a whole. I personally play on Pc through Glyph and Not steam. I have no clue what Fireball even is. Warframe is more polished yes, but just because it’s doing great on one platform doesn’t mean it’s doing great on all of them.
    Again you are praising steam but not considering the other platforms.
    Just because a company is sold doesn’t mean it’s being canned. Many companies get sold and have life breathed into them again.
    Well I'm going to just let you believe what you want to believe, while I stay in reality. Just enjoy what's left of the game for now. Defiance 2013 will be gone. And D50 is just following suit. Arguing with someone that dismisses evidence is not someone that can be reasoned with. The devs you say? Oh joy if one dev response in one day makes you think the game is going to stay then pretty much anything someone says you will believe em....

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    west FL
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Effort Game View Post
    Well I'm going to just let you believe what you want to believe, while I stay in reality. Just enjoy what's left of the game for now. Defiance 2013 will be gone. And D50 is just following suit. Arguing with someone that dismisses evidence is not someone that can be reasoned with. The devs you say? Oh joy if one dev response in one day makes you think the game is going to stay then pretty much anything someone says you will believe em....

    there are several threads related to the shakeup and subsequent boundless speculation... maybe you could take your soapbox over to one of those threads, and let the OP keep on keepin' on?

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    west FL
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Effort Game View Post
    Why don't you just shakeup and leave the thread?

    because while I'm aware of the ownership issues, I will continue to play... and I'm interested in those points brought up by the OP, in spite of the fact that you completely derailed his intent

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts