+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    If d13 wasn't axed yet, then why would those?

how do you know d13 isn't going to get axed? is there updated news about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Scrub View Post
    My 2 cents, while I can understand why it feels old to you guys that has been here for some time but to a newer player, it doesn't feel old at all. I haven't achieved everything or done all the co-ops yet. Also am really enjoying the Seiges as I have been getting a ton of loot. I am over the HH event though. I am no longer concerned with getting anything from it as I haven't gotten anything yet and I have done lots and lots of them. If they can build on this and fix the criticals, this game can still make money.
    Unless you play Minecraft an original Diablo or any other old game from the past with dated graphics then sure Defiance would feel NEW to a NEW player. But like you stated, it has been here for some time (5years) that's five years this game has been out running this same old engine with same old story missions and same events (Sieges, Co-Ops, Shadow War PVP,) same map in fact they remove part of the map and just recently reintroduced the infected and grid. But overall nothing has changed in the formula.

If they can build on this and fix the criticals, this game can still make money.
    I had to LOL at your last statement, this game has been here for 5 years, Defiance 2050 carried over a lot of the issues from old Defiance...they've have tried to build on this and it contributed to the death of their company and termination of their staff. Sure the potential to make money from this game is still possible. But lets face facts this game is old, the graphics are dated, the player count is down too an all time low, the original company is gone, most of the dev's are gone. Players are tired of the game since its basically the same old experience from original Defiance. If they want to make money from the Defiance IP (intellectual property) the new owners will need to introduce a lot of paywalls and micro-transactions. Even then they'll need to start a major ad campaign across all platforms and various media to draw in more player numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashinka View Post
    maybe you're educated (maybe not) but your people skills suck; insulting people and name calling is not the preferred way of persuasion
    Tell the other guy also. Taking sides with your "buddies" is just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithova View Post
    Unless you play Minecraft an original Diablo or any other old game from the past with dated graphics then sure Defiance would feel NEW to a NEW player. But like you stated, it has been here for some time (5years) that's five years this game has been out running this same old engine with same old story missions and same events (Sieges, Co-Ops, Shadow War PVP,) same map in fact they remove part of the map and just recently reintroduced the infected and grid. But overall nothing has changed in the formula.

I had to LOL at your last statement, this game has been here for 5 years, Defiance 2050 carried over a lot of the issues from old Defiance...they've have tried to build on this and it contributed to the death of their company and termination of their staff. Sure the potential to make money from this game is still possible. But lets face facts this game is old, the graphics are dated, the player count is down too an all time low, the original company is gone, most of the dev's are gone. Players are tired of the game since its basically the same old experience from original Defiance. If they want to make money from the Defiance IP (intellectual property) the new owners will need to introduce a lot of paywalls and micro-transactions. Even then they'll need to start a major ad campaign across all platforms and various media to draw in more player numbers.
    I get and understand your point but I think you are missing seeing it from a new players perspective, like me, I have only been here for a month. I don't know that it is the same engine graphics or what have you. This is the first I am seeing it and I also did not play the original Defiance. This is not just a issue that is only happening with this game. A lot of games that have been around for the length of time as this one, you are going to loose players. They get tired, pissed at the direction of the game or any number of other reasons. I have just come from a game that I am taking an extended break from for many of the reasons I listed. So while I understand players like yourself's frustration, I am merely stating that I can see potential in this, especially with some changes. Now whether that happens remains to be seen and I don't blame you for thinking it won't.

I get and understand your point but I think you are missing seeing it from a new players perspective, like me, I have only been here for a month. I don't know that it is the same engine graphics or what have you. This is the first I am seeing it and I also did not play the original Defiance. This is not just a issue that is only happening with this game. A lot of games that have been around for the length of time as this one, you are going to loose players. They get tired, pissed at the direction of the game or any number of other reasons. I have just come from a game that I am taking an extended break from for many of the reasons I listed. So while I understand players like yourself's frustration, I am merely stating that I can see potential in this, especially with some changes. Now whether that happens remains to be seen and I don't blame you for thinking it won't.
    I see from your perspective but you're not seeing mine. They've had five years to improve Defiance. What we got was Defiance 2050 and it still has some of the same unresolved bugs reported years ago in old Defiance. The game is running the same tiring formula from old Defiance, every season or special holiday we gets events like Hulker Hell...we got this in old defiance btw...its the same thing...drive to major ark falls shoot at a bunch of infected and hulkers...next event is Solstice Strike with a Christmas theme..etc etc etc its the same thing brah and same activity. Everything you're experiencing now a lot of people have already experienced in old Defiance.

Imagine this you get all leveled up you achieve max rank and paid a few hundred dollars or more for additional digital items like new outfits or DLC for new missions. Then next year they "re-imagined" Defiance. They update it to now run on mobile platforms. Its the same game you played in 2050 just updated to run on mobile platforms and all Bitstore items are new, but they still carry a lot of the old appearance items that you might have paid for previously..but now in this other re-imagined Defiance you're without all your purchases aside from some token "Veteran" points they grant you thats 1/8th the value of the items your previously purchased. You've also lost all your progression. So you decide "hey I'm going to buy this new Super Duper Veteran Deluxe edition"... And then they release new DLC..(but these are just paid access for Co-op missions you previously played in 2050). Nothing has change its the same game with the same missions and same events and same everything even has a lot of the same bugs and issues reported in 2050. But hey its ok you're a new player you think the game can still make money if they fix the issues you've experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by LAPDAlonzo View Post
    how do you know d13 isn't going to get axed? is there updated news about.
    I didn't say it wasnt at risk, just that it's hasn't shut down yet.
    XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 3000)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 27xx)
    Clan: ogs

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithova View Post
    I see from your perspective but you're not seeing mine. They've had five years to improve Defiance. What we got was Defiance 2050 and it still has some of the same unresolved bugs reported years ago in old Defiance. The game is running the same tiring formula from old Defiance, every season or special holiday we gets events like Hulker Hell...we got this in old defiance btw...its the same thing...drive to major ark falls shoot at a bunch of infected and hulkers...next event is Solstice Strike with a Christmas theme..etc etc etc its the same thing brah and same activity. Everything you're experiencing now a lot of people have already experienced in old Defiance.

Imagine this you get all leveled up you achieve max rank and paid a few hundred dollars or more for additional digital items like new outfits or DLC for new missions. Then next year they "re-imagined" Defiance. They update it to now run on mobile platforms. Its the same game you played in 2050 just updated to run on mobile platforms and all Bitstore items are new, but they still carry a lot of the old appearance items that you might have paid for previously..but now in this other re-imagined Defiance you're without all your purchases aside from some token "Veteran" points they grant you thats 1/8th the value of the items your previously purchased. You've also lost all your progression. So you decide "hey I'm going to buy this new Super Duper Veteran Deluxe edition"... And then they release new DLC..(but these are just paid access for Co-op missions you previously played in 2050). Nothing has change its the same game with the same missions and same events and same everything even has a lot of the same bugs and issues reported in 2050. But hey its ok you're a new player you think the game can still make money if they fix the issues you've experienced.
    I truly do understand your point, I have experienced it first hand with another game. Sad thing is, it seems this is happening more and more throughout the gaming industry with little we can do about it.