+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    Nofiance.

This.

I loved Defiance 2013 and dumped over $2,000 into it, but Trion's incompetence and greed cured me of any desire to ever install one of their games again, let alone play it.

Now I just come to the forums periodically so I can feel vindicated about my decision to quit and to marvel at this absolutely spectacular train wreck that they've created.

old defiance is much better game, but it still needs a lot of work. I think best bet is port d13 on new gen gaming consoles. 2050 is not the game the players asked for.
    disconnect parody https://youtu.be/J_o1Kq2v9FA
    defiance pax parody https://youtu.be/wpIwZeuJZAU
    professor chaos69
    founder chaos crew pc/na
    all players welcome

i will let the numbers do the talking.
    Started in early August, installed both games.
    Defiance 2013 - 680 hours
    Defiance 2050 - 83 minutes

For what it is worth, if I had to choose between them, I choose the original Defiance.
    I still find the original more fun, more enjoyable and less frustrating (it still runs on a modern PC).

In an ideal world, if I had more say in the matter ... I would choose a hybrid of the two, taking the best from both.

2050 shows that a version of Defiance can run on PS4 and Xbox One. This was something I was pretty confident of, since the original game works runs on my 64-bit Windows PC.
    There is every indication that the original could be ported to the current generation consoles too (a lot of the ground work was done in 2050).

So ... perhaps 80% original plus 20% from 2050.
    This is, after all, what I thought we might get back in June 2017: some "big update" for Defiance was on the horizon. Adding to the original could have breathed new life to it and brought more players too.

It could be done in stages:
    1. Porting the original game to current generation consoles.
    2. Add the bug fixes which are supposed to be in 2050.
    3. Make gradual changes, improvements and additions to the game.
      These, of course, should be tested thoroughly.
    I acknowledge the work they put into 2050. Some of the changes made in 2050 might be worth exploring / including, such as:
    • Improved inventory management / categorisation.
    • Making salvaging and salvage useful.
    • Being able to select a bonus (from a short list) when re-rolling.
    • New outfits and weapon skins.
    • Prototypes could still be a thing or like jackpots / super weapons.
    • Some abilities. I liked the idea of having a medi-bot and the Engineer's abilities could add more to the game. The EGO grid could be added to.
    • The new Crusader storyline and new Harvester enemies.
    There are plenty of aspects of 2050 I am not so keen on. But I think it would be a shame to completely scrap it and all the work that went into it.

We don't know know what Gamigo's plans are yet. Perhaps they have not decided themselves.
    It's quite possible they will keep both versions online and try to monetize the original again.
    Any shrewd business person would at least try to do that, rather than just shut it down ... especially if a large proportion of players prefer the original. Gamigo should at least consider what is popular and still has player appeal.

What is profitable is closely related to what is popular. If there are no players wanting to play a game, you cannot make much money from it.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

The original defiance game for me. I tried the new 2050 for about a month and was very frustrated with it. No matter how hard I tried I never got stronger. The modding of the weapons is very confusing for me. I never got the hang of it. Went back to the old game and have been very happy since. If Trion would only fix the store in the old game it would be perfeect. A lot of players went back to the old game and it seems like Trion is missing out on a lot of money to be made there if the store got fixed.....I need chip pullers

It has been interesting to see peoples thoughts on this subject and considering the subject matter I am of the opinion that unless the community states what their "preferences" are regarding the old game or new game then our voice will not be heard at all.
    That was part of the reason for this post when i created it - so that our preferences could at least be noted somewhere. As to if it will be listened to or have any effect on anything at all - we can only speculate at this point.

I totally agree with Light Energy on this point -

"There are plenty of aspects of 2050 I am not so keen on. But I think it would be a shame to completely scrap it and all the work that went into it.

We don't know know what Gamigo's plans are yet. Perhaps they have not decided themselves.
    It's quite possible they will keep both versions online and try to monetize the original again.
    Any shrewd business person would at least try to do that, rather than just shut it down ... especially if a large proportion of players prefer the original. Gamigo should at least consider what is popular and still has player appeal.

What is profitable is closely related to what is popular. If there are no players wanting to play a game, you cannot make much money from it."

With the above in mind - if we want something to be popular the community has to make it so.

Old Defiance 100%.

We begged for years to have the game we loved to be ported to next gen. When the announcement finally came the community went wild. We were ready!

This version is not what we wanted...at all.

We were never happy with RnG. Some had the lucky horseshoe, and others required the invention of Karma to have a chance at getting anything. So who in their right mind thought "Lets go the Destiny route and create Power Ratings, then base it on RnG"?

There is no point in playing for gear. The only goal is grinding for higher rated gear. The grind is for PR. I played D13 daily every day since launch and I did that for the challenge of adding to my collection. I was proud of my collection and dedicated a lot of time and money to have what I had. 2050 doesn't have this for me. I don't get excited to get home and launch this version.

The game of me verses the RnG to expand my collection was a 5 year daily thrill.

The game of me verses the RnG to increase Power Rating brings me little to no joy.

Not sure why I still hit "Start" most days.