+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    As much as I can understand the evolution of game tech and why games are getting bigger, I think it's gotten pretty crazy. I remember when full games were hitting 4-5 GB and I thought that was ridiculous lol. I don't have/can't afford a very fast connection right now so with the size of things nowadays, and everything going digital distribution, it can be a pain and kinda limits what I can play at times. But on the flipside clients like Steam make large downloads manageable over the course of a day or two for me. I think the thing that bothers me most is when you finish off a massive download, then come the slew of frequent multi-gig updates. Games like GTA V are hell for that sort of thing.
    DieselFuelOnly - 6k - Moo Crew (Founder)
    DieselFuelOnly2 - 6k - Moo Crew (Glorified Noob)
    Someone's Pancreas - 6k - Moo Crew (Another Glorified Noob)
    Pie'Nombra - 6k - Chaos Crew (Officer)

The install of GTAV has nothing on the size of RDR2's install size.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    The install of GTAV has nothing on the size of RDR2's install size.
    Correct, I was referring the size of updates/DLC. It'll be interesting to see how RDR2's updates and DLC will undoubtedly dwarf that of GTA V as well.
    DieselFuelOnly - 6k - Moo Crew (Founder)
    DieselFuelOnly2 - 6k - Moo Crew (Glorified Noob)
    Someone's Pancreas - 6k - Moo Crew (Another Glorified Noob)
    Pie'Nombra - 6k - Chaos Crew (Officer)

Quote Originally Posted by SaikoTeek View Post
    I get all of that. I was just venting. As the years pass, I slip further behind in tech with less of a willingness to 'keep up'. Fallout just dropped a 50 gig patch the other day, which I had to make space for again. I feel sorry for those with connections worse than mine, because I'm one of the luckier ones to even have cable internet in my rural area.
    I hear you. I have two clanmates who live in rural areas they are stuck with satellite internet. One can't play games anymore due to his speeds getting throttled to less than dial up (RIP Net Neutrality), and the other can play, but when it comes to downloading major patches or entire games, it becomes an issue of:

Me: I'll have patch downloaded in a few minutes. How about you?

Friend: Should be down by tomorrow afternoon or evening.

I'm REALLY feeling bad for those stuck in rural areas. Sometimes they have no choice due to income but to live there, or actually enjoy that lifestyle. Unfortunately, when ISPs have a monopoly and refuse to upgrade, it REALLY sucks.

It's going to stuck even more for these folks when gaming completely ditches physical copies and goes 100% digital. I think there is going to be a point where there is going to be a mass exodus of gamers from rural areas or a chunk of the gaming player bases is going to ditch gaming due to it being unreasonable to deal with mentioned issues.
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

more bits means better quality as long as the code writers know what they are doing. a good compression algorithm couldn't hurt.

I also had to uninstall some games to free some space to be able to download red dead redemption 2, if you want a good quality of game you have to assume.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Minecraft Pocket Edition Google Play Services Counter-Strike

Of course they are but we are also getting more space in our discs :-D