+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroughbred View Post
    Unsure if devs can even respond to tickets, or if they even have anyone working on them, but i wonder would it be possible for those who should have the achievement, if support team can unlock them for us?
    i dont think CS can help, or else they would have unlocked them for all the players who had them glitch out trophies on ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroughbred View Post
    Unsure if devs can even respond to tickets, or if they even have anyone working on them, but i wonder would it be possible for those who should have the achievement, if support team can unlock them for us?
    I doubt that the CS would be able to pop an achievement as I have never seen that happen. What I have had happen, even a few months ago, where I've had an achievement get bugged and not unlock was that CS got information from me as needed to send to the devs and ultimately informed me that it would be fixed in an upcoming patch, and it was. This is how software support works in other areas.

However, being that they solicited bug reports and feedback to be posted here, I didn't put in a ticket before and sat on this until well, now. Though the lack of an official response and comments I've received so far makes this process seem less than fruitful. Reading about how they never fixed the PS3 problems or being told that the scores can be done or whatever was never the purpose of this post.

Some of the achievements probably require more to "fix" than others, which is understandable.

For The General, if you have a team and game the scoring, you can get gold. This was feedback that the gold scores should be more reasonable, or give us more options to be able to get more score. I remember being able to gold these solo in the Xbox 360 version of Defiance. Feels like there were more enemies, more bonuses to get and you even had straight boosts to your scores. They certainly have adjusted parts of the maps... as you used to be able to pick up the defunct prototype boxes, but those seem to have been removed. But those are points lost. Is it better than being stuck crouching until you hit a menu? Sure. That said, this achievement was truly unobtainable when the dailies for the Defiant Few faction didn't credit, but they fixed that part of it.

Abundance of Ego - The requirements as they are stated on both platforms can be met, it's just not unlocking, and I haven't found or seen any commentary on why it is broken. Kind of fell under the "post on the bug report forums" hole.

These cannot be attained at all -

Legend of Defiance because if you can't unlock even one of these, you can't get this one anyway.

Key to Paradise and Widely Regarded haven't unlocked because hitting the max reputation doesn't seem to do anything, while you do get credited for hitting the top rank in your pursuits for the factions.

Of these, the Chasing Shadows one concerns me most. Pre-acquisition, there was no real idea given of when Capture and Hold would be turned on, even though it is a base achievement for the game. If anything I would hope they would adjust the requirement to use the capture 50 points in Shadow War thing, as I'm pretty sure I've done that.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by verbalhomage View Post
    I doubt that the CS would be able to pop an achievement as I have never seen that happen. What I have had happen, even a few months ago, where I've had an achievement get bugged and not unlock was that CS got information from me as needed to send to the devs and ultimately informed me that it would be fixed in an upcoming patch, and it was. This is how software support works in other areas.

However, being that they solicited bug reports and feedback to be posted here, I didn't put in a ticket before and sat on this until well, now. Though the lack of an official response and comments I've received so far makes this process seem less than fruitful. Reading about how they never fixed the PS3 problems or being told that the scores can be done or whatever was never the purpose of this post.

Some of the achievements probably require more to "fix" than others, which is understandable.

For The General, if you have a team and game the scoring, you can get gold. This was feedback that the gold scores should be more reasonable, or give us more options to be able to get more score. I remember being able to gold these solo in the Xbox 360 version of Defiance. Feels like there were more enemies, more bonuses to get and you even had straight boosts to your scores. They certainly have adjusted parts of the maps... as you used to be able to pick up the defunct prototype boxes, but those seem to have been removed. But those are points lost. Is it better than being stuck crouching until you hit a menu? Sure. That said, this achievement was truly unobtainable when the dailies for the Defiant Few faction didn't credit, but they fixed that part of it.

Abundance of Ego - The requirements as they are stated on both platforms can be met, it's just not unlocking, and I haven't found or seen any commentary on why it is broken. Kind of fell under the "post on the bug report forums" hole.

These cannot be attained at all -

Legend of Defiance because if you can't unlock even one of these, you can't get this one anyway.

Key to Paradise and Widely Regarded haven't unlocked because hitting the max reputation doesn't seem to do anything, while you do get credited for hitting the top rank in your pursuits for the factions.

Of these, the Chasing Shadows one concerns me most. Pre-acquisition, there was no real idea given of when Capture and Hold would be turned on, even though it is a base achievement for the game. If anything I would hope they would adjust the requirement to use the capture 50 points in Shadow War thing, as I'm pretty sure I've done that.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    They intentionally left this topic behind for almost 5 years before 2050, until the same mistake resurfaced on the new generation consoles. Honestly, I don't think Trion possess the skills to fix something like this. I almost wonder why they don't reach out to other gaming companies for advice or to lend a helping hand. That seems more logical than falsely misleading players to think that they're capable of doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Understand that the players aren't your personal police force that must be looking out for hackers 24/7. That is your job.
    Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    Why do they focus on "lesser known bugs" that are not major concerns! Lag and disconnects On the other hand are the two main problems that everyone wants a fix for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Because after 4 years of defiance, if you're still here, then it's not that big of a problem. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Loot boxes are not pay to win.

As a player who’s still missing over 20 of the original trophies earned and someone who is now missing a few of the current ones I can say that I have gone back and forth more than one occasion with Trions CS and Sony’s CS. The issue is on the Defiance side. The issue occurred around the first client update. CS can absolutely unlock an achievement and allegedly were doing so when the the issue was first reported. However, after more and more people started reporting it and Destromathe addressed it here in forums, CS allegedly stopped granting the achievements. If this has any truth in it I would assume it’s to collect data. I remember talking with Phantasie a long time ago about this issue and he was saying that it’s some kind of relay bug. Basically, you obtain the prerequisite for the achievement, that information gets sent through a relay which triggers it on the consoles list. At least that’s how I understood it.
    As for why it was never fixed then (or now), I assume it was because Trion was primarily a PC game developer. The devs for Defiance primarily played on PC. All the testing was PC. What’s not on PC? Trophies and achievements. PC elitist tend to not understand the relationship console players have with trophies and achievements. Therefore, a developer who are on the PC master race train wouldn’t consider this bug a priority. That’s just my opinion on why it was never fixed and why it’s currently not fixed again.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

Wink

After killing the hostages solo reached 20k points, then two friends came in and got the bonus to relive the two, then just walked on the map and after about 10 minutes began to appear several points as if I had killed the enemies, I hope this bug works.

Vídeo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvPFo6ItUYw

[COLOR="yellow"][FONT="Arial Black"]Tudo muda tudo troca de lugar o filme é o mesmo só o elenco que tem que mudar Que alterar pra poder se encaixar se não for pra ser feliz é melhor largar,
    Então se ligue e busque felicidade pra existir história tem que existir verdade
    Numa estrela cadente o sonho se faz presente no compasso do batuque de um coração doente
    A fera tá ferida mas não tá morta Deus fecha a janela mas deixa aberta a porta
    ♪♫

Omg take that down now!!! Lol.